To All Who Cant Find/Get Disgaea

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
280786b.jpg

For those of you who cannot find a copy of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (like me, who has been looking forever for a good deal on this! Can't even find it for $5 at CicuitCity!!! grrr...), Atlus Software will be rereleasing this baby :shock: ! It will include as to what might be a character art book for all u fanboys. :p Also there might be a speculation that price may go down from the usual $49.99 (I hope so!).

So good News! yay! thank you Atlus!

(This was reported by the most recent GameInformer... i'm too lazy to look, but it's the one with the feature on Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory)

Is this a second rerelease? I remember reading on Atlus' site that they rereleased Disaea back in May. I'll try to get this when it gets rereleased

This is extremely old news, mentioned way back in May. This is not a second re-release. There was a one time re-release and then it went back into the vault.

Yeah hard to find for $5...but not hard to find. EB has had it constantly on their website since that 1st rerelease awhile ago.

[quote name='cougartai']seriously people ... this game is not that GREAT.[/quote]

Best SRPG this millennium, easy. One of the top 5 of the last, too.

I have this, La Pucelle and as a result of those two hunted down Rhapsody. Rhapsody is NOTHING like the other two. Nippon Ichi makes some interesting products but they're not great, it's nice to see their titles warmly embraced by a segment of the PS2 market. Gives me hope that more "Japanese" type games make their way here.

I really do miss the old days when just about every game came out in Japan and here. That changed starting slightly with the Saturn/PS2 when we didn't get some launch stuff like Motor Toon GP a couple of the Saturn 4meg titles but now it seems like we barely get half the Japanese releases.

With Acclaim going in the crapper and likely out of business in the next 60 days its good to know new players can still come into the American market.

For the second time in this thread... This is not a re-re-release. There was a one time re-release. After atlus did a reprint, they put the game in the vault.

http://www.atlus.com/press/051304Disgaea.html

Straight from Atlus..A press release back from MAY, as stated above.

Magazines are highly out of date by the time they hit the stands. I'm suprised that more people do not realize this.

[quote name='cougartai']seriously people ... this game is not that GREAT.[/quote]Yeah it is, dick.

Phantom Brave might outdo Disgaea. Other than that, there's no SRPG, in the past or the (forseeable) future that stands even a modicum of a chance against the nigh-perfection that is Disgaea.

End of story, case closed, move along.

And if you have to go look "modicum" up on dictionary.com, deduct 10 points from your total score and move back three spaces.

Check your local EB and Gamestop stores, as well as pawn shops. It seems like up here in Boston, people are trading new looking copies of Disgaea at a fairly large rate.

Check your local EB and Gamestop stores, as well as pawn shops. It seems like up here in Boston, people are trading new looking copies of Disgaea at a fairly large rate.

How much is it used at EB? $45?

We have a copy of it at work (Gamecrazy). It's conveniently hidden up in the top corner (literally) of the PS2 new product wall so no one ever sees it. Good thing if I ever decide to buy it someday. But not for $50...

Disgaea is a very cool game, to me La pucelle is better, and Rhapsody is an experience unto itself. NI make some really cool niche titles and should be experienced by lovers of the RPG/Strat genres. I am glad they are finally opening a US office.

Is Disgaea a huge improvement over La Pucelle? I bought La Pucelle from the Target $19.99 deal and was glad I didn't pay the full $49.99 for it. The game looked like a PS1/Saturn title. Even the strategic portion of the Sakura Wars games on DC looked and played better.

While la pucelle looks like a PSone game it was meant to be that way, its a very complex strat game, if you are a graphics hound it isnt for you, but give the game a chance, there are few other 2d strat or adventure games that look that good.

[quote name='cougartai']seriously people ... this game is not that GREAT.[/quote]

With 65 hrs logged into it I can tell that it is indeed GREAT, if not AWESOME.

bread's done
Back