Toshiba HD-DVD player $399 + 4 Free HD-DVD's

Flushola

CAGiversary!
I saw this today as I was searching for a new laptop. $100 price drop on the Toshiba 1080i HD-DVD player for $399 plus 4 free HD-DVD's with purchase. Available both in-store and online.

damn u op... lol... my credit card is sore, but i really would like to jump on this player and sell the hddvds on ebay and just rent the hd dvds from my blockbuster online thing.

[quote name='Flushola']I saw this today as I was searching for a new laptop. $100 price drop on the Toshiba 1080i HD-DVD player for $399 plus 4 free HD-DVD's with purchase. Available both in-store and online.[/quote]

This was listed in the weekly price threads.

I don't want you guys to think that I've been slacking.;)

Plus Toshiba has a mail in offer for 5 more Free HD-DVDs.

Before you feel happy about 5-free movies from Toshiba, let me tell you that it'll take forever to receive those movies................

At least 8 - 12 weeks ....

[quote name='thehoo']1080i? I'm no expert, but why not 1080p?[/quote]
Until we get to 24p players and displays (current 1080p units are still 30p), there actually is very little difference between 1080i and 1080p. 1080p HD DVD (and Blu-Ray) players get there by converting the 1080p/24 on the disc into 1080i/48, performing an inverse 3:2 pulldown to get to 1080i/60, then deinterlacing to 1080p/30. The only way a 1080i output player differes is that the final deinterlacing step is done by the display. If your display's deinterlacer sucks ass, this can be a problem, but most are decent nowadays, and there's no discernable difference.

But if you do want it, it's available, via the $419 HD-A20 or the $579 HD-XA2 on amazon. Both will do 1080p, and the XA2 is expected to get a firmware update to 24p at some point. And of course, both come with the 5 free HD DVDs from Toshiba (though not the 4 from BB).

[quote name='animemaniac14']for $400 i'd rather get an upconverting 1080p player o_O

but that's just me....[/quote]

Then the HD-A20 is your player. Great 1080p upconversion of SD DVD, with HD DVD playback as an added bonus.

bread's done
Back