Too Interesting

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']that's not right on the parent's behalf to keep that poor kid alive[/quote]

I don't mean to be harsh, but that is true. She will go through so much crap and probably kill herself anyways. They should end her suffering.

[quote name='Moxio']Oh man that must suck! I feel really sorry for her. :([/quote]

What he said and just the thought of it makes your stomach quesy. I hate to agree but the horse sort of has a point.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']that's not right on the parent's behalf to keep that poor kid alive[/quote]

I take it you are not a parent.

[quote name='hero101']Can't she go through reconstruction surgury and look like one of those girls from "The Swan"?[/quote]

second'd ...i hope theres a way for the girl 2 get fixed up u kno :(

**edit** i seriously cudnt finish watching the video..i feel so bad for that girl :\..i gotta agree with u Zenithian Legend ..putting her out of her misery wud be the best thing, i kno it sounds harsh and it really hurts 2 say that..but being fed thru tubes, and having tubes put in u 2 be able 2 breath is not the way 2 live :(

[quote name='greydemise'][quote name='hero101']Can't she go through reconstruction surgury and look like one of those girls from "The Swan"?[/quote]

second'd ...i hope theres a way for the girl 2 get fixed up u kno :([/quote]

Story says that she has constant surgeries and that the doctors take a mold of her face before each one to 'try to figure out what to do next"

may not look like a swan but is alive.

Looking at the pic it seemed like her face had no skin (looked red), maybe you should add that so people know. What she looks like isn't exactly the image you get of someone with no face. Though you can't kill someone who is otherwise normal. I know in some countries (not sure about ours) many doctors will allow the baby to die, or cause the baby to die, if there it will likely die anyway or live with extreme pain. A parent who has a mentally competent child (assuming she is) and, outside of the face, an otherwise normal child would never agree to that, and almost no doctor would ever agree to that. In a way though I kind of hope she is retarded or something. Assuming they can't give her a somewhat normal face, she will likely live a very lonely and ridiculed life. It may be best if she has mental problems, that way she wouldn't fully comprehend everything and wouldn't understand the difference between her life and others as well. I hope there are at least plenty of family. That way, assuming she does not live a normal life, she will have someone when her parents die.

I hope she survives her childhood and through her teenage years. In maybe 20 years some scientists and doctors will hopefully be able to fully reconstruct her face with more advanced technologies. I look forward to watch her on the news years from now.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']that's not right on the parent's behalf to keep that poor kid alive[/quote]

I don't mean to be harsh, but that is true. She will go through so much crap and probably kill herself anyways. They should end her suffering.[/quote]

Well I'm glad someone pointed that out, I also thought that but I didn't have the guts to post it.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']that's not right on the parent's behalf to keep that poor kid alive[/quote]

I don't mean to be harsh, but that is true. She will go through so much crap and probably kill herself anyways. They should end her suffering.[/quote]

Well I'm glad someone pointed that out, I also thought that but I didn't have the guts to post it.[/quote]

Unfortunately you won't get anywhere with that attitude in America. Most christians believe all lives, no matter how painful, pitiful, or sorry, MUST be lived out to a "natural" death (natural meaning hooked up to every life-supporting machine ever created). Since the biggest, most fanatical christians of them all rule the white house AND congress, this poor girl will need to suffer 20-odd years before a horrible death.

I was a little freaked out at first, but I felt so guilty/bad after reading the article. I really hope they find some way to reconstruct her face. I don't mean to be mean at all, but this sorta reminded me of Tom Cruise from Vanilla Sky with his mask after the "accident". I guess if they can't do reconstruction surgery for her they could get her one so she wouldn't be stared at as much for when she's older.

[quote name='camoor']this poor girl will need to suffer 20-odd years before a horrible death.[/quote]

And, if that is true, can you say with certainty that her 20 will be worse than the 70 to 100 that some of us will have to "suffer". I can't say she'll have a happy life, but I sure as hell don't think it is up to any of us to take the chance away from her. Just because someone can't look normal, doesn't mean they should be killed.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='camoor']this poor girl will need to suffer 20-odd years before a horrible death.[/quote]

And, if that is true, can you say with certainty that her 20 will be worse than the 70 to 100 that some of us will have to "suffer". I can't say she'll have a happy life, but I sure as hell don't think it is up to any of us to take the chance away from her. Just because someone can't look normal, doesn't mean they should be killed.[/quote]

Exactly what I'm talking about.

Did you even read it? She eats from a tube to her stomach.

There's "looking normal" and then there's "being afforded a modicum of human dignity". We wouldn't be killing her, we would just be not hooking her up to bizzarre "life-supporting" (I use the term life loosely) contraptions that continue her misery and suffering.

We're not talking about a cleft lip here...

I own a bevy of skateboard videos which showcase the sickest spills you've ever seen. I've gone to backyard wrestling matches and thrown in thumbtacked Louisville Sluggers. I couldn't stop laughing at that bike bully video. I take delight in the suffering of others.

But this is just too much. At least the people at whom I chuckle deserve their pain for whatever reasons (usually for being a skater or a white guy with dreadlocks). When someone is born into a horrendous deformity, that's a big F-U from the Man Upstairs.

i feel bad for that kid and that family.

i dont believe this kid should not be allowed to live. The only thing wrong with the kid is her face. But i do believe she'll have a very hard life.

i seriously believe that within 5-10 years, and possibly a lot less, they could have her looking close to normal.

She's missing like 40% of her facial bones. The only thing she really needs to look normal would be that 40% of the bones. With some plastic surgery i'm sure by the time she's a teenager, she could be looking normal.

[quote name='Cracka']i dont believe this kid should not be allowed to live. The only thing wrong with the kid is her face. But i do believe she'll have a very hard life.[/quote]

Juliana has to eat through her stomach, and she has a trach to breathe. Already, less than two years into her life, she's had 14 surgeries. Doctors say she could need at least 30 more.

She's got alot more problems then the face. No one's saying she shouldn't be allowed to live. Some are just saying she shouldn't be forced to be hooked up to bizarre machines that force her through a living hell. She wouldn't be alive otherwise...

You know... I spent some time reading the rest of the related articles on that little girl... Doctors are optimistic that she'll be able to breathe, eat, and talk by herself soon after some more surgeries. And the more recent pictures of her show good improvement. I mean, I know its going to be a couple of really tough first years for her, but its not worth killing her for it.

I'm really touched by the amount of support they've gotten, though. Thousands of letters from around the world, thousands of dollars in donations and stuff like that. Whats really sad to me is for every person that tries to help them, there will probably be five more that shuns that little girl just because of her looks.

I'm shocked that the first thing that comes out of some people mouths here is that they should put this little girl "out of her misery". Did YOU see the video? The girl seems to be surrounded by loving, supportive family. She can't eat and breath normally because of her facial problems... if they fix that there is not telling what can happen. What is life without adversity? How will you know what can happen if you stop it before anything can happen? I mean really, how fucked up is your world view that you see something like this and say that she should be killed?

It's not greedy to want your child to live, and to try to give them the greatest possibilities you can give them.

[quote name='pumbaa']I'm shocked that the first thing that comes out of some people mouths here is that they should put this little girl "out of her misery". Did YOU see the video? The girl seems to be surrounded by loving, supportive family. She can't eat and breath normally because of her facial problems... if they fix that there is not telling what can happen. What is life without adversity? How will you know what can happen if you stop it before anything can happen? I mean really, how shaq-fued up is your world view that you see something like this and say that she should be killed?

It's not greedy to want your child to live, and to try to give them the greatest possibilities you can give them.[/quote]

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. :applause:

[quote name='Greetard'][quote name='pumbaa']I'm shocked that the first thing that comes out of some people mouths here is that they should put this little girl "out of her misery". Did YOU see the video? The girl seems to be surrounded by loving, supportive family. She can't eat and breath normally because of her facial problems... if they fix that there is not telling what can happen. What is life without adversity? How will you know what can happen if you stop it before anything can happen? I mean really, how shaq-fued up is your world view that you see something like this and say that she should be killed?

It's not greedy to want your child to live, and to try to give them the greatest possibilities you can give them.[/quote]

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. :applause:[/quote]

Thanks for giving me hope that not everyone on here is an ass

bread's done
Back