Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2 $49.99 @ Amazon ($10 cheaper)

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
Not sure if it's MSRP or not, but both versions are $49.99.

PS3:
http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-H..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1279830730&sr=1-1

360:
http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-H..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1279830730&sr=1-2

Exclusive Amazon F-15 Camo Pack Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order Tom Clancy's HAWX 2 and unlock Amazon exclusive content for the F-15 Eagle fighter jet. Content includes the F-15 "Silent Eagle" camouflage skin and The F-15 "Long Range Engagement" weapons pack. Promotion valid on all existing orders. Access code will be e-mailed within ten business days after the game releases. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

I enjoyed the first one. It was not a great game, but certainly enjoyable. Fans of pure simulations should be able to turn off some of the features that make it so futuristic, but it fit into the Clancy universe well.

[quote name='fldash']I never played the first but heard it was rubbish and there is already a sequel?[/QUOTE]

It was actually a very underrated game, great combat. Only problem was that it was $60 for a 5 hour campaign.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Pretty sure it's MSRP. Gamestop.com has it listed as $49.99 as well.[/QUOTE]
I also suspect that's the case as well.
o.gif

[quote name='fldash']I never played the first but heard it was rubbish and there is already a sequel?[/QUOTE]

I prefer Ace Combat, but HAWX wasn't necessarily "rubbish."

HAWX was one of those pleasant surprises when it dropped to bargain price and I nabbed it. I really enjoyed it and recommend it to any fan of Ace Combat. Hell, I like it more than most Ace Combat games.

Had a few problems though, mission design was bleh, reeked of different folks with different philosophies designing different levels, not nearly enough wild dogfights (The game's strength). The game's sole boss battle was a little cheesy and led into by an annoying, unskippable cutscene, SP-only folks were gimped for plane unlocks simply because of the amount of XP grind they couldn't do that well.

Definitely could have used some of the more fantastical elements of the Ace Combat games, if only for more creative boss battles than a ship with a fuckton of 75 dmg SAMs.

If the designers can eke out a bit more creativity and touch the game up a bit, HAWX2 will be great. Here's hoping.

I'm enjoying Hawx, it's especially good in co-op. Problem I have here is the price of the first one dropped like a stone, this has got "see you at $19.99" written all over it.

[quote name='benjamouth']I'm enjoying Hawx, it's especially good in co-op. Problem I have here is the price of the first one dropped like a stone, this has got "see you at $19.99" written all over it.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with that, besides it's a Ubisoft game so on it's own it'll hit the $19.99 within 6 months. Assassin's Creed II is already going for $19.99

I bought HAWX on clearance at Target for $7.50 and that was about what's it's worth.

HAWX was good, but I say this because I bought it for $15. I'm looking forward to the sequel but have no desire to pick it up at MSRP. If HAWX was any indicator, you'll find the sequel on discount within a few weeks of release.

I liked the first one. Paid $20 for it "new" at Gamestop and have no regrets. But I'm surprised that they're making a sequel. It really doesn't seem like it did all that well.

Didn't like the co-op of the first, just because one day a friend and I started up the co-op campaign and I was getting NONE of the story achievements. Which was weird because I was getting them the day before.

Otherwise it was a good game, but I really wouldn't recommend it for the price for $49.99. $20 - $30 is the better price point.

bread's done
Back