Torchlight II 4.99 @ gamestop (and other games)

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I wanted torchlight 2 when it first came out, but i'm not really in the mood for it now ~_~. $5 is super cheap though..

Yea you gotta install their stupid app to get the key for the game. You can just get the key, activate it on steam and just uninstall the program. I dunno if it works for all games though, it worked for Metro 2033 though =P

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought PvZ through Gamestop some years ago. They have since revamped their system and no longer allow me to download it (so I can reinstall it). Apparently, if I still had a receipt, I could settle the matter, but who keeps digital receipts that long? Well, I don't.

well.. shit. I wont be buying it then. WHy the hell would you need a shitty bloatware app from a terrible company like GS just to get a friggin steam key? Seems pretty shady to not mention its steam activated too.

If they just gave you a steam key i would bite but i dont want their garbage on my system even temporarily

Ah so it's the same as gamefly pcdd? Stupid that theymake you download a stupid app just to give you a code. Gamefly's isn't even copiable, so you have to switch between windows unless you're some sort of freak who can memorize an entire key

no. it seems like you need their d.loader to even GET the code if i understand it right. Gamefly at least lets you just take the code without their d.loader for steam games

Pretty sure the app is just for retrieving your Steam code. Once you grab it you can uninstall the app and what not.

I had to install it when they gave Rift away for free, but it was so I could grab the CD Key and Rift installer. I didn't need the Gamestop app afterwards for anything.

Some games you can some you can't. It'll mention steam in the description if its a steam key. If it doesn't then its played through their client. Either way you have to use their client to get the game. Even if its steam you have to use the client to even have access to your purchase and see the steam key.

Pretty sure the app is just for retrieving your Steam code. Once you grab it you can uninstall the app and what not.

I had to install it when they gave Rift away for free, but it was so I could grab the CD Key and Rift installer. I didn't need the Gamestop app afterwards for anything.
This is correct. You only need the app to get the key, not run the game (assuming that game activates on Steam, Origin, etc.).

Alternatively, once you purchase an item, live chat with a Gamestop rep. They can usually give you the key without needing to install the app at all.

You may find it interesting that Trine 2 Complete just became part of Humble Indie Bundle 9.  In fact, it's really an excellent bundle in general.  And you don't have to go through Gamestop!

bread's done
Back