Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 N64 Brand New at Walmart?

crazynater

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
This is so obscure, I wasn't too sure where to post this. I found 17 brand new copies of THPS3 for the N64 on the Walmart bargain shelves. This Walmart is going through a remodeling process, so they may have stumbled upon a forgotten box that fell behind something else. Anyway, it's a unique find and I felt like sharing.

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

Yeah, it's definitely stock that they had in the back that they just now discovered. There's one store in the area is selling WCW/NWO Revenge new for $20, which I'm guessing they found during inventory check since the store is getting ready to close.

My friend in Rock Springs Wyoming told me a few weeks ago that his Walmart had these in stock as well. I am guessing these didn't sell well at all. They came out in the fall of 2002 when the N64 was pretty much dead.

I got this at Gamestop in 2003, brand new, for 9.99. I LOLed when I saw a stand advertising it in an EBgames in 2002. "N64 owners, we didn't forget about you!" Who the fuck was gonna buy it?

The wal-mart back at home my town had a ton of copies for the longest time, then they all just where gone.

17 copies? that's nothing. i saw over 100 copies of PS1 Star Wars Dark Forces Greatest Hits at a Wal-Mart yesterday, all marked down to $1. no pictures b/c my cell phone takes crappy pics and i don't carry a camera with me. also in the mix, though only 1 or 2 of each, Stuart Little, Madden 05 and Fifa 05.

The Super Walmart 17 minutes away from me had the exact same display, except there were copies of "NFL Gameday" and "Tennis" for PSOne instead.

See, the sad part is... for $5 or under, I'd buy one for the sheer ridiculousness of it.

Like last December, when the Amazon DOTD was Tomb Raider Wii and I needed $5 more for the shipping.... seemed like a fine idea to buy their last copy of WWF Attitude for the Dreamcast. I love doing crap like that. I always wondered if the warehouse person who grabbed everything just went 'you've gotta be shitting me'. :D

That's like at my Walmart. About two months ago I was looking through the Star Wars figures and found numerous older figures, the oldest being a Power of the Force Dengar bounty hunter from 1997. Then an Episode I "Commtech" Qui-Gon Jin figure from 1999. There were also some '04 figures, Jan Dodonna, Cloud Car Pilot and Skiff Guard Lando Calrissian.

All rang up $1. Of course I bought them.

I bet you can go to every Wal-Mart in the country and find some old overpriced shit lying around somewhere.

bread's done
Back