Tomb Raider Legends (360) $29.99 at Bestbuy.com

Nice price on this game, For 30 dollars anyone who hasn't played it yet should pick it up.

[quote name='tenzor']Nice price on this game, For 30 dollars, anyone who hasn't played it yet should pick it up.[/quote]

QFT. A good pick up at $30. If you are itching to play it just get it now before it gets lost in the holiday releases. I still think it would be a fantastic buy at $20 but for $30 it's pretty solid too.

I combined this with the current online promotion with the Madden 07 preorder. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat98700050002

If you preorder Madden 07, you can get $10 off any game $29.99 or more. This made Tomb Raider $19.99. I plan on either canceling the preorder, or just price matching it to whomever has it lowest next week.

I did in-store pickup, so I'm off to pick up Tomb Raider over lunch.

The offer is online only, but in-store pickup is available for most stores.

Thanks! Picked one up. I hear good things about this game, though I don't know how I'll get Dead Rising out of my 360 to get to it.

[quote name='Scorch']C'mon, only $10 to go..[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

If Ridge Racer 6 can do it, so can TR! Tomb Raider is a good game, but I've already played it through, but at $20 I'd pick it up for good. This could be universal too, IIRC Best Buy was a day or two early on Ridge Racer 6 as well.

If only Hitman would drop already.

That's damn tempting, but too busy with Chromehounds and Dead Rising and not to mentioned others that I have yet to play or play more of.

Hope Hitman follows shortly.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
Hope Hitman follows shortly.[/QUOTE]

This and Need for Speed: Most Wanted are what I'm waiting on.

Well I already beat it and earned all the achievements and I would buy it at that price. I put all of my check away towards my Wii so I have to pass this week. But if its the same price when I go to get Saint's Row at BB then I will pick it up.

what's this about the madden pre-order? Could i do it, go pick up tomb raider, then cancel the Madden pre-order?

[quote name='Apossum']what's this about the madden pre-order? Could i do it, go pick up tomb raider, then cancel the Madden pre-order?[/QUOTE]

It's something online... here's the details.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat98700050002

Yea, if you can do it, then cancel Madden and keep Tomb Raider for $19.99, I'd be in for one no doubt. I'm not really sure how it would work, to be honest, since I've never placed a preorder online.

Pretty sure you can't GGC on something that's already been couponed (I think if you use the online coupon you purchase it online , so there wouldn't be a chance to GGC?)

Newb question: do GGCs work on 360 games?

[quote name='getmyrunon']Pretty sure you can't GGC on something that's already been couponed (I think if you use the online coupon you purchase it online , so there wouldn't be a chance to GGC?)

Newb question: do GGCs work on 360 games?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do.

And you're right about GGC's not working, because the only way you can get the $10 off is ordering it online for in-store pickup, and GGC's don't work online.

I can CONFIRM that it's same price in stores.
I walked into work today to see the price at $29.99 and was pretty surprised.

Again, I can confirm that Tomb Raider on the 360 is $29.99 in stores.

Is there a stand alone GGC or does the xbox GGC work with 360 titles? The only GGC i see bestbuy here carries is the sony ones and the xbox1 ones.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']I can CONFIRM that it's same price in stores.

Again, I can confirm that Tomb Raider on the 360 is $29.99 in stores.[/QUOTE]
Well I am going to get this tomorrow. Thanks for the confirmation.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, if you can do it, then cancel Madden and keep Tomb Raider for $19.99, I'd be in for one no doubt. I'm not really sure how it would work, to be honest, since I've never placed a preorder online.[/QUOTE]

My receipt from the instore pickup shows the following:

Tomb Raider: Legend $19.99
Tax $1.70
Total $21.69

I've never done a Best Buy online preorder before, but from the website, it sounds like you don't get billed until the game is in stock. If an online order for instore pickup isn't picked up within 8 days, they automatically cancel your order and refund your money. So it sounds like you can wait for them to automatically refund your money 8 days after they get it in stock, cancel it via the web or phone, or pick it up and immediately return it. (I couldn't find any way to cancel the preorder in-store before the release date.)

Like so many other Best Buy deals, it's a package promotion. When returning just parts of the package, you run the risk of being forced to repay part of the discount (eg. they could have charged $29.99 for Tomb Raider and taken $10 off Madden.) But in this case, it looks like they are charging full price for Madden and taking the full $10 off the other game, so it really is just $10 off any $29.99 and up game.

Again - I've never done it before, so it's possible there may be a snag. YMMV and all that jazz.

[quote name='javeryh']QFT. A good pick up at $30. If you are itching to play it just get it now before it gets lost in the holiday releases. I still think it would be a fantastic buy at $20 but for $30 it's pretty solid too.[/quote]

Ditto. I kinda liked the demo. I haven't played much TR since TR2.

Maybe I'm gonna buy it for $20... or less :whistle2:#.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']I can CONFIRM that it's same price in stores.

Again, I can confirm that Tomb Raider on the 360 is $29.99 in stores.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow. It's been awhile since I used the GGC :)

[quote name='Damanthia']My receipt from the instore pickup shows the following:

Tomb Raider: Legend $19.99
Tax $1.70
Total $21.69

I've never done a Best Buy online preorder before, but from the website, it sounds like you don't get billed until the game is in stock. If an online order for instore pickup isn't picked up within 8 days, they automatically cancel your order and refund your money. So it sounds like you can wait for them to automatically refund your money 8 days after they get it in stock, cancel it via the web or phone, or pick it up and immediately return it. (I couldn't find any way to cancel the preorder in-store before the release date.)

Like so many other Best Buy deals, it's a package promotion. When returning just parts of the package, you run the risk of being forced to repay part of the discount (eg. they could have charged $29.99 for Tomb Raider and taken $10 off Madden.) But in this case, it looks like they are charging full price for Madden and taking the full $10 off the other game, so it really is just $10 off any $29.99 and up game.

Again - I've never done it before, so it's possible there may be a snag. YMMV and all that jazz.[/QUOTE]

The package promotion usually applies if a discount is taken off of both games... you're paying full price for Madden, so if you just returned Madden I don't see how they would stop that.

I think if you call the 1-800 # on Best Buy's website, you can get them to cancel in-store pickups... I've had to do it once or twice. I say call the 1-800 #, see if you can get it cancelled.

i wonder if that BB $10 off any game $29.99 and up coupon would work...they had it posted on CAG a while back but im not sure if it was fake or not?

[quote name='animemaniac14']i wonder if that BB $10 off any game $29.99 and up coupon would work...they had it posted on CAG a while back but im not sure if it was fake or not?[/QUOTE]
it was real but the one you see now are fake with a photoshop date.

[quote name='dios']Is there a stand alone GGC or does the xbox GGC work with 360 titles? The only GGC i see bestbuy here carries is the sony ones and the xbox1 ones.[/QUOTE]
There's a new standalone GGC out there. The CD case has a blue cover. Works on any game software/accessory $19.99 and up.

[quote name='SpyderGT']There's a new standalone GGC out there. The CD case has a blue cover. Works on any game software/accessory $19.99 and up.[/QUOTE]

yep. thats why i bought 8 of them when i saw them. I keep goin back for more too.

Too many games... must resist purchasing urge... argh!

I think coming here to CAG has made me spend 100s more than I would have this year if I had just been oblivious to deals and sales. Especially that dang CC sale, I haven't even popped in the ten+ games I bought for myself that week.

[quote name='s3v3n777']yep. thats why i bought 8 of them when i saw them. I keep goin back for more too.[/QUOTE]
Haha, me too. I've been stocking up on the things. I use up the actual gift cards as soon as possible, but save the $5 coupons for later.

Just FYI, if you go back and cancel your Madden preorder, they go back and charge your cc the full 29.99.

[quote name='SpyderGT']Haha, me too. I've been stocking up on the things. I use up the actual gift cards as soon as possible, but save the $5 coupons for later.[/quote]

I finally found some. I only bought two and used one for Tomb Raider... I am thinking about going back and getting more though. I would hate to go back and find the pile already gone.

Well, I ended up picking up a copy of Tomb Rader and Far Cry for $25 each. I also picked up two extra GGCs for later ;) Oh, and I bought the Maggie head Simpson Season 8, hehe.

Cool, I recently played the demo and the game seems pretty sweet. Nice price for a 360 game. I am starting to like Best Buy for bringing the price down on Xbox 360 titles, this is great... at Best Buy for $59.98 I can get this and FCI...

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']Cool, I recently played the demo and the game seems pretty sweet. Nice price for a 360 game. I am starting to like Best Buy for bringing the price down on Xbox 360 titles, this is great... at Best Buy for $59.98 I can get this and FCI...[/QUOTE]
$49.98 with GGCs ;)

The 360 version of this game also has a $5.00 pricegrabber rebate as well. Thus you can get it for $19.99 after coupon and rebate. :)

bread's done
Back