To File A Chargeback or not?

ImpurePhoen1x

CAGiversary!
So I purchased a Pikachu 3DS XL from PC Richards and tried to get them to price match Target as per their guarantee. But Customer Service absolutely refused to, and each person I spoke to kept giving changing reasons as to why they couldn't when i called them on their BS. Now I can return the 3DS to a store if I want to, but should I file a chargeback with my credit card company for false advertisement and see what happens?

They said you could return it, so what is your ground for a chargeback? Sounds like an invalid use to me, and your CC can probably sing your credit for a false filing. Just return it, cause you're acting like you're entitled.

[quote name='ImpurePhoen1x']So I purchased a Pikachu 3DS XL from PC Richards and tried to get them to price match Target as per their guarantee. But Customer Service absolutely refused to, and each person I spoke to kept giving changing reasons as to why they couldn't when i called them on their BS. Now I can return the 3DS to a store if I want to, but should I file a chargeback with my credit card company for false advertisement and see what happens?[/QUOTE]
Sometimes the credit card company will take the hit and give you a courtesy credit. But if they don't and forward the chargeback to the retailer, the retailer's chargeback team will just request you to return the item for a full refund.

You paid the money, you have the product in your hands, and you are fully able to return it if you desire, so... what's the problem here? It's past the week that Target even had them on sale. You have to be able to get a highly desirable limited handheld, AND it has to be $40 off MSRP?

Return it, I'm sure someone else would be thrilled to get it for only $199.99.

I don't know your credit card company, but I've never heard of a cc company issuing a full chargeback for a pricematch guarantee. I doubt you'd ever get a full refund and expect to keep the product.

If anything, they would credit you the difference to guarantee the pricematch and extract it from the retailer on the back end. I have a credit card that works like this. I'd also, probably, never buy anything from that company again for being assholes.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']return it, stop trying to get something for free because you didn't get your way[/QUOTE]

you have to go to BURGER KING to get it your way

bread's done
Back