Top 10 PS3 Exclusives For New PS3 Owners

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I figure Id start this as a way to help those new to the ps3 find suggestions on what games they should check out or buy. Hopefully it can help keep the "hey im new to ps3 what should i get" posts to a minimum and help new and old ps3 owners find some game suggestions. So if youre game pick your top 10 choices and add them. Feel free to also include psn exclusives as well as games coming soon that you feel other gamers should keep an eye out for.

Heres my top 10 in no particular order.

1. Uncharted 2
2. Demons Souls
3. 3D Dot Game Heroes
4. Uncharted 1
5. Uncharted 3 ( not out yet but its coming soon
6. Killzone 3
7. ICO/SOTC Hd Collection ( this ones not out yet either but will be worth owning)
8. The Last Guardian ( not out yet but will be worth owning)
9. Little Big Planet 2
10.Heavy Rain

That reads more like a list of exclusives for PS3 lol. All it's really missing is Resistance, GT5, Infamous, MNR, and a few others not coming to mind.

For all we know last guardian won't even be on ps3
Don't make a list for top games and include games that aren't out

Also the fact you didn't list metal gear solid 4 makes me think you just got a ps3

[quote name='thekoolkurt']For all we know last guardian won't even be on ps3
Don't make a list for top games and include games that aren't out

Also the fact you didn't list metal gear solid 4 makes me think you just got a ps3[/QUOTE]

actually my first ps3 was an 80gb mgs4 bundle i didnt list mgs4 because i hated the game. read the fucking instructions make your own list of YOUR top 10 ps3 games its pretty simple if not do what it says under my screen name.

[quote name='lokizz']actually my first ps3 was an 80gb mgs4 bundle i didnt list mgs4 because i hated the game. [/QUOTE]

BLASPHEMY! HOW COULD YOU HATE METAL GEAR SOLID 4?!! IT'S EASILY ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF THE DECADE AND IN THE TOP 5 BEST PLAYSTATION®3 GAMES!!

:hot:

I haven't played all the PS3 exclusives but I'll still go ahead and make a list

1. Uncharted 2
2. Infamous 2
3. Little Big Planet 2
4. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
5. Heavy Rain
6. God Of War 3
7. Mod Nation Racers
8. Infamous
9. Uncharted
10. Sly Cooper HD Collection

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dotCody']BLASPHEMY! HOW COULD YOU HATE METAL GEAR SOLID 4?!! IT'S EASILY ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF THE DECADE AND IN THE TOP 5 BEST PLAYSTATION®3 GAMES!!

:hot:[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge Metal Gear Solid fan, but I skipped MGS3 since I never had a PS2. When I tried to play MGS4 on my PS3, I just couldn't get into it. I'm not sure what it was, it just never pulled me into the game. I only got about an hour in and stopped playing. I've been meaning to get it and give it another go. I heard it becomes utterly amazing and is well worth the time put into it, but I just found no reason to continue playing after the first 45 minutes or so.

... and MGS1 is pretty much my favorite game of all time ...

EDIT: I'll probably just get the HD collection and replay 2/3, then get 4 again and play it. But with so many good games coming out, wheres the time?

[quote name='dotCody']BLASPHEMY! HOW COULD YOU HATE METAL GEAR SOLID 4?!! IT'S EASILY ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF THE DECADE AND IN THE TOP 5 BEST PLAYSTATION®3 GAMES!!

lol way too many cutscenes and yes you can skip them but if you want to know the story you cant so sitting through them was a chore. that an the way the game controlled i basically hated mgs4. imo the series has consistently gone down with each version after mgs1 starting with mgs2 and that shit ending which to this day i still dont get.

you could say i dont have the patience for the stealth aspect of it but then again i loved the tenchu series ( all except that last one sega put out).

but if it makes you feel better i hated gow3 as well but that was more a story issue....and i hated that ending too it was easily one of the most dissappointing endings ive seen to a series ever. and id also like to say im pissed after playing the demo for those psp rereleases. why the hell wasnt that spartan shield/spear combo available in one of the console games?

Valkyria Chronicles deserves inclusion on every "best of" PS3 list. It will satisfy your gaming needs then draw you a bath and rub your toes so they don't get wrinkly.

1. Littlebigplanet 2
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
3. Demon's Soul
4. Valkyria Chronicles
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops
7. Battlefield Bad Company 2
8. inFamous 2
9. Heavy Rain
10. ICO/SOTC Collection

Last edited by a moderator:
thread title: Top 10 PS3 Exclusives For New PS3 Owners

[quote name='Jodou']That reads more like a list of exclusives for PS3 lol.[/QUOTE]

what were you expecting? reading comprehension a little below average i see.

my list that i played
1.metal gear 4
2.uncharted 2
3.ratchet and clank a crack in time
4.uncharted 1
5.warhawk
6.god of war 3
7.infamous 1
8.resistance 1
9.little big planet 1
10.katamari forever

How can you have vaporware on there? Anything not yet out shouldn't be othe list if it is for "new" owners. If you are going to do that, might as well include Infamous 3, god of war 4, and uncharted 4.

For pure fun play, I would consider adding Joe Danger to the list.

[quote name='jmbreci']How can you have vaporware on there? Anything not yet out shouldn't be othe list if it is for "new" owners. If you are going to do that, might as well include Infamous 3, god of war 4, and uncharted 4.

For pure fun play, I would consider adding Joe Danger to the list.[/QUOTE]

if you wanted to add those games you could in the end this is all about adding your personal top 10. i chose those few that werent out yet because they will be out soon ( especially u3) and the others are expected to be out next year.

the ico/sotc collection as well as the last guardian arent your avg game and unless youve tried them out on ps3 or know about them itd be easy to look past them. especially if youve never had a sony system or at the very least a ps2 i figure they may see this and then be curious enough to google it and find out more about it or maybe check out youtube vids. i never would have tried demons souls if not for cag posts and im glad i did.

and joe danger is a great game but i wanted to stick to a 10 game list.its hard to do theres still a few games in retrospect i kind of want to add but ill stick with these 10 since im sure someone else will add them.

Personal favorites in order
God Of War 3
Uncharted 2
Resistance 3
Infamous 2
Killzone 2/3
Heavy Rain
Metal Gear 4http://www.ps3trophies.com/trophies/MotorStorm-Pacific-Rift/Minion_101
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (I like it more than the new one)

Upcoming games
Uncharted 3
Twisted Metal (I Love/Miss car combat)
The Last Guardian
ICO/SOTC Hd Collection

Ok games (Worth a rental)
Little Big Planet 2
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Games I didn't like but others love
-Demon's Soul
-Valkyria Chronicles

[quote name='8bitArtist']reading comprehension a little below average i see.[/QUOTE]
Mine isn't the one that needs tuning.[quote name='dotCody']But...those games are shit. :S[/QUOTE]
Oh, I'm not saying those were good, just that it's kind of pointless to make a top ten exclusive list when there's like 15 franchises to choose from.

1.metal gear 4
2.uncharted 2
3.God of War 3
4.Resistance 2
5.Infamous
6.Valkyria Chronicles
7.Uncharted 1
8.Little big Planet 2
9.Killzone 2
10.Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (think you guys forgot about this one)

1. Uncharted 2
2. Heavy Rain
3. God of War 3
4. Little Big Planet 1 or 2
5. Killzone 3
6. Gran Turismo 5
7. Infamous 2
8. Uncharted
9. Super Stardust HD (psn)
10. Infamous

God of War 3 has the best graphics, Uncharted 2 is the best game, Heavy Rain is the best non-traditional game (next to Portal 2), Super Stardust is addictive as hell, both infamous redefine action platforming and are way ahead of any AC game, LBP will keep you busy forever, and Killzone 3 crushes MW2 online----all IMO of course!!! Basically, you can't go wrong with ANY PS3 exclusive :)

[quote name='dotcody']blasphemy! How could you hate metal gear solid 4?!! It's easily one of the best games of the decade and in the top 5 best playstation®3 games!!

:hot:[/quote]

qft

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Uncharted 1 & 2
3. Heavy Rain
4. God of War 3
5. Little Big Planet 1 & 2
6. Valkyria Chronicles
7. Demon's Souls
8. Killzone 2 & 3
9. Warhawk
10. Infamous 1 &2

My list, not necessarily ordered.

Uncharted 2
Uncharted
God of War 3
Infamous 2
Infamous
Metal Gear Solid 4
Valkyria Chronicles
Heavy Rain
LittleBigPlanet
SingStar

My ten games in no particular order that I have played/in my backlog:

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Killzone 2
3. Valkyria Chronicles
4. Yakuza 3
5. Yakuza 4
6. Heavy Rain
7. Uncharted
8. Heavenly Sword
9. InFamous
10. MAG

Honorable mentions: Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time, Motorstorm.
Games I want/don't have Uncharted 2, Demon Souls, and Time Crisis: Razing Storm.

MGS4 is a great game but too much of it feels like work. However in the end the payoffs are ridiculously awesome. It's definately a gamer's game.

[quote name='JG5253']I haven't all the PS3 exclusives but I'll still go ahead and make a list

1. Uncharted 2
2. Infamous 2
3. Little Big Planet 2
4. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
5. Heavy Rain
6. God Of War 3
7. Mod Nation Racers
8. Infamous
9. Uncharted
10. Sly Cooper HD Collection[/QUOTE]

dude, really? Sly Cooper HD, ps2 games on a ps3 gets best ps3 game and no metal gear again? What the fruck? very very very sad, two infamous and mod nation racers and no metal gear, that's all I am saying!

1. Uncharted 2
2. Metal Gear Solid 4
3. Heavy Rain
4. Uncharted
5. Demon's Souls
6. Resistance III
7. Little Big Planet 2
8. Heavenly Sword
9. KillZone 3
10. God of War III

[quote name='mastagoalie']dude, really? Sly Cooper HD, ps2 games on a ps3 gets best ps3 game and no metal gear again? What the fruck? very very very sad, two infamous and mod nation racers and no metal gear, that's all I am saying!

1. Uncharted 2
2. Metal Gear Solid 4
3. Heavy Rain
4. Uncharted
5. Demon's Souls
6. Resistance III
7. Little Big Planet 2
8. Heavenly Sword
9. KillZone 3
10. God of War III[/QUOTE]

Can you relax? I haven't played Metal Gear Solid 4 but has been in my backlog for a long time because I never played the other Metal Gear Solid games. I'm waiting for the collection to come out and play them cause I like to play through the story instead of watching it on youtube. I haven't played a lot of the exclusives like Resistance series, Demon Souls, Heavenly sword etc.

I can't think of 10 PS3 exclusives that are must own. However, of the games I have played, I can wholeheartedly recommend the following:

Uncharted 1 & 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Heavy Rain

I'm just not crazy on the other exclusives a lot of you have mentioned.

Little Big Planet 1 & 2 - One of the best games focused on content creation, if not the best on the PS3. However, the game has a very "floaty" feel to its platforming, which is really a deal breaker for some players (myself included). Also, not everyone is interested in creating their own levels. Even with the great toolset, creations can take tens of hours spanning multiple days, weeks, or even months to put together. This is time that a lot of people are not willing to invest in putting together a single level. In my free time, I enjoy playing rather than building, but for those who are interested in this sort of thing - enjoy.

Resistance - I've only played the first game in this series. Correction: I've only played 2/3 of the first game in the series. There are few games that I start and do not finish, and unfortunately, this was one. First off, I'll admit that I am biased when it comes to first person shooters on the PS3. I simply hate the controller, specifically the thumb stick positioning but also the trigger/shoulder buttons. I feel like I'm far less precise because of those two features, and as a result, far less in control of the action than compared to playing a FPS with the Xbox 360 controller. With that technicality out of the way, the game itself is just not fun. The story is average, enemies are repetitive and uninteresting, AI is garbage, and graphics are poop. As I mentioned, I wasn't having fun, so I stopped playing. Now I have not played Resistance 2 or 3. From what I understand, Resistance 2 had some stellar boss battles and a unique class-based cooperative option, which sounds like a lot of fun, but the AI still seemed stupid. And I've only been hearing good things about Resistance 3.

Killzone 2/3 - I played the first few missions of Killzone 2 and enjoyed it much more than Resistance. I do believe that it is a good game, but because of my issues with the controller, I didn't finish it. I did play the demo for Killzone 3 and had a good amount of fun with it, but doubt that I'll pick it up. I will mention that these game are amazingly good-looking.

Demon Souls - A niche game, loved by those in its target audience, appreciated by few outside of that audience, and hated by everyone else. I owned the limited edition of this game when it first came out, and thought it was great initially. The combat/gameplay is slow and methodical. The atmosphere is dark and fantastical. And the game employs a persistent online component where human controller players can enter your game-world to either help or hinder you as you progress. My problem with the game is in its difficulty. Boss battles are not cheap by any means, but you have to figure out how to take them down. For me, I'd never get it right the first time, second time, or even the fifth time, and when it takes you 30 minutes to an hour to get back to to boss area - this game becomes very time consuming. I guess I just fall into the majority of people who simply do not have the patience for this game.

Infamous - From my experience, I found Infamous to be not a bad game, but rather not very interesting compared to some of the other multi-platform open world type games. I'd just rather play Assassin's Creed, Just Cause, Grand Theft Auto, or Saint's Row instead. In my opinion exclusives are held no higher than multi-platform games. If I find one to be more interesting than another, I will play that one.

Definitely looking forward to Uncharted 3 (pre-ordered the Limited Edition) and ICO/SotC HD Collection later this year. Two games of which I am sure will be added to my humble list of must-play PS3 titles.

[quote name='dotCody']BLASPHEMY! HOW COULD YOU HATE METAL GEAR SOLID 4?!! IT'S EASILY ONE OF THE BEST GAMES MOVIES OF THE DECADE AND IN THE TOP 5 BEST PLAYSTATION®3 GAMES!!

Fixed that for ya.;) I bought MGS 4 for like 2 bucks disc only from a local shop and let my one buddy play it. He said he watched more cutscenes than there was gameplay. It was just not my type of game, as I'm more of a run n gun kinda player n I hate all the stealth shit.:booty:

As for my list, I must admit that I'm more of a multi-platform game player(but I do own them all on PS3 since that's my only current gen system). So here's my top 5 at least.

1. Uncharted 2
2. Uncharted
3. Little Big Planet
4. Little Big Planet 2
5. Demon's Souls

Now if we're talking about multi-platform titles, then my most played(and reasons for doing so) are:

1. GTA Episodes From Liberty City(glitching under the map n flying around in choppers causing havoc)
2. GTA IV(see above)
3. Just Cause 2(huge open game world to explore, lots of interesting secrets to find)
4. Catherine(puzzle game + anime cutscenes= very unique experience and not to be missed)
5. Dead Rising 2(zombie slashing/hacking was never this much fun before)
6. Saint's Row 2(over the top open world game with a kickass soundtrack to it, just too much fun)
7. Red Faction Guerrilla(open world game set on Mars that allows you to take destruction to the next level;))

Downloadable titles to grab:

1. Mortal Kombat II(only $5 but so much fun to play the original arcade version, may have been replaced on PSN by the MK Collection for $10)
2. Limbo(no words can describe this game, you just have to experience it for yourself)
3. DeathSpank(RPG hack n slash with humor reminiscent of some old school 16bit era series)
4. Gauntlet II(a classic that every gamer should play)
5. Dead Nation(free from the PSN Welcome Back Program, insane top down action game......with zombies;))
6. Planet Minigolf(like the wackiest mini golf course you ever dreamt up as a kid, only better)

There's so many more multi platform and downloadable titles I could list, but I'll leave those up to the new PS3 owners to discover on their own. Those are my lists, like em or not.:razz:

[quote name='ssjmichael']Let's all bitch about how our subjective lists are better than others subjective lists...[/QUOTE]
That's what always happens in these type of topics. People think their list is the be all end all and that everyone MUST play the games on their list because they think they're the best EVAR. It's called a personal opinion. What I like someone else may not like and I'm ok with that, but some take it as a personal affront that you don't share their tastes in games/music/movies.:roll:

1. Demons Souls
2. Uncharted 2
3. MGS4
4. LBP Series
5. Infamous 1 & 2
6. Resistance series(especially FOM)
7. GOW3
8. Mod Nation(underrated)
9. Heavy Rain
10. Killzone 2 & 3

THe only exclusive the 360 has that strictly ps3 players are missing out on in Gears, can't wait til tues to pick up Gears 3

Regarding Demon's Souls: "and when it takes you 30 minutes to an hour to get back to to boss area" None of them are that bad, Flamelurker comes the closest, though there is a shortcut to get down to him as is pointed out by the community in-game help system.

I'll go with top 5 since I haven't played more than 10 to 11 playstation 3 exclusives
1.)Uncharted 2
2.)Uncharted
3.)Demon's Souls
4.)R&C: Crack in Time
5.)Infamous

[quote name='Swift900']I can't think of 10 PS3 exclusives that are must own.[/QUOTE]

:roll: but Let me guess, you can think of 10 must own exclusives for Xbox right?

[quote name='Brainberry']1. Demons Souls
2. Uncharted 2
3. MGS4
4. LBP Series
5. Infamous 1 & 2
6. Resistance series(especially FOM)
7. GOW3
8. Mod Nation(underrated)
9. Heavy Rain
10. Killzone 2 & 3

THe only exclusive the 360 has that strictly ps3 players are missing out on in Gears, can't wait til tues to pick up Gears 3[/QUOTE]

alan wake seems like itd be fun its the only 360 id like to try.

[quote name='lokizz']alan wake seems like itd be fun its the only 360 id like to try.[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake was extremely fun, and eerie.

Excluding sequels to games found on previous generations and only selecting a single game from a PS3 series, my list is:

Demon's Souls
Heavy Rain
inFAMOUS 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
ModNation Racers
Resistance 3
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Valkyria Chronicles
Warhawk

Some other great games below, but they didn't make my list above because they have some major flaws depending on your tastes or didn't fit my criterion above:

3D Dot Game Heroes
God of War III
Gran Turismo 5
inFAMOUS
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
LittleBigPlanet
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
MotorStorm
MotorStorm Apocalypse
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

The Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted titles are the reason I own the system. I might not otherwise. And Honestly Metal Gear kinda lost me after Solid, the last few games have been incoherent messes.

I'll post my list, which includes some of the staples, but has a little more variety:

1. Valkyria Chronicles (So good; my favorite game so far on PS3)
2. Heavy Rain (Nothing like it--had a blast playing it)
3. Ratchet and Clank (I like any of them-bought for my kid and ended up being a fan)
4. Yakuza 4 (haven't played the others but I will now)
5. Uncharted 1/2 (for all the reasons most people love it)
6. MGS4 (I am always amazed when this game gets hate--it is rad)
7. Resistance 1 (Sci-Fi shooter that has a great personality)
8. Demon Souls (Even though this game hates me, I love it)
9. Disgaea 3 (Just bought 4 but have not played it yet)
10. Mod Nation Racers (I suck at the racing but love the customization)

1. Uncharted 2
2. Valkyria Chronicles
3. Metal Gear Solid 4
4. God of War 3
5. Uncharted
6. Resistance
7. flower
8. Infamous
9. Killzone 2
10. Heavy Rain

Games I haven't played enough of or played yet to really rate: LBP 1 & 2, Infamous 2, Warhawk, Killzone 3, R&C Crack in Time/Tools of Destruction, and Demon's Souls.

Exactly the type of thread I was looking for. Will be a first time PS3 owner tomorrow and my local Sears had a lot of clearance PS2 titles last time I checked. Hopefully I can find some of the games being mentioned here.

My list since I only played a few games and enjoyed all of them

This is no order:

Infamous 1
Uncharted 1/2
FF13
Both Rachet and Clank games
Valk Chronicles

Far from exclusive but I love the way that Just Cause 2 implemented the YouTube/video capture integration into the PS3 version.

It really is the perfect game to have your last 30 seconds always available to save-off as a video and upload.

bread's done
Back