Toshiba HD-DVD player $179 with 10 movies at amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

oni-link

CAGiversary!
I recently bought an HD-DVD player for $179 at amazon.com with 10 free hd-dvd movies. Not a bad deal considering the buy 1 get one free offer that amazon offers. With free shipping and tax it's defintly a bargain.

Wrong forum or not, thanks for pointing this out. The Amazon DVD selection was adequate enough for me to finally "jump in", without the help of my 360, thank you very much. The mail-in five, however...that's going to require a little more thought and 'lesser of two evils' thinking, I'm afraid.

I aint sure i understand your post, are you saying you got 13 movies in stead of 10 due to the BOGO offer ?

2 -included with dvd player
5 - via mail in rebate
3 - pick from amazon( then an additional three free via BOGO)

total of 13

I can't say I'm too impressed with either HD-DVD or Bluray player prices yet. Yes, HD-DVD makes the cheaper players, but let's say you have a 1080p screen ( which I do. ), then you're pretty much paying the same price for both. Heck, actually a little cheaper for Bluray.

I'm debating whether to get one within the next month. It's after Christmas, so hopefully some After-Xmas deals will change my mind. HD-DVD, Bluray...I don't particularly care as long as I get a 1080p picture for cheap.

Come on sub-$200 1080p players!

[quote name='BrandonMills']I can't say I'm too impressed with either HD-DVD or Bluray player prices yet. Yes, HD-DVD makes the cheaper players, but let's say you have a 1080p screen ( which I do. ), then you're pretty much paying the same price for both. Heck, actually a little cheaper for Bluray.

I'm debating whether to get one within the next month. It's after Christmas, so hopefully some After-Xmas deals will change my mind. HD-DVD, Bluray...I don't particularly care as long as I get a 1080p picture for cheap.

Come on sub-$200 1080p players![/QUOTE]
We just got the philips 5982 (about $50), which upconverts standard DVD to 1080p. A friend with both Blu-ray and HDDVD was jealous that Planet Earth looked better upconverted than on Blu-ray. A lot of it depends on the Tv.

You really don't get any better picture quality with 1080p on HD-DVD movies. It's kind of a waste of $$ paying extra for a 1080p HD-DVD player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back