Tom Clancy 3pack for Xbox part of the 2 for $25 deal at Bestbuy YMMV

ryoga79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Just got back from my local Best Buy (Garner NC off HWY70) and asked 2 guys in the video game department if the Tom Clancy 3pack was part of the 2 for $25 sale. Now, I did a similar move during the last 2 for $30 sale and asked the head of the videogame/dvd department and he said that SSBM was included and had to have him tell the checkout girl. Plus, the huge handwritten sign when you walk in the store today that says "ALL Greatest Hits, Plantimun Hits, and Players Choice games 2 for $25" kinda helped with the checkout girl today. The pack comes with one of those "Try Xbox Live Free" cards, so $12.50 for 2 months of Live and 3 games is a pretty damn good deal IMO. YMMV because I don't know if this is just my local BB (since my brother and myself are in that place almost 2 times or more a week) or if it's everywhere, so good luck if you're going to look for it.

In all honesty, I bought mine just for the 2 months of Live since I finally have highspeed net again and now have a checkcard. I had GR:IT before, but traded it months ago. Ah well, I'm off to finally play SVC Chaos online. ^_^

i price matched at circuit city (my best buy didnt have tom) and they let me do the tom clancy and sly 1 for $26 total with tax.

Wow, and here I thought I was going to be flamed for "ripping off Best Buy" or something. Glad that other cheapass gamers can see that it's a good deal. ^_^

Best Buy is considered to be a bunch of shitheads around here, for claiming that we are devil customers by using items for discounts that any half-assed employee could forsee being exploited over and over.

[quote name='Socheata']Would the 2 for $25 deal at Best Buy work for the GTA Double Pack for PS2?[/quote]

It shouldn't, but if the OP was able to get the Tom Clancy 3-Pack, I'm guessing there's a chance you could get it.

Eh, Rainbow Six 3 and Ghost Recon arent very good IMO, and I already have Splinter Cell, but for those of you who likes these games, you should definitely try to pull this off. Four games for $30 is a good deal. The two months of Xbox Live is the icing on the cake.

gnoirdesir.jpg

They are 3 seperate disks in one case, which I thought was weird. The "hole plug" I guess you'd call it is solid and has a 3 on it and is much taller then normal, allowing it to hold all 3 on top of each other. I'm willing to give RS3 and Splinter Cell a try, even though I already had GR:IT and got rid of it. Hell, I might just trade it since I'm already signed up for Live. I've only been playing Live for a couple of hours, and I know that sometime before this 2 month trial runs out, I'm going to buy me a starter kit, and just live with no mic for the time being. ^_^

One question I have though, if I have this 2 month trial and buy a starter kid, can I just keep the same nick or do I have to make a new one?

[quote name='bil4l']You can add the 3 or 12 month card to your existing account and it will kick in when the 2 month runs out.[/quote]

...And you keep your GamerTag.

sweeeeet! so I can pop the money on the starter kit, get Crimson Sky and a headset and keep my gamertag....niiiice. If you cancel it (say if I move and all and dont' have net for a while), is it possible if you do it say within 4 months of the 12 months card that you can reactivate and use your remaining 7-8 months? Or is a new card needed? This is my first run at Live and I've had my X-Brick since 7/03. I'm slack. >_

Does anyone know if Crimson Skies is the only game out with the Starter Kits now? or has it changed?

Yay! I just remembered that the pawn shop near my Phsycial Therapy has Top Spin/EA NCAA Football 2005 2pack for $12. Will have to pick it up tommorow.

[quote name='ryoga79']Does anyone know if Crimson Skies is the only game out with the Starter Kits now? or has it changed?

Yay! I just remembered that the pawn shop near my Phsycial Therapy has Top Spin/EA NCAA Football 2005 2pack for $12. Will have to pick it up tommorow.[/quote]

I think Mech Assault 2 has its own starter kit too.

[quote name='studioaudience'][quote name='ryoga79']Does anyone know if Crimson Skies is the only game out with the Starter Kits now? or has it changed?

Yay! I just remembered that the pawn shop near my Phsycial Therapy has Top Spin/EA NCAA Football 2005 2pack for $12. Will have to pick it up tommorow.[/quote]

I think Mech Assault 2 has its own starter kit too.[/quote]

No, there's not. There used to be one with MechAssault 1, though, I think. I think the Crimson Skies is the only 'bundle' deal, the old one used to have a demo of MechAssault and Whacked!, IIRC.. but that was in like.. '02 or '03.

They need to knock the shit off regarding putting multiple discs on one spindle. They sorely, SORELY pissed me off with the Halo 2 CE.. I wouldn't have been so mad if the game was on bottom, but nope, the game was on top, and there was already a scratch on it. Bastards trying to cut costs.. what, everyone on Live use 2 month trials? Surely they're not that hardpressed for money.

Good deal on that NCAA/Top Spin combo. Top Spin's worth that by itself.. never played NCAA, but those two games got extremely high scores, and for $12, that's a steal.

They have to override it manually. I used to work for best buy and more often then not the cashier doesn't know what she's doing. If you want them to do it talk to a store manager about it, never talk to a department senior. They will try to lie like a rug to you so you don't buy it. A manager will do it in a heartbeat, especially if you mention false advertisement.

Are the discs specially marked or anything. I might get this, but I'm going to get their original cases, etc. for each game so I'm hoping the discs are original.

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']This should work at all Best Buy/ Circuit Citys, both ads say all Platinum Hits 2 for 25/ 2 for 30.[/quote]

CC doesn't have Platinum hits 2 for 30...

And I thought CC wouldn't match special deals like this(buy one get one, etc), only prices?

[quote name='gaelan']are these three on any exclusion lists :?:

sorry i can't access eb or any other game site from work.[/quote]

Just Splinter Cell:
225490 SPLINTER CELL XB

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite'][quote name='Cpt Hooks']This should work at all Best Buy/ Circuit Citys, both ads say all Platinum Hits 2 for 25/ 2 for 30.[/quote]

And I thought CC wouldn't match special deals like this(buy one get one, etc), only prices?[/quote]

You would be wrong my friend. I just PM the Sears sale where they had R&C: UYA for 2 for 25 and got two copies of R&C: UYA.

If don't believe me all you have to do is ask the great shrike4242 to find out about PM deals because shrike does PM all the time at all of the stores that do PM.

[quote name='cdeener'][quote name='WolfPac_Ite'][quote name='Cpt Hooks']This should work at all Best Buy/ Circuit Citys, both ads say all Platinum Hits 2 for 25/ 2 for 30.[/quote]

And I thought CC wouldn't match special deals like this(buy one get one, etc), only prices?[/quote]

You would be wrong my friend. I just PM the Sears sale where they had R&C: UYA for 2 for 25 and got two copies of R&C: UYA.[/quote]

I concur on that one. They might bitch and only do the ones in the ad, like the Sears sale (which was 2 for 30, BTW), though for any PH/GH/GC games, they need to do it on any game.

Plus, since they'd be PMing down to $12.50, it's worth another $0.75 in a PM for 10% additional.

[quote name='ryoga79']Wow, and here I thought I was going to be flamed for "ripping off Best Buy" or something. Glad that other cheapass gamers can see that it's a good deal. ^_^[/quote]

you ripped off bestbuy you :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: !!!!!!

[quote name='cdeener']If don't believe me all you have to do is ask the great shrike4242 to find out about PM deals because shrike does PM all the time at all of the stores that do PM.[/quote]

Well, maybe just a few times. :rofl:

[quote name='ryoga79']Wow, and here I thought I was going to be flamed for "ripping off Best Buy" or something. Glad that other cheapass gamers can see that it's a good deal. ^_^[/quote]

Best Buy dropped the gauntlet last year, when they talked about "divorcing" their "devil customers". I just picked it up and smacked them across the face a dozen times with it, is all. :D F'em in the A.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='cdeener']
You would be wrong my friend. I just PM the Sears sale where they had R&C: UYA for 2 for 25 and got two copies of R&C: UYA.[/quote]

I concur on that one. They might bitch and only do the ones in the ad, like the Sears sale (which was 2 for 30, BTW), though for any PH/GH/GC games, they need to do it on any game.

Plus, since they'd be PMing down to $12.50, it's worth another $0.75 in a PM for 10% additional.[/quote]

Sorry about that shrike2424 but I just posted how much I paid and not what the actually deal price was.

[quote name='cdeener'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='cdeener']

Plus, since they'd be PMing down to $12.50, it's worth another $0.75 in a PM for 10% additional.[/quote]

Sorry about that shrike2424 but I just posted how much I paid and not what the actually deal price was.[/quote]

Just checking. Thought I missed a sale somewhere along the way.

I must be slipping . . . I was going to do this today at Best Buy and then that voice in my head was all "but you have sooo many games . . . you don't need this . . ."

I have Splinter Cell (which I haven't really played) and I don't need the other two. Just because its $12.50 . . .

What is the expiration date on the trial card?

March 31, 2005. Now, we talk about irony. I went and picked up that 2pack of NCAA Football 2005/TopSpin at that pawn shop yesterday (along with a Japanese Dreamcast version of Phantasy Star Online that is 99% complete for only $1), and it had an unused card in it as well. I just picked up the 3 pack for the card and could have gotten it with the games that I really wanted that I spent 50cents less on. Shoulda got it last week like I wanted. Oh well. Guess I could try out the TCOT before I try and trade it on here. But the PSO is up for grabs. ^_^

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='cdeener'][quote name='WolfPac_Ite'][quote name='Cpt Hooks']This should work at all Best Buy/ Circuit Citys, both ads say all Platinum Hits 2 for 25/ 2 for 30.[/quote]

Hmm, my CC has a big sign posted up in the customer service center that says it excludes certain things like this. I guess this still counts, as you say(Thanks fortelling me btw both of you, have been trying to find this out for a few days), maybe they were talking about buy something and get something else free.

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='cdeener'][quote name='WolfPac_Ite'][quote name='Cpt Hooks']This should work at all Best Buy/ Circuit Citys, both ads say all Platinum Hits 2 for 25/ 2 for 30.[/quote]

Hmm, my CC has a big sign posted up in the customer service center that says it excludes certain things like this. I guess this still counts, as you say(Thanks fortelling me btw both of you, have been trying to find this out for a few days), maybe they were talking about buy something and get something else free.[/quote]

If they have a sign up, that's not CC policy, that's the store making a decision at the local level. If it's an advertised price, and BB has the games you want to buy in stock, they have to honor it. I was denied the 10% PM on one pair of R&C:UYA at one CC, where three other CC's did the PM + 10%. I called the CC corp office, filed a complaint, and was told by a corp customer relations rep and the store manager of the store in question that I was 100% correct.

[/quote]
Hmm, my CC has a big sign posted up in the customer service center that says it excludes certain things like this. I guess this still counts, as you say(Thanks fortelling me btw both of you, have been trying to find this out for a few days), maybe they were talking about buy something and get something else free.[/quote]

Hey, if they have it posted then you might not be able to partake in the deal but I haven't seen anything like that at my CC.

Whoo!!! this is my 500th post!!!

I just purchased two of the Tom Clancy three packs. If you read the fine print it says the greatest hits, player's choice & platinum hits are regularly priced 19.99. If the sales rep sees this and takes it verbatim it is unlikely you'll get the TC 3-pack under the sale. That is why it is important to find a sales rep that looks friendly and might focus on specifics. I told the girl that all platinum hits were 2 for 25, she glanced at the ad and rang them up for 12.50. Good luck to all who try and congrats to all who've succeeded.

Well, I decided to pass on this deal. I actually wanted to pick up THE SIMS for my fiance with this deal, Best Buy did not have it....so I passed on trying. Not a big deal. Don't really want the 3-pack anyways. Probably would've traded them in.

Stupid me, I wanted Sonic Heroes along with the 3-pack. Of course when I got to pay for them the 2 for $25 didn't take. The guy at the register tried to convince me that it was because of Sonic! So I showed him the ad...at which point he just said that it must be the 3-pack that was causing the problem. =( Unfortunately, he also pretty clearly saw the `regularly priced $19.99" bit too. Sigh.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='WolfPac_Ite'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='cdeener'][quote name='WolfPac_Ite'][quote name='Cpt Hooks']This should work at all Best Buy/ Circuit Citys, both ads say all Platinum Hits 2 for 25/ 2 for 30.[/quote]

If they have a sign up, that's not CC policy, that's the store making a decision at the local level. If it's an advertised price, and BB has the games you want to buy in stock, they have to honor it. I was denied the 10% PM on one pair of R&C:UYA at one CC, where three other CC's did the PM + 10%. I called the CC corp office, filed a complaint, and was told by a corp customer relations rep and the store manager of the store in question that I was 100% correct.[/quote]

Well, I tried to PM this at my one and only local CC and I was denied:( They said that it doesn't count, I guess because it's covered under the excluded list as a "special". But what is even worse is that they told me they no longer PM non-advertised store prices! :(
I did not know they could make local decisions like putting up that sign with extra rules.

CC just had to go and crap on my parade. :(

Is it covered under TRU's policy to PM a special deal like this?

bread's done
Back