To anyone who's recently made a Game Fly purchase.

Galego23

Banned
Has anyone recently made a Game Fly purchase and had it ship?

I ordered Rainbow Six Vegas 2 last week and it still hasn't even processed yet...

I ordered R6V2 too and my order shipped on Dec. 3rd. Should be here today. I know that they ran out so maybe they are waiting on copies to come back in off rentals for the people who ordered it towards the end of the promotion.

They're probably in the process of finding the most beat up copy to send you
Just wait on it
jk all the GF copies I have received were close to Mint

I ordered a couple things from Gamefly last Monday. It took them until Thursday to ship, but they were on my doorstep on Friday morning. I must've got a little lucky on that, since they shipped from Pittsburgh.

I wouldn't be concerned if it was just waiting to ship.. but it's been at "Buy-It Processing" since purchase.

I purchased it fairly early too, at $10 I'm not going to go crazy over this but was just curious to see if anyone else had the same problem, apparently not, lol.

ordered 3 games within the past month sometimes it may take up to 5 days. One game I ordered was pretty beat up, the way to do this is buy a used copy of the same game at gamestop If it's in better condition put in the beat up copy and return it to GS

[quote name='CaoPi']ordered 3 games within the past month sometimes it may take up to 5 days. One game I ordered was pretty beat up, the way to do this is buy a used copy of the same game at gamestop If it's in better condition put in the beat up copy and return it to GS[/quote]

that's blatant abuse of their return policy, and is probably frowned upon to talk about here

[quote name='aniousjoe']that's blatant abuse of their return policy, and is probably frowned upon to talk about here[/quote]

I wish I could do that with the Gamestop games I got lmao.

Halo 3, no manual.

GTA IV, no manual or case.

My Alone in the Dark took 2 weeks to get here, and it was in pretty bad condition.

My RSV2 got here in 3 days, and it was in decent condition.

I ordered like 6 games and they all arrived a couple of days ago. Took a little over a week to get them. They were in decent condition with a lot of smudges on them.

[quote name='aniousjoe']that's blatant abuse of their return policy, and is probably frowned upon to talk about here[/quote]

abuse or not...it's a lesser abuse...if gamefly didn't sell beat up copies and if gamestop didn't both buy and sell beat up copies, the abuse wouldn't have to be done...if gamestop looked at the beat up copy and said, "sorry sir/mam, this couldn't have been the one we sold to you because we cherish our customers too much to ever sell them something in such poor condition"...then maybe you'd have a case...but gamestop wouldn't say that because they know that they buy and sell garbage all of the time

from Dec 1 to Jan 15 Please allow up to 2 weeks to get your games..

WTF that is half of billing cycle

its been 8 days since a game shipped from gamefly and still do not have it and they said they could not report it for 14 days cause of the hoildays WTF

[quote name='slidecage']from Dec 1 to Jan 15 Please allow up to 2 weeks to get your games..

WTF that is half of billing cycle

its been 8 days since a game shipped from gamefly and still do not have it and they said they could not report it for 14 days cause of the hoildays WTF[/quote]

it's the holidays, dude. the mail is slow this time of year. there's a lot of stuff to sort through.

[quote name='Scorch']....

it's the holidays, dude. the mail is slow this time of year. there's a lot of stuff to sort through.[/QUOTE]

at least in the summer they give you 5 bucks if the game dont show in 7 days they said they will not do that until 14 days now ...

So if my membership runs Dec 1 to Dec 31 Game ships Dec 2 I get game Dec 15...

That mean i can play 2 games for 2 weeks for just a low low price of 24 bucks .... Thats 12 bucks per rental .

just saying i can see games taking 2 weeks but they should at least give you time for the time lost

[quote name='kube00']My game was a little beat up time I'm going to call them tomorrow.[/quote]

I had never ordered from them since I'm in Japan, but... I dunno, a few months back they had some games I wanted real cheap. I got Assassin's Creed, Unreal Tournament III and a couple others I can't seem to remember...

Anyway, I played the odds hoping that they would be good because after shipping to my parents in the US and then here to me, it ended up taking about 2 months to receive. Luckily everything came out OK. The AC disk is cracked at the inner edge by the hole, but seems to work for now...

I know some people have said all their games are great, and others have noted some issues, but for people like me, I love to hear both sides and every single experience because sometimes, I don't have a return/exchange option!

I've gotten about 25 or 30 games from GameFly since becoming a member last November. I would say most of them came in fair to good condition. A rare few, usually ones I got right after release, were near mint or mint. I've only gotten about two or three that were really, really fucked up, but they did play...somehow.

I just got Condemned 2 for the 360 from them and it looks like Mold was growing inside the center ring. It's like trapped in between the center of the disc. Well it's either mold or some dudes really had black junk on their hands when they were handling the disc.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']abuse or not...it's a lesser abuse...if gamefly didn't sell beat up copies and if gamestop didn't both buy and sell beat up copies, the abuse wouldn't have to be done...if gamestop looked at the beat up copy and said, "sorry sir/mam, this couldn't have been the one we sold to you because we cherish our customers too much to ever sell them something in such poor condition"...then maybe you'd have a case...but gamestop wouldn't say that because they know that they buy and sell garbage all of the time[/quote]

not sayin' some of GAMESTOP'S policies aren't shitty, but you are still passin' the buck

You can't justify such actions by saying, "Well, if Gamefly didn't sell them, I wouldn't do it." By ordering from GF, you know exactly what you're getting into. They are a rental service. You should know that not everyone actually takes care of games, especially games that aren't their own. If you can't deal with the chance of getting a beat up game, don't buy from them.

And the more and more people abuse GS' 7-day return policy, the harder the time emoployees will give everyone when actually doing a legitimate return. GS also will simply past the cost along to us.

Got to wonder once again if gamefly is hurting for cash....

Shuffle away dungon was to come out Nov 24? Then Dec 4 Then dec 8 then Dec 9 Then Dec 11

now Dec 12 and expect more delays

I dont think gamefly has stock a new PSP game in over a month and its been i think at least 2 or 3 weeks since they even got anything new for the DS in

bread's done
Back