To all former-EGM subscribers

detectiveconan16

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
What the hell? For months I heard nothing about what was going to happen to my EGM subscription now that it was canceled. I could've called customer service for my money back, but it was pointless since I got them free now. And now they give me a freakin' Maxim magazine sub? If Hearst owns 1up, why the hell couldn't they give us Popular Mechanics?:bomb:

wait... EGM closed shop??

No wonder I never got my birthday subscription my girls grand-mother gave me... I did get Maxim for the first time yesterday for no apparent reason...

UGH!

Actually, Maxim is the closest they could give you. If you're seen with either one by an actual girl, you'll have no chance with her whatsoever.

[quote name='darthbudge']I had almost 2 years of EGM left and I have not received anything at all in return.[/QUOTE]

to everyone not having received anything yet in place of EGM, I just got my first Maxim YESTERDAY... so it could still be coming.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Actually, Maxim is the closest they could give you. If you're seen with either one by an actual girl, you'll have no chance with her whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Rofl!

I need to find out how to cancel this. I can't have Maxim coming to my house, my parents live here.

[quote name='ananag112']I had over 100 years of EGM left and now I get Maxim. I got my first issue today. Argh...[/QUOTE]

did you get a year of maxim or does it say your sub ends in 2013 or whatever?

Maxim is just an awful magazine. Since my EGM subscription was free however, I really don't care anymore. I'm just hoping the mag starts again, as was rumored.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']did you get a year of maxim or does it say your sub ends in 2013 or whatever?[/QUOTE]

It says FEB84 so I guess I have it until 2084.

[quote name='help1']

I need to find out how to cancel this. I can't have Maxim coming to my house, my parents live here.[/QUOTE]

You're a man not a piece of furniture dammit! It's ok!

And I haven't gotten anything yet, even though my (free) sub was good until 2021. Hmm, maybe that's why the mailman had such a big smile on his face...

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I thought I would get something classier... But it seems the 1up overlords think we're a buncha horny teenagers.[/QUOTE]
What? With characters like Ivy, Zero Suit Samus, Lara Croft, and talks of hot lesbian interspecies sex; how can they ever think that?!

huh, can't remember if I had any issue left in my subscription. I guess I'll know if random issues of Maxim start showing up.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Uh....what's wrong with Maxim guys? There's not even any nudity in it. It's just a pop culture magazine. Nothing dirty about it.[/QUOTE]

It DOES suck though... I think I have issues 1-83 at my parent's house in my old closet... I have to go throw them all our tomorrow...

I stopped subscribing when I noticed they were running the same articles every 2 years...

Details is INFINITELY better... I think they also ceased publication for a short while... gives EGM hope...

If EGM comes back, do we get our subscriptions we paid for?

EGM is coming back from another company who bought the name so I doubt they will send us anything. I haven't got any Maxims yet. At least if I'm getting a shitty magazine it may as well have an occasional hot girl in it. I'm pretty sure I'll be thumbing through them on the way to the trash though.

I got my first Maxim with a sticker on the cover saying it is my replacement.....until Aug 2017. After that, when I'm 45+, maybe I'll go for Barely Legal. It just seems.....right.

[quote name='DestroVega']Details is INFINITELY better...[/QUOTE]

You do know that Details is a gay men's magazine, right? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Yeah, I signed up for EGM for the 2nd time and got ONE magazine before they went outta business... No Maxim for me yet, tho I have no intention of keeping that magazine. Hot girls are nice, but real life hot girls are better =)

It's just an odd choice for a gaming magazine replacement... I mean, surely there are younger people that were given EGM subscriptions, right?

I don't imagine little 13-year-old Timmy will be upset, but his parents might be none too happy.

(Or, if you prefer: For an industry that seems to still be viewed as very 'kiddy', this is an oddly adult choice of replacement.)

[quote name='pacifickarma']you do know that details is a gay men's magazine, right? Not that there's anything wrong with that...[/quote]

what??

Yeah I got Maxim two days ago... you guys do know they clearly put in the magazine you can ask for a refund right?

I really don't care I signed up for EGM for some ridiculous low price of like $12 for a whole year or somethnig.

i did not get it then again i got maxium coming till like July 2025 for free years ago when almost every site was giving away a 3 year plan to the mag.... I just toss them in the trash...

LOL 2025....

I wonder if the comet hits the earth in 2012 or whenever i can request a refund for the other 13 years i lost " )

[quote name='pacifickarma']You do know that Details is a gay men's magazine, right? Not that there's anything wrong with that...[/QUOTE]

Not that it matters either way, but I'm pretty sure that's not true.

My EGM subscription was up for renewal when they folded so I'm able to avoid having to put up with receiving Maxim. God, I can't believe I used to think that magazine was cool (10 years ago).

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Uh, no. You're the idiot who bought it yourself. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You're the person that said look at this. And I"m like "Hmmm what is it?" And you pull shenanigans on me. I demand reperations.

Can't wait to see the twelve year old boys trying to explain to their moms why they have Maxim coming to their door.

Does DarthPuma subscribe to EGM?

I was wondering why I suddenly had Maxim in my mailbox. It's great that EGM is coming back and all, but I really don't want this til Feb 2011. And thing is, they don't even make up for the months in between EGM going out and this month. I believe someone owes me four months, whether I want Maxim or not. Or not, I really don't care.

I haven't received anything... I know had it paid until June or July (then had like 2 years of free issues) but I hope I don't get Maxim. If my parents see it, they'll kill me.

I got my Maxim issues the other day. The first one that came wasn't too great, but the second one (that has a "Contact us if you want a pro-rated refund for your EGM subscription" sticker) had a hot hot hot picture of Jennifer Love Hewitt

Haven't received anything yet, but went over to Maxim.com and was able to look up my subscription info using my old EGM info.

Something tells me we're getting hosed here. Although I had 19 issues remaining on my paid EGM subscription, I'm only getting 5 issues of Maxim? And once that first one comes this week I'll only be able to get a refund equivalent of 4 measly issues? Ouch.

Was this supposed to be a 1-for-1 subscription change?

I had to contact customer service again just to get it canceled. The first reply was why I got it, but it seems they didn't bother to respond to the other thing.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Are you a heterosexual man arguing against a free subscription of Maxim?[/QUOTE]

Only the chochiest of choches takes any of the girl advice from those magazines.

Urban Dictionary definition of Choch: The guy who wears pooka shell necklaces, has frosted tips, goes to tanning salons, and believes that he is God's gift to women. He usually ends up being gay.

.... not that there is anything wrong with that. :whistle2:$

bread's done
Back