Top Wanted Games for PSP PSOne Official Emulator

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Final Fantasy Tactics -
Perfect for on the go (It worked for MGA) and quick play since action can always be paused.

Rival Schools -
Possibly the most overlooked fighter for the system and damn fun too!

Tomba! -
THE last best platformer I have ever played! Where are the sequals sony?

Einhander -
I need some good shooting on the go

Ehgriez -
A decent fighter that was killed off too early

Tobal No1/No2 -
Again, another good fighter

Vib Ribbon -
This needed a US release, so I'm hoping we get it now...

post your own list of games you would like to see or just discuss.

[quote name='62t']I rather own a physical copy of the game.[/QUOTE]

as in UMD or the actual originals? I'm kinda this way too, but it's better than nothing.

ahhh the days of tobal :) i remember when my dad bought me that game...i loved playing against hom and shutting him down with his button on his back

[quote name='gizmogc']Just Castlevania. Thats the only game I would be interested in.[/QUOTE]
I have to disagree because i want the Saturn version on a UMD.

Why can't I just rip my current Playstation CD and put them on a memory stick? I shouldn't have to buy another copy to play on another device unless there are some big time additions added.

Not that excited about this if I have to pay for games I already own.

[quote name='b3b0p']Why can't I just rip my current Playstation CD and put them on a memory stick? I shouldn't have to buy another copy to play on another device unless there are some big time additions added.

Not that excited about this if I have to pay for games I already own.[/QUOTE]

Wow you hit the nail I the head...I thought about this the other day but forgot to post it. If I had to choose a game though I would want it would be:

Spider-Man

[quote name='62t']I have to disagree because i want the Saturn version on a UMD.[/quote]

We need either a remake or the saturn version with all the extras.

I say the Crash and Spyro game series.

but most of all I want Vib Ribbon, so that way it works with mp3s on the memory stick.

I could care less about the emulation since there are so many missing buttons and Sony doesn't have that many games themeselves. A lot of the best PSone games are third party, so until I hear that Capcom and Square-Enix want to jump on board...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Tomba! -
THE last best platformer I have ever played! Where are the sequals sony?
.[/QUOTE]

There was a sequal. And to answer your question, just the Crash Trilogy and Final Fantasy Trilogy (7,8,9), but I wouldn't pay much as I already own the originals.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']There was a sequal. And to answer your question, just the Crash Trilogy and Final Fantasy Trilogy (7,8,9), but I wouldn't pay much as I already own the originals.[/QUOTE]

forgot to point out I didn't think the second game was a great sequal... the transition to 3d kinda ruined it for me.

[quote name='chewster777']I could play Suikoden II for a very low price![/QUOTE]

i thought they were already going to release suikoden i and ii on a umd.

this sounds good, but i wouldnt want to rebuy games, and the whole not having two analog nubs would make some, but certainly not all games, unplayable, think ape escape.

I'm with Tobal No.2 and Vib Ribbon but most other shit doesn't come to mind, maybe Popolocrois 3. If someone can suggest some other good unreleased RPG's I'm game but none come to mind off the top of my head.

[quote name='iheartmetal']i thought they were already going to release suikoden i and ii on a umd.

this sounds good, but i wouldnt want to rebuy games, and the whole not having two analog nubs would make some, but certainly not all games, unplayable, think ape escape.[/QUOTE]

well they can fix that with a remake... they did it with ape escape already for the PSP.

I wonder if this will limit the number of remakes we'll see ported to the PSP in UMD format (ie. Valkrie Profile/Ape Escape/Popolocros etc...)

Well because of the pititful sales of Popolocrois we're probably screwed out of seeing Popolocrois Montogari here which is a real shame because if you've seen PS2 screenshots of it you KNOW it's absolutely GORGEOUS.
Rolento Valkyrie Profile, Popolocrois, Persona, Princess Crown, Astonishia Story, Gradius Portable and one other seem to be the ONLY ported games I will buy on the PSP so far, meriting the full price purchase for me, most are fairly obvious for the reasons why. Does anyone know if we're getting Valkyrie Profile or Princess Crown? I want to know ASAP if I should import em' as well as Gradius Portable. Getting all four Gradius on one disc to play portably=love. ^_^

[quote name='iheartmetal']i thought they were already going to release suikoden i and ii on a umd.

this sounds good, but i wouldnt want to rebuy games, and the whole not having two analog nubs would make some, but certainly not all games, unplayable, think ape escape.[/QUOTE]It's out in Japan. No U.S. release date or announcement.

I made a wish list about a year ago, just reposting it for relevance:

PSP01Zerogunner.gif

PSP02shenmue.gif

PSP03heavymetalgeomatix.gif

PSP04soulcalibur.gif

PSP05beserk.gif

PSP06wetrix.gif

PSP07jetgrindradio.gif

PSP08sonic.gif

PSP09rez.gif

PSP10powerstone.gif

PSP113rdstrike.gif

PSP12Daytona.gif

PSP13PSunlimit.gif

PSP14nights.gif

PSP15Virtalon.gif

PSP16PanzerD.gif

PSP17RadiantSilvergun.gif

PSP18cyberbots.gif

PSP19draculax.gif

PSP20Gheroesonline.gif

PSP21xenogears.gif

PSP22Vagrant.gif

PSP23ccross.gif

PSP24einhander.gif

PSP25DandD.gif

PSP26Shinobi.gif

PSP27rageofdragons.gif

PSP28Tenchu.gif

PSP29bushido.gif

PSP30ikaruga.gif

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I made a wish list about a year ago, just reposting it for relevance:

PSP01Zerogunner.gif

PSP02shenmue.gif

PSP03heavymetalgeomatix.gif

PSP04soulcalibur.gif

PSP05beserk.gif

PSP06wetrix.gif

PSP07jetgrindradio.gif

PSP08sonic.gif

PSP09rez.gif

PSP10powerstone.gif

PSP113rdstrike.gif

PSP12Daytona.gif

PSP13PSunlimit.gif

PSP14nights.gif

PSP15Virtalon.gif

PSP16PanzerD.gif

PSP17RadiantSilvergun.gif

PSP18cyberbots.gif

PSP19draculax.gif

PSP20Gheroesonline.gif

PSP21xenogears.gif

PSP22Vagrant.gif

PSP23ccross.gif

PSP24einhander.gif

PSP25DandD.gif

PSP26Shinobi.gif

PSP27rageofdragons.gif

PSP28Tenchu.gif

PSP29bushido.gif

PSP30ikaruga.gif
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember your list. I t rawked like crazy and proved that Dreamcast would actually be better to emulate than PS1.

As it was already said, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy(w/e one, they were all good), but lets not forget Legacy of Kain games, and the Monster Rancher games.

there isnt much information out about it yet expect for the fact that its coming.

The problem is that i dont think they will let you use your existing cds to play the game on your memory stick.

Why?

They could make more money by making you download the game :whistle2:(

Some games I'd like to see:

Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Gran Turismo 2
Metal Gear Solid
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Resident Evil 2
Tekken 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

I want some questions answered. Everyone seems to be just listing games they want without thinking of how this could end up being a bull shit service.

How much will the games cost?
How will the transfer of games to the PSP take place?
Can the games be backed up?

I don't think they can allow direct drag-and-drop transfer of these games. Just think how easy it would be to distribute these online. This would be easier than ripping a CD or DVD (no ripping involved).

There will be some sort of encryption/copy protection and it will probably suck! Anybody have a mini disc? Doesn't Mini disc have some really crummy encryption and means to transfer the music? Isn't this one of the reasons it has failed or not caught on as it should have? I doubt we will be able to right click and copy.

I would be happy if it ended up being as leanient as Apple's iTunes store, but allows and encourages backups. However, I doubt Sony will make it that way.

My hopes are very low for this service.

Also, what about the selection of games? They would have to get the rights from many publishers/developers. Many of which might not want anything to do with this service.

I like the idea, but I have a feeling Sony is going to kill it before it even starts with their poor execution.

What would be pretty neat is if Sony teamed up with Apple and distributed these on the iTunes store like the broadcasters have with the TV shows currently. I could live with that and become an iTunes user (I hate iTunes).

Mooky: Looks like your about 1 for 30 so far.

[quote name='Neuros']Speaking of poor execution, what if you already own the game and wish to rip it to play?[/QUOTE]
That is another thing I mentioned in another post in another thread. I would rather have this option than anything else. Sadly, this I doubt will ever happen.

Meh, I'm much more interested in updated ports like Tales of Eternia... if there's no additions or graphical improvements, then what's the point? What I do like about this service though is that AFAIK, you'd download the game to a memory stick... so you could have a backup on your computer... I hope.

[quote name='Chacrana']Meh, I'm much more interested in updated ports like Tales of Eternia... if there's no additions or graphical improvements, then what's the point? What I do like about this service though is that AFAIK, you'd download the game to a memory stick... so you could have a backup on your computer... I hope.[/QUOTE]

yeah, unless sony has a dumbass copy protection thing... I would really hate them if they did...

[quote name='Chacrana']Meh, I'm much more interested in updated ports like Tales of Eternia... if there's no additions or graphical improvements, then what's the point? What I do like about this service though is that AFAIK, you'd download the game to a memory stick... so you could have a backup on your computer... I hope.[/QUOTE]
ToE is a poor example, as the didnt even fit the widescreen. Another week port is Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, no true widescreen and they didnt include the extra from the US version. A good example would be suikoden, as it got a new intro from the saturn version and a movie/sound/event viewer.

Either of the Gran Turismo's
Any of the Syphon Filters(I know one just came out)
Disney Magical Racing
Quake II
Twisted Metal II
Jet Moto 1
Crash Bandicoot 1

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, unless sony has a dumbass copy protection thing... I would really hate them if they did...[/QUOTE]
There is no way I believe Sony will allow us to have copies on our computer. It makes it too easy to just upload to something like bittorrent. They know this too and is probably a real worry for the owners of the games.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bypass the PC entirely and make us download only with our PSP. That would suck for sure.

[quote name='b3b0p']There is no way I believe Sony will allow us to have copies on our computer. It makes it too easy to just upload to something like bittorrent. They know this too and is probably a real worry for the owners of the games.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bypass the PC entirely and make us download only with our PSP. That would suck for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you'd have to store the thing on the memory stick and I seriously doubt Sony could do anything about transfering the file to the PC then. I have absolutely no interest in this though if Sony somehow manages to make backups impossible.

bread's done
Back