"TNA is pretty solid right now" wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
If you haven't been watching it it's been pretty good lately. Slammiversary was a solid PPV and Impact has definitely been more wrestling-focused in the last several weeks. Impact being live certainly doesn't hurt either.

There, we have a new topic since a new one wasn't started before the last one was locked. If you don't like that the title happens to be about TNA, go in the corner, have a good cry and get over it.

Knockouts make my nipples itchy.
yr1ZB.gif

I thought it was going to be "Tna is pretty solid right now" said nobody, ever.

Weird thing is, that dude didn't stop the whole match. Sadly, I watched him. His friend kept talking to him, other people kept talking to him. What in the hell was he doing? Cause as soon as the intros began he started it and didn't stop till they left the ring.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I thought it was going to be "Tna is pretty solid right now" said nobody, ever.

Weird thing is, that dude didn't stop the whole match. Sadly, I watched him. His friend kept talking to him, other people kept talking to him. What in the hell was he doing? Cause as soon as the intros began he started it and didn't stop till they left the ring.[/QUOTE]

What are you even talking about?

[quote name='neocisco']What are you even talking about?[/QUOTE]

Second post in. The gif of the guy with itchy nipple or playing with his nipple.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Who's ready for RAW IS CYDNI LAUPER tonight? Because she's going to be on RAW tonight. Yay![/QUOTE]

But will AUTSIN also show up and give her a Cone Stold Stunner? Find out!

I'm surprised no one mentioned the masked men who attacked Sting at the end of the last Impact. But yeah, TNA seems pretty decent from the times I've watched.

[quote name='Cage017']I'm surprised no one mentioned the masked men who attacked Sting at the end of the last Impact. But yeah, TNA seems pretty decent from the times I've watched.[/QUOTE]

I am kind of thinking that is going to end up being a return of Jeff Jarrett angle myself. However, time will tell.

[quote name='Spyder187']I am kind of thinking that is going to end up being a return of Jeff Jarrett angle myself. However, time will tell.[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought when it was happening. In fact I'll predict that JJ's reason of doing it is out of jealousy of Sting being the first TNA Hall Of Famer. On that note.... ROH... seriously....

Eddie Edwards vs Brutal Bob on the next ROH TV. Hello Wrestlecrap!

[quote name='Scorch']Someone uploaded ECW Hardcore Heaven 1997 on Youtube (no links, look it up)! I've never seen it. It's the event w/ Lawler vs. Dreamer.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Im going to check that out...never saw that one either.

I've heard Impact has been good lately. I haven't watched in years. I may actually give it another shot.

LMAO @ the ref in the Hogan/Andre match. I think we know where Shawn got the idea to flail around during a Hogan match from now.

I'm sure it's partially because I'm old enough to have seen the stuff as it happened in '85 but I loved that Piper segment. Dude is great every time he has shown up over the past couple of years, and Lauper was good enough too. Not to mention Slater may just come out of this as having some heel value.

Shame that Cole had to snicker after EVERY SINGLE LINE said by ANYONE during the segment. fuck that guy, wish he'd get his fucking throat ripped out.

Seriously. I don't know if it's him or Vince in his ear, but they need to fucking stop and learn from JR, Solie, hell even fucking Tony Schiavone: You just have to shut the hell up sometimes and let the in-ring product go.

Gotta love how Cm punk had Ace on his ass for the majority of his heel gm run yet Cena gets 1 month and half and gets to end Aces Gm reign. :applause: wwe booking at its finest.

Abraham Washington did all that bulking up and they still make him a manager...think I'd rather have Teddy Long put his do-rag back on and manage Young/O'Neal.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'm sure it's partially because I'm old enough to have seen the stuff as it happened in '85 but I loved that Piper segment. Dude is great every time he has shown up over the past couple of years, and Lauper was good enough too. Not to mention Slater may just come out of this as having some heel value.

Shame that Cole had to snicker after EVERY SINGLE LINE said by ANYONE during the segment. fuck that guy, wish he'd get his fucking throat ripped out.[/QUOTE]

I die a little inside every time I hear Michael Cole fake laughing.

[quote name='shotgunshine']I die a little inside every time I hear Michael Cole fake laughing.[/QUOTE]

He's worse than Steve McMichael, Stevie Ray, Larry Zbyszko, Taz, and Mark Madden. I'd be okay with calling Michael Cole the worst commentator in the last 50 years. Thereby ruling him the worst commentator to ever call pro wrestling.

Watching half of RAW tonight served a reminder as to why I only watch RAW through a few clips every week from their YouTube channel. Same old shit, Michael Cole being a perpetual asshat, and mostly terrible crowds. I will never be okay with adult males rockin' the John Cena merchandise. I'll stick to NXT and Superstars where there is no such thing as Michael Cole and John Cena. Perhaps, one day, they'll get the hint.

Cole is one of the reasons why I stopped watching WWE. No way am I listening to him for 2 hours.

(Playing the part of the broken record was neocisco.)

Cole is just doing his job, so I don't blame him personally. You know Kevin Dunn and Vince McMahon were in his ear telling him to mock everything in that segment.

[quote name='kodave']Cole is just doing his job, so I don't blame him personally. You know Kevin Dunn and Vince McMahon were in his ear telling him to mock everything in that segment.[/QUOTE]

He "does his job" horribly. All the other announcers have Vince in their ear as well and none are as awful as he is. His delivery is so fucking phony. His "laughs" aew incredibly forced. I still cringe when I think about the way he always used to forcibly say "EDDIE GUERRERO! Lyin'...cheat-in'! STEALIN'!" fuck that worthless piece of shit.

[quote name='KaneRobot']He "does his job" horribly. All the other announcers have Vince in their ear as well and none are as awful as he is. His delivery is so fucking phony. His "laughs" aew incredibly forced. I still cringe when I think about the way he always used to forcibly say "EDDIE GUERRERO! Lyin'...cheat-in'! STEALIN'!" fuck that worthless piece of shit.[/QUOTE]

Uh... they key difference is, Vince isn't piping in lines for a gimmick into other announcers ears. The other announcers are just being themselves but told to bring up certain things or stress certain points. Cole is playing a character probably 75% of the time if not more. A full on character.

Cole isn't an all time classic commentator, but when he just focuses on what is in the ring and does that job someone in his position should be doing, he's more than fine.

But when Vince has him playing his gimmick, it becomes absurd.

Cole DISTINCTLY switched gimmicks and personalities and even tone and demeanor during the Lauper segment during Raw. It was ridiculous. I have no doubt that was at Vince's direction to go into "Evil Heel Announcer Mode." None of the other announcers have alternative personalities like that.

Eventually Vince will let it go and Cole will just be Cole again.

[quote name='kodave']Cole is just doing his job, so I don't blame him personally.[/QUOTE]

I'd say that's a fair point, but I don't think he's a very good announcer when he isn't trying to ham it up, either. He's got that Mitt Romney thing to his personality in that it's pretty obvious he's an awful (and perpetual) poseur - so much so that you wonder if there is a human being under there at all.

So, yeah, if I was as bad as Cole was but earned Cole's paycheck, and the boss thought I was the bee's knees - sorry, double-double-ee universe, I'ma keep doing my thing. I get that, and I don't hate Cole or anything odd like that. I'm just disappointed that he receives high praise from people in positions of power and influence, when he's no good.

But that's WWE, which is like watching Vince McMahon's frat-boy dreamscape at times. Whenever fan interest is at odds with what Vince wants to see, 100% of the time the former suffers and the latter benefits. This is why Jim Ross is always embarrassed on national tv when he's in segments.

[quote name='Chase']Bigger cans: Health Slater, now, or The Rock before his breast reduction surgery.[/QUOTE]

I was saying that in the other thread too. I think Slater figures he is terrible as a wrestler in the mens division so he went and got some breast implants to wrestle in the Divas division. Sad thing is he wouldnt be the ugliest diva...

[quote name='HydroX']Apparently I will be attending the 1000th RAW in StL. Anyone else going?[/QUOTE]

Only way I would be going is if I got free tickets. Between the Rosie/Trump Raw and the shitty Royal Rumble, the WWE has burned me way too many times.

[quote name='onetrackmind']Only way I would be going is if I got free tickets. Between the Rosie/Trump Raw and the shitty Royal Rumble, the WWE has burned me way too many times.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, going to have to fully disagree. I sat through the episode where Triple H screwed a corpse in a casket and I'd pay full price to be at Raw 1000. DX, Austin, and Bret Hart will be there. That'd be enough for me.

It's going to be tough to avoid spoilers the whole weekend and the Monday of that Raw.

[quote name='neocisco']Cole is one of the reasons why I stopped watching WWE. No way am I listening to him for 2 hours.

(Playing the part of the broken record was neocisco.)[/QUOTE]

Yup. I very rarely watch Raw anymore and haven't for a long time. Michael Cole is a big reason for that. I'll check out a recap and if something good happened, i'll just watch it on Youtube. I wouldn't even mind if Cole went back to just being a straight pbp man without the stupid shit. Yes, he still sucks at that but he is seriously unbearable for me the way he is now. He would actually make a good heel manager imo. I remember the segment he had when JBL came back for one night and then Stone Cold came out. He was great in that.

I've been watching some of Daniel Bryan's earlier WWE matches and I have to watch them on mute because of Cole. Christ, do they think having Cole bury him every second is helping anything? Whats worse is its probably Vince telling him to say this shit. It just shows how out of touch he is nowadays.

[quote name='Scorch']Sorry, going to have to fully disagree. I sat through the episode where Triple H screwed a corpse in a casket and I'd pay full price to be at Raw 1000. DX, Austin, and Bret Hart will be there. That'd be enough for me.

It's going to be tough to avoid spoilers the whole weekend and the Monday of that Raw.[/QUOTE]

I'm just hoping Taker or Rock makes an appearance, and not via satellite. He likely wont, but wishful thinking.

Hell, being after Money in the Bank, I wouldnt be opposed to a cash-in that night either. Even a teaser cash-in would be acceptable in my eyes.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm just hoping Taker or Rock makes an appearance, and not via satellite. He likely wont, but wishful thinking.[/QUOTE]

UT is pretty much a lock. Good chance for the Rock, production just wrapped on Empire State. He's also featured in the commercial, so I would be surprised if he didn't show up.

I'm personally hoping to see Ahmed Johnson!

1h2d83.jpg

Found an out of character interview with Owen Hart. I've never seen this. This was done five months before his death in December, 1998. Unfortunately, it's not complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit @ Ahmed Johnson.

I watched something recently that had a match of his on it... an old Royal Rumble?

It was godawful.

Put a fork in his hand and scar tissue on his brow and Ahmed could be the second coming of Abdullah the Butcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back