TJ Maxx - MW2 & Halo 3 ODST - $29!

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just got off the phone with the wife. She found one copy of MW2 (PS3) and multiple copies of ODST for 29 bucks each. This is at a Wisconsin TJ Maxx.

Edit: I have one copy of each in hand. She wasn't kidding!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP! Picked up MW2 at the store in Langhorne, PA. Got the last one. They still had 2 copies of ODST though if anyone near Philadelphia is interested.

Boston Downtown Crossing has games behind the register. I got the last 360 Batman; they also had a couple of copies of ODST and UltimAte Alliance 2. Also saw Wii Beatles RB and PS3 Tekken.

[quote name='llm962']My buddy checked out the TJ in Green Bay---no Halos or MW2. There were a few games---Quake Wars for PS3, Guilty Gear, Battle Fantasia...I passed on all of them. If you're interested, they're tucked away by the electric shavors near the men's section.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I was seriously considering going out to check tonight. Saved me a trip.

[quote name='MrPlow']Boston Downtown Crossing has games behind the register. I got the last 360 Batman; they also had a couple of copies of ODST and UltimAte Alliance 2. Also saw Wii Beatles RB and PS3 Tekken.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the details. I want Batman but not the others, so you saved me a trip. I did hit the Somerville MA store on the way home and they got nothing. Maybe I'll try Cambridge tomorrow; there's one in Brookline, but it's a small store so I doubt they've got anything.

Just checked a local store in pompton plains, nj they had nothing except samba di amigo for wii and a lot of hd-dvd's. but now i'm reading they keep the good games behind the counter? it's on my way home tommorow so i'll check and report. dont really need any of these games but it's a pretty crazy deal. good find!

[quote name='Pescado Plus']Whoa, there's a TJ Maxx 3 miles away and I'm one of the 5 people that doesn't have MW2 yet.[/QUOTE]
I would finally get MW2 for that price, but I see a GOTY edition coming in a few months, just like COD4 had.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Which one? I'm coming through Cincy (my brief stomping grounds from last year) this weekend, and I was looking to hit up one or two of these looking for any of these games.[/QUOTE]

It's the only one I'm aware of that is downtown. It's in the Carew Tower mall: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...local_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBEQtgMwAA

I also stopped by the TJ Maxx on Beechmont Avenue, where they also had their games in a hard-to-find place. They had Tekken 6 & a few other things marked down to $29, and I also saw a couple HD-DVDs marked down to $4.50-- unfortunately I already had both.

[quote name='Crusher09']I would finally get MW2 for that price, but I see a GOTY edition coming in a few months, just like COD4 had.[/QUOTE]

Don't bet on a MW2 GOTY having any DLC. The COD4 GOTY included a code for the free DLC maps for a very short time, then Activision yanked it out. They still sell COD4 GOTY, but no DLC is included, making it the same damn thing as the regular COD4.

[quote name='liberaltugboat']Checked the Bellingham WA store... a few copies of Battle Fantasia and some WWE2008 but that was all.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the tip

Checked the new orleans metro area, no luck. they did have matt hazard (ps3) for $15 and space chimps $(who cares) as well as an old copy of shadowrun.

Any one not greedy that has some positive spirits willing to scan their reciept and email me the copy of it? Doesnt matter if you bought it with a debit card or credit card just cross out private info with a black marker if you bought it with a debit or credit card. If you paid cash even better.
I have a friend in Sears that works in there and he did some price matching for me in there before, so he might do this as well but I need to show him some kind of a proof that it is indeed $29.99.

TJ Maxx receipts dont specify which item is which only what department they are, i should know since I work there.

I will however check our back room today and can email you a picture of the price tag on the item if they have it...I seriously doubt they do since the only games ive seen is like hot wheels or something.

[quote name='paperchu']TJ Maxx receipts dont specify which item is which only what department they are, i should know since I work there.

I will however check our back room today and can email you a picture of the price tag on the item if they have it...I seriously doubt they do since the only games ive seen is like hot wheels or something.[/QUOTE]

its okay if it doesnt specify, I can call the store from the sears where my friend works and verify over the phone. I did it before with target over the phone from this sears and he price matched it for me. As long as I have an actual price and some kind of an item number, thats good enough for me.
I would appeciate it if you can email me the scan or any one else.

I will pm you my email.

[quote name='Mike Toole']Thanks for the details. I want Batman but not the others, so you saved me a trip. I did hit the Somerville MA store on the way home and they got nothing. Maybe I'll try Cambridge tomorrow; there's one in Brookline, but it's a small store so I doubt they've got anything.[/QUOTE]

hey i went to the one downtown today, and they still have 1 batman left for 360 behind the registers on a shelf, the one at brighton (harvard green line stop) only had wii games

[quote name='Crusher09']I would finally get MW2 for that price, but I see a GOTY edition coming in a few months, just like COD4 had.[/QUOTE]

So instead of paying $30 now (+$10 for the map pack), you're going to wait a few months and pay $60?

:applause:

I was thinking TJ Maxx was selling both MW2 AND ODST together for $29. That would have been some deal!

Its just funny how greedy some people are in here.

not one person can email the scan of the actual game/price to the rest of us who can try to go and price match it some where?
damn...

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Its just funny how greedy some people are in here.

not one person can email the scan of the actual game/price to the rest of us who can try to go and price match it some where?
damn...[/QUOTE]

Why ya quoting my post though? I didn't say I found any of the games. I said I struck out in trying to find them.

Hahaha that's funny. I read that quote and was wondering why he quoted you. Struck out in Merriville, Indiana. Might hit up another one some time this week, hopefully I can find MW2 since I already have ODST.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why ya quoting my post though? I didn't say I found any of the games. I said I struck out in trying to find them.[/QUOTE]

ohh my bad, lol, i didnt mean that. I'll re-edit it.
I was reffering to the greedy motherfuckers who got it and wont post up a scan. Thats what you call a cheap motherfucker.

Even if the few people who did get these games post up a scan, there's no telling IF you'll even be allowed to use that receipt to try and price match anywhere.

Unless you find a really lax Best Buy manager who doesn't care that the receipt you're using is from 2-3 or more states away possibly, in which case good luck.

I only wanted MW2 for PS3 to try it out and if I didn't like it trade it on here or whatever.

the one near me had one copy of odst for 29 sticker, and the guy said it might come up cheaper as he picked up mw2 for ps3 the day before.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Even if the few people who did get these games post up a scan, there's no telling IF you'll even be allowed to use that receipt to try and price match anywhere.

Unless you find a really lax Best Buy manager who doesn't care that the receipt you're using is from 2-3 or more states away possibly, in which case good luck.

I only wanted MW2 for PS3 to try it out and if I didn't like it trade it on here or whatever.[/QUOTE]

I said before that I have a Friend that Works In Sears and he did price matching for me before with a receipt, so he most likely will do it again, and where I live they have T.J Maxx so I dont know what you talking about being 2-3 states away. As long as the store is from there thats all that matters.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I said before that I have a Friend that Works In Sears and he did price matching for me before with a receipt, so he most likely will do it again, and where I live they have T.J Maxx so I dont know what you talking about being 2-3 states away. As long as the store is from there thats all that matters.[/QUOTE]

I meant that as, if someone posts their receipt and they're from 2-3 states away from you, that would be kind of difficult to get a price match I would think.

Of course, since you have a friend that works at Sears, that gives you an 'in' to do the deal.

[quote name='msriflegirl']Anyone in NC had any luck finding anything? I'm going to scout the stores around Cary/Garner today...[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna check out some Durham stores tomorrow maybe. I'd love to find Batman AA!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I meant that as, if someone posts their receipt and they're from 2-3 states away from you, that would be kind of difficult to get a price match I would think.

Of course, since you have a friend that works at Sears, that gives you an 'in' to do the deal.[/QUOTE]

not really because if its a chain store like target,tj max, sears, bestbuy, all the prices are usually the same when it comes to clearance or sale games.
I checked it before with the socom conforntation bundle that came with the bluetooth headset, my targer in nj was the same as the target in Virginia... So that wouldnt be a problem.
but yes, as you said, i have a friend that works in there so i might be able to get it done, and i mentioned that before, but people still are being greedy.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I'm gonna check out some Durham stores tomorrow maybe. I'd love to find Batman AA![/QUOTE]

Definitely let me know. The Cary store was a bust. I haven't had a chance to go to Garner (I may go tomorrow). Heck, if you find and want to pick up an extra Batman AA, I would happily meet you anywhere in the Triangle. :pray:

[quote name='Video-Gamer']not really because if its a chain store like target,tj max, sears, bestbuy, all the prices are usually the same when it comes to clearance or sale games.
I checked it before with the socom conforntation bundle that came with the bluetooth headset, my targer in nj was the same as the target in Virginia... So that wouldnt be a problem.
but yes, as you said, i have a friend that works in there so i might be able to get it done, and i mentioned that before, but people still are being greedy.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? You've been here SIX years and you adamantly believe that all prices are usually the same when it comes to clearance or sale games?

I beg to differ, since my local Targets seem to like being 2-3 drops behind everybody else or so it seems.

When I see people claiming they got XYZ game for $7.48, the fuckin' things are still $29.98 at my local frickin' stores.:roll:

As for people being 'greedy', how exactly is that? They're not sharing receipt scans or offering to lose money trying to ship those to those of us who can't find a copy of these games for cost+shipping and having to put up with lowballing jackoffs who don't take into account packaging, TAX, Delivery Confirmation and anything else I missed.

I can't really blame the people finding these deals for not wanting to share them(or their receipts).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Seriously? You've been here SIX years and you adamantly believe that all prices are usually the same when it comes to clearance or sale games?

I beg to differ, since my local Targets seem to like being 2-3 drops behind everybody else or so it seems.

When I see people claiming they got XYZ game for $7.48, the fuckin' things are still $29.98 at my local frickin' stores.:roll:

As for people being 'greedy', how exactly is that? They're not sharing receipt scans or offering to lose money trying to ship those to those of us who can't find a copy of these games for cost+shipping and having to put up with lowballing jackoffs who don't take into account packaging, TAX, Delivery Confirmation and anything else I missed.

I've done it before, trying to be Mr. Nice Guy and do a favor for some on here and I had 'the shipping I'm only willing to pay' repeated over and over to me. I ship the way I feel comfortable, not the way some jagoff demands I do it.

So, I really can't blame those finding this deal for not wanting to 'share'.[/QUOTE]

Well thats your target that is behind, no mine, so it doesnt mean every one are the same.
As far as being the mister nice guy, yeah you got some asshole low ballers that demand crazy shit like "i will pay only for the shipping" but what you tell them is go fuck yourself and ignore them.
I had a guy from that shipped out the Socom Bundle for me for the PS3 and I more than willingly sent him the money for the actual game + shipping and any other requests like gas money if he needed to, but he said it was cool if i just send him the money for the game + shipping, and thats how we did it.
Some people are just greedy in their own natural way, which is very fucking pissy, but what can you do, you got people that are fucked up like that in this world.

Thanks OP, I will check this out tomorrow.

So the following are $29?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2(PS3)
Halo 3: ODST(360)
Forza 3(360)
Batman Arkam Asylum(PS3)
Smackdown vs. Raw 2010(PS3)

I find it funny that AGAIN you call people who got this deal 'greedy' because they refuse to take time out of their day and scan in their receipt or offer to pick up a copy and ship it at cost+shipping.

Like it or not, this site has become more like SlickDeals and FatWallet and less of the 'paradise' many long time CAG's seem to think it still is while looking through their rose colored glasses.

No offense, but no one owes anyone anything on here.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I find it funny that AGAIN you call people who got this deal 'greedy' because they refuse to take time out of their day and scan in their receipt or offer to pick up a copy and ship it at cost+shipping.

Like it or not, this site has become more like SlickDeals and FatWallet and less of the 'paradise' many long time CAG's seem to think it still is while looking through their rose colored glasses.

No offense, but no one owes anyone anything on here.[/QUOTE]
It's no use responding to that guy - he's obviously dreaming and has some anger-management issues. Not posting a scan of a receipt = greedy? That alone is absurd. Perhaps some people don't have a scanner...

I like how the jerk asking people to go out of their way so that he can make a "friend" go out of his way, has the nerve to call people greedy. IT'S A VIDEOGAME! Wait long enough, it will be that price everywhere. If you don't want to wait, spend the few extra $$$.

That said, I struck out at Greece Ridge.

nothing in woodinville, wa...... combed the store for about an hour too. those peeps that are arguing back and forth. you 2 need to get a room. =P

[quote name='Mike Toole']Thanks for the details. I want Batman but not the others, so you saved me a trip. I did hit the Somerville MA store on the way home and they got nothing. Maybe I'll try Cambridge tomorrow; there's one in Brookline, but it's a small store so I doubt they've got anything.[/QUOTE]

went to checkout the downtown crossing store b/c its 5 min from my dorm, they actually had a decent selection, forza 3, smackdown, marvel, batman, all for 360 & some for ps3, no cod or odst unfortunately. will checkout the brookline store this weekend

I got Halo 3 ODST for only $7.99!

My TJ Maxx had sensor problems ringing up the barcode scan yesterday, so the employee typed up a search and apparently only charge me for the regular Halo 3, not ODST!

Too bad they didn't have MW2 otherwise I might've gotten it for MW1's price!

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']I got Halo 3 ODST for only $7.99!

My TJ Maxx had sensor problems ringing up the barcode scan yesterday, so the employee typed up a search and apparently only charge me for the regular Halo 3, not ODST!

Too bad they didn't have MW2 otherwise I might've gotten it for MW1's price![/QUOTE]

I fully expect as many as three posts over the next 24 hours complaining that they were not able to get the same thing to happen :p

bread's done
Back