Tom Cruise says grew up wanting to kill Hitler

Link927

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (100%)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090118...kyrie_korea;_ylt=AoeGeCGPYtu8_vmNDlznoFWdk3QF

SEOUL (Reuters) – Tom Cruise, who fails to assassinate Adolf Hitler in his new movie "Valkyrie," said he grew up really wanting to kill the Nazi leader.
In the World War Two thriller based on a true story of the unsuccessful attempt by German soldiers to kill Hitler, Cruise plays Colonel Claus Von Stauffenberg who plants a briefcase bomb under a table at Hitler's military headquarters.
A heavy wooden table saves Hitler and Stauffenberg is executed with his co-conspirators.
"I always wanted to kill Hitler, I hated him," the Hollywood star of such major blockbusters as "Top Gun" and "Mission Impossible," told the press during a visit to Seoul to promote his latest film.
"As a child studying history and looking at documents, I wondered, why didn't someone stand up and try to stop it? When I read the script, it was entertaining and informative to know what the challenges were and what it was like to be in the environment."
Stauffenberg's legacy helped ease the burden of guilt about World War Two and the Holocaust Germans still endure. But Germans had balked at the prospect of Cruise playing Stauffenberg as they objected to the actor's ties to Scientology, the movement founded in the 1950s by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard.
Germany, which does not recognise Scientology as a religion and regards it as a cult, made it difficult for the crew to film in the Bendlerblock building and courtyard where Stauffenberg was shot dead.
"I've never heard of this story before... It turned out to be an incredible adventure, just to be there and shoot at these locations that Stauffenberg was. It was a very powerful experience and hopefully it will communicate with the audience," the actor said.
"It has certainly influenced my life, just knowing that there were people who tried to stop him (Hitler)."
Valkyrie, directed by Bryan Singer, opened in the United States on December 25 and fared better than sceptics had predicted, reaching No. 4 in the North American box office ratings for the three-day weekend starting December 26. It opens on January 22 in Seoul for the first time in Asia.

I cant even figure out anything to say to this, but, well, enjoy.

Later he learned Hitler was just suffering from a lot of bad thetans and could have been helped with e-meter therapy to become clear.

I too wanted, and still to this day wish I killed Hitler, too bad I wasn't born until 40 years after his death.

Slow news day? I mean, it's not like anything important is happening tomorrow.

I grew up wanting to be Cobra Commander; film at 11.

First time i saw that commercial i loled because of the guy's name. Bet he got teased like hell when Top Gun came out.

[quote name='mykevermin']Slow news day? I mean, it's not like anything important is happening tomorrow.

I grew up wanting to be Cobra Commander; film at 11.[/quote]

Feh. Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow ftw.:cool:

[quote name='SpazX'][the un-clever post]

Well that's funny, because I've grown up wanting to kill Tom Cruise[/QUOTE]

And there's a generation of children right now, saying the same thing.

[quote name='mykevermin']Slow news day? I mean, it's not like anything important is happening tomorrow.

You too?!?!?! I always wanted to kill Cobra Commander too!!! Holy Crap...I guess I'm not alone...

Tom Cruise is actually a really good actor. What he believes is ridiculous, but no more-so than other religious folks. Even saying "I always wanted to kill Hitler" isn't that ridiculous of a statement, it's just stated poorly.

What I hate him for is having a Katie Holmes.. I want a Katie Holmes.

[quote name='zionoverfire']So did Einstein, except he succeeded.[/quote]

You know....In a round about way....thats true. I have never thought about it before.

I like to see a 3D fighting game though....Einstein vs. Hitler. That would be awesome!

It's a tossup between wanting to be Cobra Commander, Megatron, or the Shredder.

Lets be honest, these are tough, life-altering choices.

The movie Valkyrie was terrible. Tom cruise does not pass for a German at all. And all the "action sequences" are all in the 30 sec trailer. And *spoiler warning* guess what they didn't kill Hitler. I should of seen Marley & Me. Were is the movies you saw that did suck thread?

I also heard Tom Cruise wanted to grow up and be a good actor one day as well.

Looks like he failed at both his ambitions...

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']5 years ago, yes.

Today, really?[/QUOTE]

She's only 30.. I haven't really seen recent pics/vids of her, but I can't imagine her being significantly less cute at 30.

[quote name='ddrlenz']I also heard Tom Cruise wanted to grow up and be a good actor one day as well.

Looks like he failed at both his ambitions...[/QUOTE]

article-0-0253B5E500000578-28_468x389.jpg

Hate him if you want, that's cool, but he's seriously a pretty damn talented actor

[quote name='Koggit']She's only 30.. I haven't really seen recent pics/vids of her, but I can't imagine her being significantly less cute at 30.

article-0-0253B5E500000578-28_468x389.jpg

Hate him if you want, that's cool, but he's seriously a pretty damn talented actor[/quote]

yeah that was halarious

[quote name='mykevermin']I grew up wanting to be Cobra Commander; film at 11.[/quote]
I'm just glad I'm not the only person that wanted that.

bread's done
Back