Torchlight 2

Ah geez, now I gotta choose between playing this and BL2 tonight... and BL2 is really good.

Funny thing though, my friend bought FTL, and cant stop playing it even with him buy BL2. He bought this, and I think it'll be put on backlog behind the other two.

I'll probably start this tonight a little bit since I have to patch and reboot about two dozen production servers this afternoon and evening. It'll be better for my inattentiveness.

Linked my steam account to my runic account. No steam friends showing up yet, but that could be because they haven't done the same.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Runic has account linking up and mostly ready: https://secure.runicgames.com/account/keys

It took a few tries before it went through but I'd much rather being doing it now instead of right at/after launch like most.[/QUOTE]

Wish I would have done it early takes like 7 minutes for each page to load then it sometimes logs me out. I actually leave town tomorrow at 7 am and not back until saturday night so hopefully it is better by then.

EDIT Took 50 minutes but I got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am playing right now. I am currently level 11 playing on Veteran. Coming from an former D2 player this game is pretty fun so far.

If any one wants to play send me a message and Ill add you on steam!

Waiting on the Mac release to install my copy (or so I think). My GF got a preorder with me (did a 4 pack), and well she runs Mac (without a lot of space for windows), so I am gonna wait to play it.

I am excited though after how Diablo 3 turned out for this game. Because this seems like Diablo 3 in a Diablo sense than Diablo 3 ever was :lol:.

I have a 14 Elite Embermage and a 11 Veteran Engineer. After playing both in single-player and co-op, it feels like Veteran is "normal" and Elite is "hard" difficulty wise. While solo, Elite doesn't feel too bad. However when you start adding people and enter those random sidequest dungeons and fight the end boss? You get absolutely destroyed. After that happened to myself and two friends we rolled back to Veteran and it felt much better.

The only thing I dislike about Torchlight in general is rare/unique loot drops way too often. It's like the polar opposite of Diablo 3 at launch. Makes the loot not really feel rewarding or anything.

[quote name='Draekon']The only thing I dislike about Torchlight in general is rare/unique loot drops way too often. It's like the polar opposite of Diablo 3 at launch. Makes the loot not really feel rewarding or anything.[/QUOTE]
I would take a consistent loot table of rewards over 200 hours of bullshit. Diablo III was designed to support an AH, this game is not. I'll check this game out when it's $5 during Christmas.

[quote name='Jodou']I would take a consistent loot table of rewards over 200 hours of bullshit. Diablo III was designed to support an AH, this game is not. I'll check this game out when it's $5 during Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I never said anything about preferring Diablo 3. I just used it as an example since people can relate. I like something in the middle where it takes some time/effort to get stuff. My party had 9 Ghastly Boots (Rare Set Gear) by the time we hit level 14. Not to mention a dozen uniques and countless more Rare Set pieces and other Rare items.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a fun glitch. I cant remap my keys, or the game gets stuck like it's always paused. Know how when you open a menu it zooms in on your character? After I remap keys it stays like that, and I cant move or anything. I can still open inventory or any other menu, but thats it. Even leaving the game and then coming back doesnt fix it. I have to go in, reset the keys to default, and then totally exit the game to fix it. But then I'm still stuck with the keys being annoying.

Guess I'm waiting for a patch or something.

I'm on the final boss I think -- Neanderthal or something. Lvl 42 on Normal. Anyone want to talk that tonight? Gonna waypoint to the mines (I think lvl 4 or 5) and try to beat the game.

There's PvP. In chat type: /pvp

I haven't done any yet but my understanding is that it's more dueling than outright PvP.

And while you're at it type: /breakdance

The only delay was that it was supposed to come out some time last year (July-Oct) but then they pushed it back to Summer 2012 to keep working on it. Then it was just taking them forever to announce a concrete date.

Got a question. Does or has anyone not had Torchlight II show up in their games list? I got on a 4 pack, and I went to go download my copy last night until I realized it wasn't there. I didn't really think about checking last friday because the gift copy of T1 was there and I played it (and I was playing Borderlands 2 so I didn't bother to download T2).

Even on the Steam Community page it says it's not there. I sent a support ticket last night, waiting on a response.

If you got a 4-Pack through a CAG, there should be a log that you were traded the game that you can find (through your Steam inventory). I would verify that first. Now if you were head of the 4-pack and it's missing, then good luck getting a speedy support ticket reply.

[quote name='Draekon']If you got a 4-Pack through a CAG, there should be a log that you were traded the game that you can find (through your Steam inventory). I would verify that first. Now if you were head of the 4-pack and it's missing, then good luck getting a speedy support ticket reply.[/QUOTE]
It was a 4 pack with friends. I will check the inventory log but it does say Torchlight 1 was redeemed in my transaction log. I redeemed the preorder like 3-4 month ago like a week after preorders went live.

[quote name='j-cart']So wait, no PvP?

I thought the whole delay was so that they would have PvP @ launch.[/QUOTE]

That was Diablo III and it launched without it. (patch 1.1 is what Blizzard claims as the PvP patch)

I just tried out the PvP in Torchlight II and when you die it is a full-on legitimate death with penalty options and everything so not take-a-knee dueling at all.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It was a 4 pack with friends. I will check the inventory log but it does say Torchlight 1 was redeemed in my transaction log. I redeemed the preorder like 3-4 month ago like a week after preorders went live.[/QUOTE]

You're looking at your game buy/activate log. You want your steam trade inventory log to ensure it was actually traded to you first.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']That was Diablo III and it launched without it. (patch 1.1 is what Blizzard claims as the PvP patch)

I just tried out the PvP in Torchlight II and when you die it is a full-on legitimate death with penalty options and everything so not take-a-knee dueling at all.[/QUOTE]

How is the PvP? Are people competitive enough for item trading?

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that people are serious about PvP as there's an entire guild section on the Runic forums yet there's no in-game guild functionality.:whistle2:k

edit: I decided to give the official forums as well as the Steam forum a browse and I don't see much of anything about PvP. I doubt many even know that it's in there let alone about all of the other chat commands like emotes and such.*shrug*

[quote name='Draekon']You're looking at your game buy/activate log. You want your steam trade inventory log to ensure it was actually traded to you first.[/QUOTE]
Just got home from work and checked my inventory history. It's not even in my trade history which is odd because I have the Torchlight 1. I hope I am not out $15. It's not even that it's a ton of money but it's just the principal now.

I don't like the game. I find the map annoying when I am in a 4 player game and someone runs off to another area I can't tell where the hell they went without opening a TP or asking them in chat and waiting for a response. Maybe I am doing something wrong or not noticing something.

I haven’t played Torchlight II but from Tochlight I, I can say that the graphics of the game is not good for a hyped game. Plus the gameplay is kind of stale and very slow. I suggest that you should just buy Diablo III instead of playing this game.

[quote name='huwenks']I haven’t played Torchlight II but from Tochlight I, I can say that the graphics of the game is not good for a hyped game. Plus the gameplay is kind of stale and very slow. I suggest that you should just buy Diablo III instead of playing this game.[/QUOTE]

CoolStory.jpg

Yeah really... I bought this because I really didnt care for D3. Of course now I'm not playing this thanks to BL2... but I'm planning on doing so. D3 on the other hand, is probably getting installed.

[quote name='huwenks']I haven’t played Torchlight II but from Tochlight I, I can say that the graphics of the game is not good for a hyped game. Plus the gameplay is kind of stale and very slow. I suggest that you should just buy Diablo III instead of playing this game.[/QUOTE]
I haven’t played Diablo III but from Diablo I, I can say that the graphics of the game is not good for a hyped game. Plus the gameplay is kind of stale and very slow. I suggest that you should just buy Titan's quest instead of playing Diablo.

Just incase anyone is on the fence: try the demo. I've been playing the demo for almost 3 hours. It's pretty long and you can select any of the characters you desire.

Tempting to buy a 4 pack but I know the steam sales for TL1 were pretty big. Hoping for a return soon.

Me and a friend finally pulled ourselves away from BL2 and started playing this last night. Good times, but I'm getting some random crashes. I'm not sure whats causing it, because I had played this single player several times with no problem, but last night I probably had 4 crashes. My video drivers did update earlier, so I'm thinking that might be a cause.

[quote name='Waughoo']Me and a friend finally pulled ourselves away from BL2 and started playing this last night. Good times, but I'm getting some random crashes. I'm not sure whats causing it, because I had played this single player several times with no problem, but last night I probably had 4 crashes. My video drivers did update earlier, so I'm thinking that might be a cause.[/QUOTE]

Yay! Someone to play with now!

bread's done
Back