Torchlight $5 Steam weekend deal!

Demo is worth like 3-4 hours of play (assuming you try each class once), and that was free. If you want to break it down further, is 400 MS points worth this game?

...yes.

[quote name='rangerdanger']It says til Monday, but cant you just go to the steam site, and order through the site and leave it in your download que for when you get home?[/QUOTE]

You're right. You can do this. I've done this before, hell I've even bought a game (Dragon Age: Origins - thanksgiving sale) through the iPhone on Safari while away and just downloaded it later.

I was looking for a game since the game I was planning on getting (Settlers 7) has DRM that makes it totally umplayable for me (You have to be connected to the net the entire time you are playing or the game doesn't work). Checked out the Torchlight demo and bought it an hour later. Very fun and a no-brainer now at $5.

Thanks Steam

I just got my new PC yesterday and used Steam to download my old copy of Half-Life 2. Hadn't used Steam in awhile and liked how easy it seemed to work. Then I saw this deal and picked Torchlight up. I've liked what I've seen and $5 is a pretty awesome price.

Yup caved at $5 bucks on this as well. Going to try the Netbook mode on my netbook but not expecting much. Nice to have under my steam profile for hte hopes of ever getting a decent desktop. Has there been many CAG's that have had good success under netbook mode?

I had downloaded the demo a while ago and finally got around to playing it last night since I saw it was on sale again. Could definitely see myself sinking alot of time into this. Even after only playing an hour or so, I would say if you like Diablo II this is an easy pickup at this price point.

[quote name='rangerdanger']It says til Monday, but cant you just go to the steam site, and order through the site and leave it in your download que for when you get home?[/QUOTE]

I'll give it shot but I don't remember my password. Thanks for the info.

I built a new pc recently and have been looking for a cheap game to try on Steam. Thanks OP, can't beat the price and the game so far has been a lot of fun.

I had passed on Torchlight during the Holiday Sale, but I couldn't skip it again. Too good a deal on a game everyone else seems to enjoy horribly. I'm going to take Duke Edward I's advice and grab some of the more functional mods, as well.

I'm looking forward to becoming hopelessly addicted.

[quote name='animalspinners']Torchlight is far, far better than Titan Quest Gold.

If you bought that game, Torchlight should instantly be a no brainer.[/QUOTE]

but Titan Quest has online :p Anyways, I'm going to play the demo for this game then make my decision.

Another one of those games I'd have passed on had I not read a thread about it here. I played the demo briefly and just grabbed it. Seems like it'll easily be worth my $5.

Also, I generally have issues running any game after 2005 (thanks to my laptop's integrated graphics chipset), so it was nice to see this ran comfortably at 1280x800 without turning everything down or checking Netbook Mode.

Thanks again, OP and everyone who recommended it.

I got it and it is fun, seems to be what I remember about diablo (Most hack n slash or hack and shoot power spell LOL) , I by no means am a RPG expert (experience is when they were new games Neverwinter Nights,baulders gate and currently World of Warcraft ) but this is very mouse driven only use Shift and the numbers (mana/health/spells etc)

OP thanks for the heads up. I just re-registered on steam since my account expired years ago (isn't that kinda worrisome?).

They've talked this game up a bunch on the Giant Bombcast and at $5 it sounds like a steal!

First pc game I've bought in years - luckily it runs on my laptop.

Do people more familiar with the game recommend using mods the first time through or waiting till later plays?

bread's done
Back