Took a game shopping trip to Japan (video)

hashiriya1

CAGiversary!
As the title says, I took a trip to Japan to go game shopping. I decided to take a lot of video to show people what it's like. It's pretty crappy quality, but I did my best with what I had. If you have time to kill or are interested in what Japanese game shops (and roads, heh heh) look like, give it a look.

It's nearly 2.5 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YtLtazc9SE

Thanks.

I skipped around a lot but it reminds me of a Japanese mall we have nearby that sells foodstuffs, toys, games, magazines, and music. It's very odd having a little slice of Japan right in the middle of nowhere lol.

[quote name='Rodimus']Please tell me you didn't go all the way to Japan just to buy video games.[/QUOTE]

I bought car parts, too. I know more about cars and car parts than I do about games. 95% of the stuff I buy in Japan I sell back in the States for profit. So after everything is said and done, selling the games pays for the stuff I bought for myself, my airfare, hotel, gasoline, etc plus profit on top of it. So it is profitable for me to visit Japan, which I do often. Just this time I decided to take video. I chose not to show the business aspect of my trips (taking several boxes to the post office to ship back by boat, etc). My fiance's parents and other family members in Japan help me a lot with their connections, too, to cut costs and hence, more profit.

Also, I got to spend time with a lot of old friends and we hung out in the places we used to hang out at when I lived there. Very fun and nostalgic.

I made a hobby and a side business of traveling to Japan as often as possible.

Is that so bad?

[quote name='hashiriya1']I bought car parts, too. I know more about cars and car parts than I do about games. 95% of the stuff I buy in Japan I sell back in the States for profit. So after everything is said and done, selling the games pays for the stuff I bought for myself, my airfare, hotel, gasoline, etc plus profit on top of it. So it is profitable for me to visit Japan, which I do often. Just this time I decided to take video. I chose not to show the business aspect of my trips (taking several boxes to the post office to ship back by boat, etc). My fiance's parents and other family members in Japan help me a lot with their connections, too, to cut costs and hence, more profit.

Also, I got to spend time with a lot of old friends and we hung out in the places we used to hang out at when I lived there. Very fun and nostalgic.

I made a hobby and a side business of traveling to Japan as often as possible.

Is that so bad?[/QUOTE]

That's terrible, you're a horrible human being ;-) Congrats, I'm jealous.

[quote name='hashiriya1']Is that so bad?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't sure you were a self proclaimed otaku who travels to Japan just for video games and anime while totally missing the culture.

Skipped through the video. Always wanted to spend more time in the country side. What area of Japan were you in?

Cool video. I'm heading out to Japan in October. It will be my second time out there. Any recommendations for me to check out?

Wow! My brain was on overload just naming all the stuff I saw there! I am VERY jealous of your trips to the land of the rising sun! I need to win the lottery and go there, SO many things I want!!!

Watched the firts 20 minutes and will watche the rest in pieces. Next time break it up into a5-20 minute chunks but great job editing it.

[quote name='crystalklear64']You're not being chased out of every store by some dick telling you no cameras.

This is not the legit Japan experience.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of my Tokyo Game Show experiance a couple years back. Squre/Enix booth I'm looking at you. Bunch of jerks.

Saw the whole thing.Shopping for video games in America is sitting in front a computer,atleast for me it is.So,what video game related things did you buy?

bread's done
Back