Too many people in San Francisco.

CounterSeal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I arrive at Gamestop today at 8am, and there were already 25+ people in line. First 15 people got the PS3 pre-orders. I am pissed as hell. Seems like people in smaller towns got their pre-ordered in easily...

And these are the trade-offs for living in a 'real city' versus a small town that John Mellencamp would feel at home in. Hell, or even versus a 'merely' average-sized city like mine. You guys get all the cool concerts and events, we get the short preorder lines.

you're ranting coz there's too many people in the Bay Area or you couldn't get a Pre-order on a PS3?

have you considered how expensive is to live here?

I was on the bus this morning and I saw a line near gamestop in Berkeley. It was about 15 people long. The funny part is- I heard gamestop is only getting 8 consoles per store....

[quote name='Xevious']I was on the bus this morning and I saw a line near gamestop in Berkeley. It was about 15 people long. The funny part is- I heard gamestop is only getting 8 consoles per store....[/QUOTE]

i passed by the EB Games on Shattuck this morning on my way to the Richmond store (i just didn't feel like camping out on shattuck even though i only live a few blocks away from that store). saw ppl in sleeping bags, hehehehehe.

[quote name='CounterSeal']Not really, I am ranting because now I may have to camp out for 24+ hours at the Sony Metreon come November 16th :([/QUOTE]

Are they going to have a midnight launch like the Sony PSP?

As someone who lived in Atlanta (a large/medium city) for many years before I moved to SF, I can say that us SFers are NOT getting the shitty end of the deal. Yeah, pre-orders were much easier in suburban Atlanta....but the positives in SF far outweigh any game console.

Just my 2 cents!

Sorry to say this, but I didn't even have to line up. I planned on camping at Target to use my discount, but decided at 10:37 to casually walk into EB and just preorder one.

[quote name='Freshwillis']Did anyone preorder a wii today? I got one, about 25 people were in line.[/quote]

Yeah...I saw that. EB games on Shattuck had a long line too. I wonder if its the same people from the previous (Sony) line.

[quote name='racerman8']Are they going to have a midnight launch like the Sony PSP?[/quote]

From the sounds of it, Gamestop will be doing a midnight launch for the Wii. There's a slip in the Nov. issue of Game Informer that mentions they're having a midnight launch of Zelda:TP. And since Zelda comes out the same day as the Wii, I'm guessing the people who pre-ordered will be able to pick it up at midnight.

[quote name='Xevious']Yeah...I saw that. EB games on Shattuck had a long line too. I wonder if its the same people from the previous (Sony) line.[/quote]

I only recognized about 5 faces from the PS3 line. The Wii line was twice as long, though:bouncy:

[quote name='racerman8']Are they going to have a midnight launch like the Sony PSP?[/QUOTE]

Well they've done midnight launches for the PS2, PSP, and various PS2 games and promotions. So I would assume they will no doubt do a midnight launch for the PS3. But either one of my friends or I will ask the PS store closer to launch to confirm. It's pretty exciting, we've got it all planned out, along with our own form of security!

[quote name='CounterSeal']Well they've done midnight launches for the PS2, PSP, and various PS2 games and promotions. So I would assume they will no doubt do a midnight launch for the PS3. But either one of my friends or I will ask the PS store closer to launch to confirm. It's pretty exciting, we've got it all planned out, along with our own form of security![/QUOTE]

I received an email from PSU that there will be a launch party in LA, CA. There is a contest where you could win a trip there. If Sony is doing a launch party in LA, I not too sure they will put one on at the Metreon.

[quote name='racerman8']I received an email from PSU that there will be a launch party in LA, CA. There is a contest where you could win a trip there. If Sony is doing a launch party in LA, I not too sure they will put one on at the Metreon.[/QUOTE]

Is it the GAP e-mail about the exclusive preview that happens on Thursday October 26th? If so, then I got it too, you just need to be within the first 50 people to reply to that e-mail, and be 18+. That's not a launch party though.

bread's done
Back