Tough 360-related dilemma

Arkay Firestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So folks, I just decided to use my 2-year replacement plan at BB for my 360. Best thing I ever spent money on too, because the damn thing decides to start freezing with garbled lines on the screen every few play sessions (no red ring yet, I believe its a Falcon, so maybe it has a little more fight left in it).

Now I'll send it back, and they'll give me a voucher/gift card for the amount I spent on it at the time ($350), but I find myself with a dilemma. I have about 10-12 games, a lot of great ones (Halo 3, CoD 4, Fable 2, GTA 4, Bioshock, etc), and I'm a sports gaming fan and that basically means that when Madden 2010 comes out or Fight Night 4 is out, I'll be majorly craving a 360, but I'm also realizing that I don't play it much anymore.

I have a killer PC I put together 6 months ago, the thing is still super-top-of-the-line. Also, there are a few PS3 games I have my eyes on, like The Last Guardian and Uncharted 2.

I also want an iPhone 3GS, and the voucher could cover it and more and Best Buy DOES sell them...

Help me out guys, I just need to hear how other 360-owners feel about their systems at the moment, what you guys would do in my situation based on what's coming, where we are in the gen-cycle, etc.

I'm leaning towards NOT rebuying a 360, because I'm sure I'd use an iPhone more, or maybe I'd get that HD video camera I've wanted for such a long time... sigh... and then, what the heck do I do with all these good games?

I usually don't like these kinds of posts, asking people to help make decisions, but I really have no idea which way to go with this, and maybe there's some game or upcoming thing I'm not thinking about that will help me out...

You don't need the 360 from what you are saying, if you do own a ps3 as the games you are wanting are available. If the 360 games are "good" as you put it then you should sell it here or craigslist with ebay as a last resort. Besides if you don't play games much like you used to, get the cellphone already ;)

Splinter Cell Conviction, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Bioshock 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Army of Two the 40th Day, Tekken 6, Prototype
Halo 3 ODST, The Bigs 2, Halo: Reach, NCAA Football 2010, COD: Modern Warfare 2, Crackdown 2, NBA 2K10, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, I Am Alive, Alan Wake, Red Dead Redemption, NCAA Football 10, and Madden 10

If you decide to keep your 360, these are just some of the games slated to come out within a year, some of them are already out. I would keep the 360 but if you want/need an iPhone more I don't know what to tell you.

I would keep the 360. You never know when your going to want to play those games again. Besides, I only use my 360 for gaming half the time, I use it a lot to watch Netflix and other downloaded media. Plus Natal is coming out as well as the other cool Facebook and HD Radio apps. I think the 360 is going places here in the next few years.

Also I think a big portion of it (at least for me) would depend on what your friends have. A 360, or a PS3.

[quote name='seen']^Almost all the titles you listed coming out will be released for the PS3 as well.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well didn't see that he had a PS3 and if you have one, yeah most of those will be coming out for it too. Just a short list I put together but like I said unreal number of games coming out and I would keep both systems but that's just me.

Don't ask random strangers on a message board for advice.

We know little to nothing about you and should not be a factor in decisions about your personal life.

[quote name='Keavy_Rain']Don't ask random strangers on a message board for advice.

We know little to nothing about you and should not be a factor in decisions about your personal life.[/QUOTE]

Dumb.

I agree with Rain.

I would buy another 360 with no doubt about it, but if a camera or an iPhone are going to get used by you a lot more than the Xbox ever would, go with one of those.

bread's done
Back