TNA iMPACT! - Gen. Discussion & Info.

buterbals

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
bgtnaimpactyq1.jpg

Features:

TNA iMPACT!™ is the exclusive Total Nonstop Action wrestling game based on the top-rated weekly television show, TNA Impact! Choose the wrestling style, custom move set and clothing to construct the ultimate champion. TNA drenches the player in moves and match types that allow amazing acrobatic and aerial feats along with the bone-jarring crush of hard-hitting impacts. The game features top wrestling talent such as Kurt Angle™, Jeff Jarrett™, Rhino™, Samoa Joe™, AJ Styles™, Sting™, Christian Cage™, Abyss™, and more to deliver all of the excitement and action of the television show!

Featuring 25 of your favorite TNA superstars: Take control of top TNA superstars such as Kurt Angle, Booker T, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Christian Cage, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Rhino, Christopher Daniels, and more! Perform all the wrestlers' signature moves including The Canadian Destroyer, The Styles Clash, The Clutch, The Scorpion Deathlock, The Olympic Slam, The Gore, The Axe Kick, and many more!

Innovative professional wrestling: TNA's signature six-sided ring brings unprecedented action and high-flying wrestling moves to players. And in the incredible Ultimate X match, wrestlers climb cables high above the ring in a daring attempt to capture the belt.

Become a legend: Build a lifetime of fame through the game's innovative story mode. Create your very own TNA wrestler with customized costumes, move sets and more as you unfold the back story of a champion wrestler.

Online competition: Online play allows you to create customized match rules and invite friends or foes to compete head to head. Online game modes include Tag Team, Ultimate X, Fatal Four-Way, and more!

Roster:

rosterak9.jpg

Screenshots:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36026.html

UPDATES:

- Aug 08, 2008: IGN's Story Mode Hand-On

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/897/897494p2.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really hoping this game turns out nicely. So far it seems like it will be fun. Might not be perfect on the first try but its something different. Im just beginning to get tired of the same gameplay that Smackdown VS Raw offers.

Last edited by a moderator:
can't wait for this game!! it'll be a day 1 purchase for me since i'm a huge TNA fan. And i got my tickets for the house show here in Wichita today front row!!!

The gameplay seems to be a bit faster and less stiff, like the smackdown series. The only thing about the game is that it wont have a huge amount of wrestlers and Im sure it won't be as packed with features.

Good thing there's a create-a-wrestler. I hope it has a lot of customization options. Online could be very good as well.

This game looks great, the gameplay looks arcadeish, which is faster and great for a wrestling game. Graphic-wise it looks awesome, too bad it's been delayed like 2 times, now we have to wait until september. Definately a must check game for any wrestling fan even if you are a WWE or ROH mark.

[quote name='xpacdos']can't wait for this game!! it'll be a day 1 purchase for me since i'm a huge TNA fan. And i got my tickets for the house show here in Wichita today front row!!![/quote]
BTW, I went to the June 23 Impact taping in Orlando, and was an awesome experience for any wrestling fan, i'm sure you'll have a great time xpacdos.

I'll be surprised if this ends up being any good. I hope I'm proven wrong though, it would be awesome to have a current-gen game that was even as good as DoR, never mind No Mercy.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']This game is going to suck worse than the WWE games.[/QUOTE]

"Suck worse"? Does that mean it will be good?

But reviews I have read from people who played early builds, it isnt supposed to be that great. More of a game that has a lot of room to grow.

I dont see how it could suck more then the WWE titles, those just arent fun at all, but I dont think this will be the VPW2/No Mercy reincarnate wrestling fans are hoping for either.

[quote name='JJSP']WTF is "The Clutch"?[/quote]

LOL, beats me. I thought the same thing about them referring to Kurt Angle as just "Kurt" and well...including Eric :hot:

I'm starting to think that the extra 6 months or so they took, was just to make the game horrible. It looks nothing like it originally did, and now pretty much looks like crap.

I was really excited for it, and now I don't think it'll be anything other then a rental at best.

I don't know what it is, But The game doesn't seem to hold my interest. I watched all the videos and everything. I don't like the way you are whipped into the Turnbuckles. Your one arm flailing wildly. I don't know. I guess I just have to play it and judge for mys elf.

On a Personal note, Its good to be living in Florida with Orlando Studios only 2 hours from me and having a season long pass. I havn't missed a TNA Impact taping yet. :D

Very interested in the TNA game. Hopefully we're going back to the No Mercy/GC wrestlemania roots with this one.

[quote name='SL4IN']Very interested in the TNA game. Hopefully we're going back to the No Mercy/GC wrestlemania roots with this one.[/quote]

Well, perhaps for the next TNA game, but not this game.

People with hands-on impressions say it plays like, earlier Midway pro-wrestling title, WrestleMania: The Arcade Game. My impressions from the videos I watched is that it appears to be true.

So, this title moves down from "I am interested" to "I will wait for it to hit the bargain bin."

Here's hoping it does indeed play like No Mercy and not WrestleMania: The Arcade Game. By the way, my reference was from the Giant Bomb and 1Up podcasts.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']They say it has the same controls as No Mercy.[/quote]

They said that it's patterned after No Mercy in that the controls have basic grapples and strong grapples. Big deal, the more recent SmackDown games have weak and strong grapples.

It sounds like you have punches, kicks, generic weak grapples, generic ground and turnbuckle grapples, and personalized strong grapples. That sounds like crap. The game's going to suck ass.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Kotaku put up a "Lighting Preview" as they call it. They say it has the same controls as No Mercy. How many times have we actually heard that about a wrestling game? Here is the link.

http://kotaku.com/5034515/heres-a-wrestling-game-for-you-tna-fans[/QUOTE]

You're right. Every developer name drops No Mercy (or at least N64 wrestling games) during the build-up to release. It ALWAYS turns out to be total bullshit. I'm not expecting much from this.

Haha, I don't get how the guy at ign gets 40% though story and can't comment on if its good or not...just random bs

[quote name='Sporadic']This game is going to suck a million dicks.[/quote]

I should have known better than to have faith with a Midway game.

I suspect it will indeed play like WrestleMania: The Arcade Game.

Here are the achievements for the 360 version, there are also a number of secret ones aswell.

On Top of the World 5
Create a player in Story mode (Chapter 1).

Lucha Libre! 10
Win the Mexican Gauntlet Match in Story mode (Chapter 1).

Welcome to America 10
Defeat James Storm in Story mode (Chapter 2).

King of the Gauntlet 10
Win the Gauntlet Match in Story mode (Chapter 2).

Welcome to TNA! 15
Defeat Robert Roode in Story mode (Chapter 3).

Climbing the Ladder 15
Win two Tag Team matches in Story mode (Chapter 4).

5150 20
Beat LAX in Story mode (Chapter 4).

It's About No Limits 20
Win three X Division matches in Story mode (Chapter 5).

He's Not Phenomenal 25
Defeat AJ Styles in Story mode (Chapter 5).

This Is Awesome! 30
Become the X Division Champion in Story mode (Chapter 5).

A Heavyweight Price 35
Win your first Heavyweight match in Story mode (Chapter 6).

The Bigger They Are... 45
Defeat Kevin Nash in Story mode (Chapter 6).

Start Your Own Streak 55
Defeat Samoa Joe in Story mode (Chapter 6).

It's Damn Real! 75
Defeat Kurt Angle in Story mode (Chapter 6).

The New King of TNA 100
Defeat Jeff Jarrett in Story mode (Chapter 6).

Send'em Home Happy 15
Perform a signature move to excite the crowd

Highspot Risktaker 40
Perform 50 aerial moves successfully.

Don't Fire Eric 20
Defeat Robert Roode with Eric Young

Return of The Icon 5
Play as Sting.

X Marks the Spot 15
Win an Ultimate X match.

Detroit's Finest 25
Win a Tag Team match using Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin.

Mid-Card Contender 25
Win 25 matches in any mode.

He's on Fire!! 20
Create an all flame clothing theme.

Shark in the Water 50
Defeat every wrestler on the roster with Shark Boy.

Planet Jarrett 20
Play against a real life TNA wrestler or someone who has.

World Wide Wrestler 25
Play 25 ranked matches on Xbox LIVE

Jobber Nation 0
Lose 5 matches on Xbox LIVE in one sitting.

Underdog Wins 30
Defeat someone of TNA Champion status on any Leaderboard.

Best of the Best 100
Achieve TNA Champion status on any Leaderboard

so anyone want to take some guesses at what the review score at ign will be..

im going with a 6.5 but i would not be suprised to see something lower.

New info from Gamingring

* NO CAWS ONLINE

* ONLINE 1 on 1 & 1 on 1 Ultimate X only

* ONLY 5 CAW SLOTS

* NO ANKLE LOCK, AXE KICK, SCORPION DEATHLOCK , ECT.

* NO DOUBLE TEAM MOVES

* MATCH TYPES - 1 on 1, Tag Team, Triple Threat, Free for All (Fatal 4 Way) 2 On 1 Handicapped, Fall Count Anywhere, Submission, Ultimate X 1 on 1, Ultimate X Triple Threat.

* NO STAMINA

* CHAIRS ARE THE ONLY WEAPON

* NO DQ'S OR COUNTOUTS IN ANY MATCH

* NO ALTERNATE ATTIRES (Kevin Nash ONLY has Jeans & Polo Shirt Attire)

* 7 GRAPPLES

* CAW DOESN'T GET ANNOUNCED (no call names)

jesus.. are you f'in kidding me

and fuck fuck fuck!!! I can't believe there isnt an alternate outfit for nash!!!! that is just plain sloppy midway

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']* NO ANKLE LOCK, AXE KICK, SCORPION DEATHLOCK , ECT.[/quote]

WHAT?!?! How the hell can you make a game and omit most of the people's finishing moves?

* NO DOUBLE TEAM MOVES

Again, what? What the hell is the point of having tag team matches then?

This definitely sounds like half a game.. I'll rent it.. maybe I'll pick it up when it's like $5.

[quote name='Scorch']WHAT?!?! How the hell can you make a game and omit most of the people's finishing moves?

Again, what? What the hell is the point of having tag team matches then?

This definitely sounds like half a game.. I'll rent it.. maybe I'll pick it up when it's like $5.
[/size][/quote]

What's the point of having Team 3D if you can't even do the fucking 3D???

And why omit a move that Sting has done for around 20 years???

* ONLINE 1 on 1 & 1 on 1 Ultimate X only

* NO ANKLE LOCK, AXE KICK, SCORPION DEATHLOCK , ECT.

* NO DOUBLE TEAM MOVES

That is the only three that really bothers me,but I doubt it is true to be honest. I heard back along time ago it up to 4p online unless they changed it for some reason it still should be that,but If this info is true this going is going to get rated like a 4 out of 10. I love wrestling games to much I would pick this game up no matter how bad it sucked.

Guys, I know the owners and most of the staff at GamingRing. I used to work for the site. They are not at all reliable or trustworthy. I'm not saying the information is correct or incorrect, because I don't know either way. But if there's any site you should not be trusting, it's that one. Don't get freaked out... yet.

One thing I want to know is what is up with Sting's appearance? I believe he first used that appearance for a very short time when he returned at Bound for Glory 2006. It's outdated by a good year and a half.

What gets me is they added in Booker T and also updated appearances for people like Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, yet Sting is stuck with that god awful look.

They used the right look for the cover at least.

[quote name='Matt Young']Guys, I know the owners and most of the staff at GamingRing. I used to work for the site. They are not at all reliable or trustworthy. I'm not saying the information is correct or incorrect, because I don't know either way. But if there's any site you should not be trusting, it's that one. Don't get freaked out... yet.[/quote]

I didn't really trust the information it sounds to odd. I remember hearing it was 4p online from the start. Just wait till the game comes out, and check the reviews.

I thought that Full Metal Mayhem and Monster's Ball was supposed to be in the game? If that's the case, the "chairs only" doesn't make any sense.

bread's done
Back