Top 10 Video Game Themes/Songs

bardiya27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Me and my friend made a video of the top 10 video game tunes,

It's on youtube because it was all part of a project we had for a Mass Communications class, so here's the link (I'm on the right):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vodFffXz4Ic

Here's the list if you don't want to see the video (it does drag because there was a length requirement for the video. So I had to throw a Sonic rant at the end.)

10. Kid Icarus - 1-1
9. Duck Tales - The Moon
8. Tetris - A-Type
7. Super Metroid - Opening Theme
6. Final Fantasy 7 - Battle Theme
5. Super Castlevania IV - Simon's Theme
4. Megaman 2 - Dr. Wily's Castle
3. Super Mario Bros. - Underground Theme
2. The Legend Of Zelda - Overworld Theme
1. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Emerald Hill Zone

We kind of had to agree to disagree on some of the stuff (I would bump down the FF theme and bump up the Duck Tales' Moon).

Just curious to see what other people's top 10 would look like; we made it one entry per series.

[quote name='BigD63']That was pretty funny.:lol:[/quote]

Yea, we never meant for the videos to be silly but they just turned out that way.

I've been looking at other Top 10s and ours seem pretty similar to other people, apart from a few games like Kid Icarus and Super Castlevania.

pretty good list, you guys mostly went for old-school stuff though.
I liked the GOW2 review on the channel, how'd you guys do on the project?

[quote name='CLICKCLICK']pretty good list, you guys mostly went for old-school stuff though.
I liked the GOW2 review on the channel, how'd you guys do on the project?[/quote]

Yea, we did focus on mostly old-school games, lmao I think the most current one we even considered was the NBA ON NBC theme from NBA SHOWTIME. But that was just jokes.

I think the reason it's mostly older ones is because most of these games are classics that we have played numerously ever since we've been playing video games. So nostalgia has a lot to do with it.

We still haven't received our grade though, it was a final project and the teacher is being lazy.

[quote name='Thomas96']I like "In the Bar" from Streets of Rage 2.[/quote]

That one is catchy too, Streets Of Rage 1 had a pretty decent soundtrack also.

I think the intro to MM2 is wonderful (though Wily does have a good theme). That damn intro. theme gets stuck in my head sometimes.

Pretty nice list. I think there are better themes than SMB Underground from the Mario universe though.

[quote name='Rig']I think the intro to MM2 is wonderful (though Wily does have a good theme). That damn intro. theme gets stuck in my head sometimes.

Pretty nice list. I think there are better themes than SMB Underground from the Mario universe though.[/quote]

Yeah I agree, there was this tune from Mario 64 that we were looking for but we couldn't find it.

Once we filmed the Top 10 we realized what it was, it's the theme that plays in the levels that lead-up to the Bowser boss fights.

So epic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4yD-tRlZLI

The reason I couldn't find it is because for some reason I associated the theme with the one that plays in the Lethal Lava in Mario 64... weird brain fart because I even have that tune on my computer.

[quote name='Rig']I think the intro to MM2 is wonderful (though Wily does have a good theme). That damn intro. theme gets stuck in my head sometimes.[/quote]

When I read the title to this thread, that was the first thing that popped into my head. So I guess that if I was to make a top ten list, that would be my number one. My off the top of my head list (keeping with the 1 per series).

1) Mega Man 2 - intro theme
2) Kingdom Hearts - Simple & Clean (orchestral version)
3) Mike Tyson's Punchout - in ring music
4) The Legend of Zelda - overworld
5) Super Mario Bros. - overworld
6) Street Fighter II - intro
7) Rock Band - intro "Highway Star"
8) Zak & Wiki - Oracle

That's really all I can think of "in-game" but to round out the list, two other game commerical ones:

9) Mercenaries 2: "Oh No You Didnt!"
10) Gears of War: "Mad World"

Come on guys. The best song is definitely Bubble Man's theme from MM2. Just go ahead and make that number 1 on all the lists.

[quote name='Ziv']Come on guys. The best song is definitely Bubble Man's theme from MM2. Just go ahead and make that number 1 on all the lists.[/quote]

I dunno....Woodman theme gives bubble man a run for his money. Amazing what they could do with those bleeps and boops.

[quote name='ToadallyAwesome']I dunno....Woodman theme gives bubble man a run for his money. Amazing what they could do with those bleeps and boops.[/quote]

You really can't go wrong with any of the MM2 themes. Had to pick one per series though.

[quote name='chronodev']Good choices.

My number one is the Legend of Zelda theme[/quote]

I personally can interchange Zelda and Sonic all day, both series catalog is so strong.

Only reason we put Sonic number 1 is 'cuz there is no doubt in my friend's mind that Sonic is his favorite.

Here's my top 10, in random order:

Wood Man's stage - Mega Man 2
Sonic Boom (Opening) - Sonic CD
Cheap Cheap - Parappa the Rapper
Chill - Dr. Mario
Edge of Soul - SoulBlade
Level 2 song - Gitaroo Man
Razor's theme - Maniac Mansion
Ceremony - Secret of Mana
Intermission (Running) - PunchOut
Strike's theme - Bust a Groove 2

[quote name='Mr. Beef']No Chrono Trigger = a faulty list. :nottalking:[/quote]

Love Chrono Trigger, had it in my honorable mentions.

I know it's not much of "theme" or "song" but that intro with the clock ticking is sick. Really sets the mood for the game.

bread's done
Back