Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift $9.99 @ Best Buy B&M YMMV?

nintendokid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
If previously posted, kick me in the nuts. I bought it last week when I went to get MGS3 Subsistence and thought my brother might like the game. There was no security casing, no tag, no nothing. Turns out, it was only $9.99.

It's also on sale at CC this week. I think it's about the same price, give or take a few cents. It's not on the CC site though.

Cool!
I know this is suppose to be a crappy game but I loved Tokyo Extreme 0, 1, 2, 3 (even though they all felt like the same game). Too bad the printable $5 coupon for reward members expired a few weeks ago.

$9.99 here as well - I don't think it's YMMV. I'm hoping BB releases another one of those $5 off coupons with no minimum in the near future.

Yep, I picked it up for $9.99 on Friday. I was pretty surprised that it was out and at Best Buy! I was also a big fan of the series so had to pick it up, even if it's getting kind of derivative. Haven't had the time to try it out though.

I found it for $9.99 at my BB, right after seeing it at Wal-Mart for $14.88. The game isn't too bad, and it is even compatible with my GT Force Wheel. It is definitely worth the $9.99.

From what I've read around the net, this seems like it might be a decent racer for $10. I'll be near a Best Buy later today, so I'll have to get it if there's a copy there. Thanks OP!

[quote name='neocisco']It's also on sale at CC this week. I think it's about the same price, give or take a few cents. It's not on the CC site though.[/quote]

The price at CC this week is $10.49. It's normally $13.99. Just in case you can't find it at BB.:)

Thanks! I read it somewhere that this game is the Japanese version of Kaido Battle 1 (the original)...just an FYI.

I've been playing it for several days. Unlike previous TXR titles you now have to drift for points in which you can use for buying new cars. Also there is no free roaming mode, instead you drift for points during day time and race different rivals during night. You can now wager for engine parts or money for your rivals.

I'd pick this up if I could find it...anywhere! I've gone to 3 Best Buys, EBGames, Gamestop, Circuit City, Wal-Mart and NOBODY has any or has even heard of it.

"Q: Who are you and what do you do for Crave?
I am one of the two lead testers for the TXRD project.

Q: Is TXRD a translation of Kaido Battle 1, 2, or 3?
Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift is actually the original Kaido Battle.
There is a lot of confusion, even on sites that function as reference databases, as to who the developer is and who the production company is. Genki is the Japanese developer (not Sammy Studios); Sammy did originally pick up the title for US release, but dropped the title just before publication. Due to the fact that Sammy is listed as the developer on some websites and the publisher on others, people seem to think Sammy is either sitting on Kaido Battle or that it was released and they somehow missed it. Naturally it follows that people seem to assume that Crave is releasing Kaido Battle 2, which is not the case.

Q: Was anything cut? Is the intro still the same?
The intro is still exactly the same as it was in the Japanese release. All conquest mode FMV(s) are exactly the same. The only FMV that had to be rerendered was the credits. As for the cars, De Tomaso, Ford and Lotus did not license their cars for the US version. ASL, Daihatsu, Honda, Mazda, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota and Volkswagen are all there.

Q: What made Crave pick this over any of the other KB games?
Why release only the last one or two versions when you can release all three? ;-)"

Part of the stuff I found on http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=931265&topic=27728213

I picked up a copy. Fun racer, even though the controls feel a little clunky. Then again, I'm used to the easy drift of Initial D :)

I saw 3 copies of these at a Circuit City. I didn't ask the price for them though. They were with all the 9.99-14.99 games, so I'm assuming the price would fall between there.

YMMV though.

[quote name='neocisco']The price at CC this week is $10.49. It's normally $13.99. Just in case you can't find it at BB.:)[/quote]

its 10.49 this week because of the cool games deal!! so 50 cents more than best buy... lol regular is 13.99

bread's done
Back