Tips on putting in Hot Shots Golf

lordopus99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Does anyone have any hints on putting for me? I normally have to two putt everything cause I can't tell the breaks. Any tips would be appreciated

The putting challenges will help alot. Play those for a good hour or so and putting will improve dramaticly. I went from making most inside 12ft to making most inside 30 feet.

I'm laughing hysterically over here, because I thought someone needed help "putting" the game in their PSP system. First you start by taking the game out of the case...

Watch the lines when you're putting, and see what direction they are going to, and the speed in which they are going.

Fast lines to the right means the ball will curve sharply to the right, so aim for the far left, for example.

[quote name='gmzone']I'm laughing hysterically over here, because I thought someone needed help "putting" the game in their PSP system. First you start by taking the game out of the case...[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

I had the hardest time ever putting in this game too...

I didnt relaize that you need to look at the lines of the grid when putting. They flow the direction your ball will turn when putting, so angle it like you would angle it against the wind.

It's easy (sort of)! Like people have mentioned, watch the movement of the lines on the green. the best tip though is to use the line on top of the meter to your advantage - it's there for a reason...

First, the flag location on top of the line is the exact location of the hole. If there was no slope at all, you would set your power exactly at the flag to get the proper distance.

Second, if the line slopes from the left -> down to the right you have an uphill putt so you should set the power meter a little past the red flag. If the line slopes from the right -> down to the left you have a downhill putt so you should set the power meter a little in front of the red flag.

Finally, and most importantly, is the slope of the line itself. As you position your shot from left to right you will notice the slope of the line will gradually change. This is a little hard to explain but after you take into consideration the movement of the lines on the green and get comfortable with how hard you should hit the ball, you should try to fine tune your putting line by making the slope of the line as uniform as possible from the start of the meter (where your ball is) to the red flag (where the cup is). If you make sure this line is as smooth as possible it will more than likely go in.

Here's a basic example... You are 30 ft from the hole and there is a slight slope to the left. You should move your putting line to the right to compensate for the slope. You then note that the line slopes from the left -> down to the right so you know it's an uphill putt so you know to time your press a little past the red flag. Next you look at the line itself and notice it slopes approximately 3 pixels. You should aim for te pixel transition to be every 10 ft on the line so it has a uniform slope.

I hope this helps but mainly practice makes perfect.

bread's done
Back