To those affected by the technical issues on Xbox Live/UFC 141,check your emails

joker______

CAGiversary!
hey guys i don't know if i should've posted here or the deals graveyard but if its an issue mods please delete or move.

i just got an email from the xbox live team regaring the issue with 141 and i was sent an email with a free purchase of 142 and a free one month xbox live gold code.

spacer.gif
Dear Dark Knight 82:
spacer.gif
You’re receiving this note because you were one of the many fans who registered to experience UFC 141 on Xbox LIVE.
spacer.gif
First and foremost, please allow us to apologize for the technical issues that impacted your access to UFC 141 on Xbox LIVE. We remain committed to providing you with the quality experience you expect, therefore we completed a thorough investigation into the issues that prevented you from enjoying UFC 141 on Xbox LIVE, and we're confident that we've addressed the problems.
spacer.gif
We'd love it if you'd give us a second chance, and we’d like to offer you another opportunity to experience UFC on Xbox LIVE free of charge with UFC RIO: Aldo vs. Mendes on January 14th, 2012. Instructions on how to access UFC RIO on Xbox LIVE are outlined below. In addition, we’re providing all those impacted by the UFC 141 technical issues with one month of free Xbox LIVE Gold membership*. See redemption code and instructions below.
spacer.gif
As we continue to polish and refine the application, new functionality and features will be released. In the meantime, we believe we’re building the most compelling, interactive way to experience the fun and excitement of UFC in your living room, and now it is our job to prove it to you.
spacer.gif
Thank you for being a valued Xbox LIVE member.
spacer.gif
Sincerely,

The Xbox LIVE Team
spacer.gif
How to Access UFC RIO on Xbox LIVE
spacer.gif
1. Navigate to the UFC on Xbox LIVE app through the Apps Hub or Video Hub in the Xbox LIVE Dashboard. Select the UFC app tile and press A.
spacer.gif
2. From the app main page, select the UFC RIO: Aldo vs. Mendes event tile. It is the large, upper-leftmost tile. Press A. Note: It is designated as “Not available for purchase,” but this will not apply to those previewing the event by invitation.
spacer.gif
3. Select HD or SD viewing option and press A. If HD is selected, a speed test will run and confirm your option.
spacer.gif
4. Following HD/SD selection, the purchase confirmation blade will appear. The event price will display as $0.00. Select “Confirm Purchase” and press A.
spacer.gif
5. An option to share your participation in UFC RIO: Aldo vs. Mendes on Xbox LIVE with your Facebook friends will be displayed. Select “Share” or “Skip” and press A.
spacer.gif
6. To watch the event, select the UFC RIO: Aldo vs. Mendes event tile from the main page. You may watch the event live beginning at 7pm PST on January 14th, 2012, and it will also be available for unlimited replay 24 hours after the start time. If purchasing the event after the official start time of 7pm PST, you will still have 24 hours in which to utilize unlimited replay.
spacer.gif
How to Redeem One Free Month of Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Please accept this code for one free month of Xbox LIVE Gold membership with our apologies**.

code here but took it off

From your Xbox 360® console: 1. Press the silver and green Xbox® Guide button on your controller.
spacer.gif
2. Navigate to the Marketplace tab.
spacer.gif
3. Select Redeem Code and enter the code above.
spacer.gif
From Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the web: 1. Sign in to your Xbox LIVE account.
spacer.gif
2. Select Redeem Code from the My Xbox menu.
spacer.gif
3. Enter your code.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just checked, I got it also. Hopefully it works this time.[/QUOTE]

I hope so too cause that was some serious BS before. I feel bad for the ones that paid for it.

Nice i got to see the last event because i logged onto the app 4 hours before the event happened and i still get this one for free i love it!

Welp, no email for me.
I'm deleting the app I suppose. There are people out there who will have gotten 4 free events including the upcoming one and I can't watch one event?
Thanks a lot Zuffa/XBL.

[quote name='joker______']I hope so too cause that was some serious BS before. I feel bad for the ones that paid for it.[/QUOTE]

Nobody paid for it. I think 143 will be the first one that goes on sale.

Anyway, I wasn't lucky enough to get in on the last one, so no email for me. But besides the "Money" Mendes fight, it isn't the best card in the world

[quote name='KidInTheHall']Yeah I got my email on my Droid X2 as well but I have to wait till after work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got my email on my White 16gb iphone 4s. Makes no sense to put what type of phone you have lol

[quote name='supermanram']Yeah I got my email on my White 16gb iphone 4s. Makes no sense to put what type of phone you have lol[/QUOTE]

Actually I just meant to say my droid but without paying attention put the exact type.

Nice, i didn't even get a chance to watch the last one because something came up. I'll take the next one.

And thanks OP, I never check the email i used for live, i never would have known.

[quote name='joker______']I hope so too cause that was some serious BS before. I feel bad for the ones that paid for it.[/QUOTE]
I had a few buddies that came over, we finally said fuck it and bought it over PPV. 3 of us paid $20 each so it wasn't a big deal and we already knew we would get the next one free as well. My wife was the one that actually said lets pay for it, she hates gaming but digs UFC. Guess you can win them all.

[quote name='nerdtown']nice, anyone else get a free month of gold as well?[/QUOTE]

Oh shit I didn't read the email, got that too. Thanks for the heads up

*derp, or read the OP

Usually would always root for The American when they're fighting a Brazilian, but just can't do it for Anthony Johnson. Can't stand fighters who cut more than 2 weight classes just so they can beat up on little guys. Go Vitor.

[quote name='thegame956']Any body got a code they willing to trade for 2 3months gold card codes?[/QUOTE]

There is no code for the fight. The only code in the email is for 1 month of xbox live gold. If you read the OP, those affected by the fiasco last time just need to log onto the app on their Xbox and click the big box that says 'UFC Rio not available for purchase' and it takes you to the HD/SD choice screen then to the purchase (at $0.00) screen and then you're done. The main screen on the app then changes to say 'ordered' instead of the 'unavailable for purchase'
Got my email, and ordered the fight. Can't wait for saturday!

[quote name='wugenius']Those who didn't get the e-mail but ordered 141, did you try the steps posted above to see if it will work?[/QUOTE]

What steps? I tried to see the last fight but couldn't of course and haven't received this email. Bah, might bother CS later in the week.

[quote name='abhinav']What steps? I tried to see the last fight but couldn't of course and haven't received this email. Bah, might bother CS later in the week.[/QUOTE]
Read the OP. It's right there.

[quote name='JoshTX']Usually would always root for The American when they're fighting a Brazilian, but just can't do it for Anthony Johnson. Can't stand fighters who cut more than 2 weight classes just so they can beat up on little guys. Go Vitor.[/QUOTE]

But the fight is at Middleweight. He's not at Welterweight for this fight.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']But the fight is at Middleweight. He's not at Welterweight for this fight.[/QUOTE]

And...he couldn't even make the cut to middleweight, 12 pounds off. This guy walks around well over 205, should be doing a light cut to 205, but instead he tries to cut all the way down to 170 or in this case, 185 and still failed miserably. I used to wrestle and understand the idea of cutting a little to get lean and in shape, but this guy was cutting to the point where not only was he probably doing major damage to his own body, but he's trying to fight guys almost 2 feet shorter than him just so he can beat up on them and win fights the easy way. If I were Dana I'd cut Johnson for his continued failures to make weight.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Why did this shit have to air the same time as the broncos game? I have like 24 hours to rewatch it right?[/QUOTE]

yes.

Well, I saw over at slickdeals that all you have to do is install the app and you get this for free regardless of last months problems. Its on their front page! So just watch, those of us who got shafted with the shit broadcast last month will once again have the same crap happen due to a million people clogging up the airwaves once more. Can we hope for another free show/month of gold when this app takes a crap tomorrow night too.

bread's done
Back