Toronto CAGs: Lair (PS3) on sale now at Yonge/Eg Futureshop

zyblorg

CAGiversary!
EDIT: Dur. Although online the release date is Sept. 4, it seems as though it's out everywhere today. My bad. Please lock.

If anyone out there wants to pick up this poorly reviewed game five days early, it's on sale right now (as of 3pm) at the Yonge/Eglinton Futureshop location. Perhaps they were making up for not having any copies of Warhawk.

I'll buy it when it gets a discount. It's hard to believe that factor 5 would mess up a rail shooter - that has been their bread and butter for a long time now.

[quote name='scary perry']I'll buy it when it gets a discount. It's hard to believe that factor 5 would mess up a rail shooter - that has been their bread and butter for a long time now.[/quote]
i thought that too but the gameplay is pretty messed up. i still would give it like a 5.5/10 but the gameplay ruins the whole experience. It's a cool game to show off though for the visuals

[quote name='scary perry']I'll buy it when it gets a discount. It's hard to believe that factor 5 would mess up a rail shooter - that has been their bread and butter for a long time now.[/quote]

Yeah and they did so well with the Rogue series too. I guess the sixaxis-only killed it.

[quote name='scary perry']I'll buy it when it gets a discount. It's hard to believe that factor 5 would mess up a rail shooter - that has been their bread and butter for a long time now.[/QUOTE]
Its not really a rails shooter since you are flying around a big open area, not just on one "rail"

Also the controls aren't bad. They work.

The game is awesome IMO.

Yeah, I went to BB to trade in some games and like always I had way more credit than I expected.

$15 - PSP Daxter, PSP Ratchet, PSP Syphon
$20 - PSP Crush
$30 - PS3 F1

So I got Lair and Elite Beat Agents.

Lair is OK. Framerate issues are bigger problem than controls. I had no problem getting bronze medals on the first six-seven mission. Not frustrating at all.

The level with the rhinos was super easy - one reviewer said it was impossible.

What a joke. I would have gold on every level but I take my time and miss the time targets.

[quote name='scary perry']The level with the rhinos was super easy - one reviewer said it was impossible.

What a joke. I would have gold on every level but I take my time and miss the time targets.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. I wonder if reviewers were playing the same game after looking at the scores.

bread's done
Back