Tonight is the night - YOU DOWN FOR SFII?

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']YES!!!! I spent 3 hours and 69 matches... but I finally beat arcade mode on frickin 0 star difficulty. I can now go to sleep happy. My thumb is gonna hurt like a bitch in the morning....[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I don't have the patience to beat the damn arcade mode, even on 0 difficulty. I've tried many times, but I can't willingly subject myself to the incredible infrustration and time consumption it will take to beat it.

I knew I wasn't that great at fighters, but this arcade mode is kicking my ass in more ways than I can count. I have an easier time beating all the cheap bastards on Live.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Who the hell leaves feedback against someone because they weren't as good as them on a certain game? If he trash-talked or something it'd be different, but it's pathetic to sink to that kind of level. tisk tisk.[/QUOTE]

Second'd. As we played in NHL2k6 I was telling you about all the people who would leave me negative feedback just because I beat them (sometimes my mic was off, and I would rarely trash talk, just a laugh here and there) same happended in Top Spin 2, and I'm sure It's bound to happen here to.

[quote name='captainfrizo']:applause:

I don't have the patience to beat the damn arcade mode, even on 0 difficulty. I've tried many times, but I can't willingly subject myself to the incredible infrustration and time consumption it will take to beat it.

I knew I wasn't that great at fighters, but this arcade mode is kicking my ass in more ways than I can count. I have an easier time beating all the cheap bastards on Live.[/quote]

just use a cheap character like bison or honda and u shouldnt get to fustrated .

Yeah, the ending animation reminded me of the Neo vs. Agent Smith fight... after throwing the final blows, both characters fly apart from one another. Pretty sweet.

[quote name='Swift900']Just curious, how many of you guys have had a double K.O.?

I had my first last night playing as Ryu against Ken... intensity.[/QUOTE]

amazingly I've had about 4 or 5 Double KOs.The best so far was the one with Chacrana since we were just talking in the middle of the fight and we didn't realize exactly what happened until the icon came up on the screen :lol:

For anyone having trouble with E Honda spammers. If you get cornered while an E Honda player who spams the slap attack there is an opening everytime he gets pushed back while you are blocking. You can execute whatever move you think will get you out of the corner. I usually just jump kick them (the jump kick jumps over the next volley of slaps).

Well, I finally decided to buy this. I really wish I had been into Street Fighter instead of Mortal Kombat back in the day, because I blow at this game. It reminds me why I hate fighters with projectile attacks/super moves - too much jumping/blocking. Oh well, I'll just have to get better I suppose.

I know MS does the whole Game with Fame thing, but guess who I ran into playing Street Fighter II' earlier today?

RyuvsParis.jpg

^^^Boo. Finish her!

Re: Double K.O.s....I've actually had several lately, probably half a dozen since Friday. I rarely got them "back in the day," but I think it's just a coincidence.

[quote name='KaneRobot']^^^Boo. Finish her!

Re: Double K.O.s....I've actually had several lately, probably half a dozen since Friday. I rarely got them "back in the day," but I think it's just a coincidence.[/QUOTE]

By the way, I saw you in a Player Match earlier this evening.

Anyone that plays this fairly frequently feel free to add me to your list so we can play. This game brings back the warm fuzzies / redfaced cursing I remember so well back when arcades were fun to go to...

... anyone else fairly disappointed that you can't actually WATCH the match that's going on in quarters mode? Why in the world would I like to browse people's gamertags instead of watching the fight? Really? Did Capcom try to recreate an arcade experience where the people play behind a curtain?

[quote name='WildWop']... anyone else fairly disappointed that you can't actually WATCH the match that's going on in quarters mode? Why in the world would I like to browse people's gamertags instead of watching the fight? Really? Did Capcom try to recreate an arcade experience where the people play behind a curtain?[/QUOTE]

i only tried quarter match once, but i was able to watch matches i wasn't involved in. just not the one that was already happening when i connected.

it's on a smaller screen though, which is weird.

[quote name='WildWop']... anyone else fairly disappointed that you can't actually WATCH the match that's going on in quarters mode? Why in the world would I like to browse people's gamertags instead of watching the fight? Really? Did Capcom try to recreate an arcade experience where the people play behind a curtain?[/quote]
Funny, it seemed to work for me. Maybe it's dependant on the number of people or the speed of the connection? :whistle2:k

[quote name='WildWop']
... anyone else fairly disappointed that you can't actually WATCH the match that's going on in quarters mode? Why in the world would I like to browse people's gamertags instead of watching the fight? Really? Did Capcom try to recreate an arcade experience where the people play behind a curtain?[/QUOTE]

There must've been something wrong, as you can watch the people play.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Guys keep your ears tuned... there's a strong possability of a CAG SFII tourney going down with nice prizes and such.[/QUOTE]

Nice prizes? We were going through shit in our closets trying to find something. :lol:

But in all seriousness, we were discussing fairly legit prizes for any tournament that may or may not happen.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Guys keep your ears tuned... there's a strong possability of a CAG SFII tourney going down with nice prizes and such.[/quote]Sign me up:bouncy:

Well, Online I'm doing fairly well with Dhalsim. Just got the 30 win achievement. The single character I always struggle against is Ken, they just corner me then do kick attacks and I'm dead before I know it. Any tips on how to counter that?

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Well, Online I'm doing fairly well with Dhalsim. Just got the 30 win achievement. The single character I always struggle against is Ken, they just corner me then do kick attacks and I'm dead before I know it. Any tips on how to counter that?[/QUOTE]

Fight back...lol

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Well, Online I'm doing fairly well with Dhalsim. Just got the 30 win achievement. The single character I always struggle against is Ken, they just corner me then do kick attacks and I'm dead before I know it. Any tips on how to counter that?[/QUOTE]

Get adjusted to block high-then-low really quick... a lot of the shoto users will do a jump-fierce low-fierce combo and if you can't block both you're in trouble against either Ken or Ryu.

I don't personally use Dhalsim very much, but try jumping straight up (no forwards or backwards movement) and timing a kick to counter their jump-in. It works well enough for me, but that could just be because I use Ryu or Ken when the other guy picks a shoto.

[quote name='WildWop']Get adjusted to block high-then-low really quick... a lot of the shoto users will do a jump-fierce low-fierce combo and if you can't block both you're in trouble against either Ken or Ryu.

I don't personally use Dhalsim very much, but try jumping straight up (no forwards or backwards movement) and timing a kick to counter their jump-in. It works well enough for me, but that could just be because I use Ryu or Ken when the other guy picks a shoto.[/quote]

Hmm Thanks I think I'll try that next time I run into a Ken... I don't have a problem with Ryu, probably because all the Ryu players I've run into just spam hadoken and the spinning kick thing all day, and I have no problem taking care of them.

[quote name='Scorch']Maaaaaaan, I beat the holy crap out of Cheapy and Shipwreck last night..[/quote]

I can't even remember who was winning, so I guess I'll assume you are correct.

bread's done
Back