TMNT soon to be season sets!

Hmm... so do I buy up the early volumes as well (only have volume 1) or wait for them to rerelease those as season sets too?

[quote name='botticus']Hmm... so do I buy up the early volumes as well (only have volume 1) or wait for them to rerelease those as season sets too?[/QUOTE]

I would really suggest buying up the volumes.
Go for like 10 bucks a pop.
And have like 12 episodes so looking at a very similar pricing structure. Unless they release like special features as well.

Hmmm does this means the rest will be in seasons or wil they redo the old ones? I have 1-5 on the DVD's so will i have to buy the 6th DVD set?

I really doubt that they're going to release the first three seasons as box sets. Well, first of all, volumes one and two are their respective seasons. It was only season three that has been split up so far. I don't see why they would bother, I think it would be kind of pointless and a bit confusing to release season three as a set at this point.

It's nice to see them going to the season boxsets for the next season because have 12 episodes per release for the tons of episodes that the series has (around 200?) and I'd probably run out of space on my shelf. It even seems cheaper from DDD (~$30 for ~40 episodes vs. ~$40 for 4 DVDs).

I'd suggest DDD over the DVD Empire, as with shipping, it'll be more expensive than DDD's price with free shipping.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's nice to see them going to the season boxsets for the next season because have 12 episodes per release for the tons of episodes that the series has (around 200?) and I'd probably run out of space on my shelf. It even seems cheaper from DDD (~$30 for ~40 episodes vs. ~$40 for 4 DVDs).

I'd suggest DDD over the DVD Empire, as with shipping, it'll be more expensive than DDD's price with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Your math is wrong. If they released these as the $10 sets it would have been 3 sets to make up the 40 episodes (since they were around 12 to 13 episodes a set). So it would have cost $30.

Now my big question is ... what will walmart sell this for instore. I was picking this up as a regular $10 purchase which is easy to swallow. But if it's $40 at walmart then I'll have to order online which I'm trying to avoid as much as possible as that means adding it onto cc debts rather than just paying for it. Plus there are repeat episodes on the season set they will release first. So overall it might end up less episodes. And the seasons that follow are I believe shorter. So if later it's $30 (DDD) for 24 or fewer episodes I'll be kind of pissed since this will end up much worse than what we were getting. :cry:

bread's done
Back