Tomb Raider (PS3 and 360) $19.99, WoW: Panderia $19.99, Dead Island Riptide (PS3 and 360)$27.99, SC II $19.99 at Best Buy

Ah well, you know what? Snooze you lose. I should've ordered it, but I have the 360 version, so not worried about it. It's hard playing my 360 anymore though, especially after being so aggravated at MS over the whole XBO debacle.

Ah well, you know what? Snooze you lose. I should've ordered it, but I have the 360 version, so not worried about it. It's hard playing my 360 anymore though, especially after being so aggravated at MS over the whole XBO debacle.
That is why my 360 is packed away neatly in a tote under the bed.

dont understand why it shows up 29.99 online when the circular supposedly mentions 19.99???
somebody can go check but according to the Best Buy weekly ad thread, there is no mention of Tomb Raider being on sale so I don't think you will be able to PM to the circular ad since it does not exist.

Maybe they were supposed to drop the used version down to 17.99 and instead dropped the new one by mistake... And the new copies were 19.99 and they overcorrected?

Last edited by a moderator:

That is why my 360 is packed away neatly in a tote under the bed.

hah so im not the only one writing off MS? I used to prefer the 360 to PS3. I enjoyed gamerscore a lot more than trophies, most games looked and ran better on the 360, I didn't have to worry about only playing on 2 systems (i have several in the house), and I didn't have to install my games all the time.But after MS's total crash and burn at E3 and that terrible pre-E3 debacle i just dont want to touch my 360. Its weird.

Maybe its knowing htat i wont be getting an XBONE so i dont really care about the gamerscore anymore. Maybe im just pissed at their policies so im doing a mental boycot. Whatever the reason i havent used my 360 more than once or twice since E3.

Sorry, collector in me can't sell it. :p

Which is why it is packed away and not traded in to GS when the credit was too good.
my man! hah i still have all my systems back to the NES. I try to buy an extra system near the end of the life cycle a a backup because it would suck years down the road not being able to play the library of games.

I just loaded the page back up and the 360 version says $20. I just went to target and PM got the steelbook for $1. I've been flipping these to BB but if somebody wants the steelbook copy PM me.

Maybe they were supposed to drop the used version down to 17.99 and instead dropped the new one by mistake... And the new copies were 19.99 and they overcorrected?
that seems like the most plausible explanation. I can't remember the last time Best Buy had a weekly sale and then pulled the price within the same day. For the record I think tomb raider is the game of the year. Already finished Bioshock infinite and the Last of Us.

I just loaded the page back up and the 360 version says $20. I just went to target and PM got the steelbook for $1. I've been flipping these to BB but if somebody wants the steelbook copy PM me.
yup.. right price now.. thanks

jesus.. every time i try to check out on bb.com with my giftcard, i get a damn error and cant place order

edit- had to order from mobile site to apply my gc

Thanks OP! I saw the Tomb Raider deal this morning before church. We went to Best Buy after church and realized that the price had been changed to $19.99. I was bummed that I missed the deal, but I didn't want to head home empty handed, so I decided to pick it up anyway. I just checked this thread and saw that the price had dropped again, so I called the store and got the price adjustment. Thanks to MSN1983 for the price update.

Went in to Best Buy today and price matched the deal w/ Toys R Us deal of 3 for $30.  They matched it no problem and I also used a $25 e-gift card from Viggle.  Total cost for Tomb Raider, Defiance, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 on PS3 was $7.07 out of pocket. Can't beat that.

APDPJXB.jpg

Got Injustice and Tomb Raider 26 something out of pocket at Target.

The price was showing $29.99 when I was at Target so I PMd there. They about flipped out when the price went to $11 but they very reluctantly let it go. Had it been $1 or less I have a gut feeling they wouldn't have let. I had a bunch if other stuff but they insisted I pay for the game separate.

No go for me. He told me I would have to price match at the front desk. I was told there by THE Store Manager that I couldn't combine the offer. He would do one or the other. Nice guy, but he would not budge on the policy. I wasn't going to argue with the main manager. I was hoping just to convince some teenager in electronics to do it.

I went to target, got tomb raider, had it price matched. Had a reservation card. Did it the exact same way I have always done it. The discount didn't come off. Instead of taking it off the transaction, I walked outside then walked back in and returned it. I don't know why it didn't work. Oh well.

Pretty sure he price matched Amazon.
Thank you.

I went ahead and ordered a new copy of TR through BB for instore pickup using PayPal so I could burn some credit. I plan to go to Target tomorrow and hopefully PM TR to BB and Injustice to Amazon and out the door but if it fails I will go grab BB copy bc it cost me $13 oop.

Thank you.

I went ahead and ordered a new copy of TR through BB for instore pickup using PayPal so I could burn some credit. I plan to go to Target tomorrow and hopefully PM TR to BB and Injustice to Amazon and out the door but if it fails I will go grab BB copy bc it cost me $13 oop.
Thinking about Injustice -- but then I KNOW there will be a "Komplete" Edition of that game with all DLCs on disc so wondering whether to just wait ...

I went to target, got tomb raider, had it price matched. Had a reservation card. Did it the exact same way I have always done it. The discount didn't come off. Instead of taking it off the transaction, I walked outside then walked back in and returned it. I don't know why it didn't work. Oh well.
Happened to me and a couple of others, I think they updated some stores' systems. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Thinking about Injustice -- but then I KNOW there will be a "Komplete" Edition of that game with all DLCs on disc so wondering whether to just wait ...
If you want to play it competitively, buy it ASAP.

If you want to play it semi-seriously against other people, buy it ASAP.

If you want to play only the singleplayer content, you can wait.

I went to work early to grab Tomb raider and attempt to pm/promo, and there were only a few copies left. Found the last steel book copy hiding in the back. When I went to PM the 29.99 price, I saw that the price had dropped to 19.99. They pm'd and I threw my pre order card in with my lunch. Total was $1+tax.

I tried to do the same thing as everyone else and they would only do one or the other as well. However out of principle I actually did fight for it and had to call customer relations. After being disconnected from India I have to assume, I made the customer service main guy call and talk to them. Of course by that time the offices were closed but not after finding out that they have a certain code that will combine the two deals. So if anyone has that code then please share. I'm calling again tomorrow when they open to find out what it is. I'm sure if I sound annoyed and aggravated they'll just say sorry a lot and tell me what it is.

Picked up Tomb Raider this morning for in-store pick up when they had it priced new for $17.99. Also picked up a used copy for $16.19 as part of the buy 2 get 1 free Best Buy offer. Tomb Raider doesn't require a pass or code to play online, so no worry about that aspect when buying used.

I tried to do the same thing as everyone else and they would only do one or the other as well. However out of principle I actually did fight for it and had to call customer relations. After being disconnected from India I have to assume, I made the customer service main guy call and talk to them. Of course by that time the offices were closed but not after finding out that they have a certain code that will combine the two deals. So if anyone has that code then please share. I'm calling again tomorrow when they open to find out what it is. I'm sure if I sound annoyed and aggravated they'll just say sorry a lot and tell me what it is.
Come on dude, it's not that serious. Do you want to ruin this for everyone in the future?

Managed to get Tomb Raider (360) price matched and $20 off with the reservation card. Should of just turned around and tried to get a PS3 copy but I didn't wanna push it since the ladies at CS were so nice. However, I'm gonna try again later this week to get the PS3 version. The steel book is really nice.

bread's done
Back