Toronto Future Shop Trade-Ins start...TODAY!!!

Interesting I had no idea Toronto was having this problem because I'm fairly certain it works for the store in Mississauga as I have seen used games there.

Yep missisauga can do used games. Its a strange Toronto only problem, something to do with blockbuster blocking the license for tradeins for a period of time or something.

Neksus the tivs can only be accessed at FS.

The problem is that every FS outside of TO can do it, but TO stores had to get by some weird bylaw to get through. Something in the lines of acquiring a pawn shop license to take in the preowned stuff (all EBs have them too) but TO city hall stopped giving them out (or giving them at a much slower rate, just like strip clubs, if the license was easy, Toronto would be full of retards trying to make it big with those two enterprises), so FS has to do a dog and pony show and jump through some hoops to get one for each TO store. I know a few other stores in Canada (somewhere in the prairies I think) can't do this because of some bylaw like that.

But from past experiences you'll know 100% that TO staff will not be trained or ready for this. Get ready for a lot of "umm... lemme get my manager" which won't help because management don't give training anymore it's all done on the computer (which doesn't help much either) and a lot of "umm... ok gimme a sec.... *reading the manual*...".

Also the used games selection (I'm speaking from going to Dixie/Dundas a lot) suck complete ass.

But on the plus side, crappy games with high TIVs! They just gotta make that trade credit be tax free (hah! never) and they're good to go.

[quote name='kathos']I know a few other stores in Canada (somewhere in the prairies I think) can't do this because of some bylaw like that.[/QUOTE]
Winnipeg. :(

[quote name='Winnopeg']Winnipeg. :([/quote]
Brandon :(

At least in Brandon BBV, Microplpay take trade ins though. I think someone mentioned BBV in Winnipeg not taking trade-ins still :S

We have the same bi-law thing here in Vaughan.

In Toronto stores have to carry a pawn shop license. Here in Vaughan individual employees need one, which is why no EB Games in Vaughan does trade-ins. They're too cheap to pay for licenses for all their employees.

Good to know FS in Tdot is doing it now. Wonder what the sitch here in Vaughan is like

So... has anyone actually tried trading in games at a FS in Toronto? I'm thinking of going to Yonge/Dundas sometime and trading in GTA 4 & COD 4. I'm saving up for a PS3 :)

^
I'm trying to save up for a desktop PC...haha

I traded in MLB 08: The Show for $22.50 at the Kennedy/Lawrence FS. It took a while; had to go back and forth from the Ent. department and the CS desk since they were instructing me to do the wrong things.

Couldn't trade in my GH: WT 360 for $22.50 though, since it had no barcode and was labeled 'Not for Resale.' Oh well, I didn't fuss about it, it makes sense I guess.

I wish T.O. FS locations had the trade-ins a bit early; I wanted to trade my PS3 Far Cry 2 to them for $37 before.

Has anybody tried doing any trade-ins at Yonge/Dundas or in Toronto in general?

I checked the futureshop website and it doesn't list any stores in Toronto at all. =\

bread's done
Back