Toy Story 3 BD+DVD Pre-order now $24.99 @ Amazon

Kerig

Target won BF'23 w/$350 consoles
Feedback
85 (100%)

Also still eligible for $10 off this and another listed title in their available selections list. Best deal to combine with is Up ($17.99) or Monsters, Inc. ($19.99)

I've never dealt with the pre-order price guarantee before. If I pre-ordered when it was $28.99 do I have to E-mail them to see it reflect the new price in my order history now or will it happen automatically? Currently it still says $28.99 on my order page.

UPDATE: Amazon doesn't seem to stick to their policy of automatically updating your pre-order price, it's best to contact them for the adjustment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for TRU to see if they do the $10 preorder bonus for something else (Like Fantasia or Mater's Tall Tales) to bite on this. Those deals, when chained along, are epic.

[quote name='Kerig']
I've never dealt with the pre-order price guarantee before. If I pre-ordered when it was $28.99 do I have to E-mail them to see it reflect the new price in my order history now or will it happen automatically? Currently it still says $28.99 on my order page.[/QUOTE]

They'll automatically update the price, I shop on Amazon all the time.

I used the $8 coupon that was on Amazon a while back so it'll be $16.99 for me without having to buy anything else, I hope it goes down to $20 :D

Awesome, I bit on the deal when they were taking $10 off of both Prince of Persia & this one, so my price will now be $14.99 on this. :)

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Waiting for TRU to see if they do the $10 preorder bonus for something else (Like Fantasia or Mater's Tall Tales) to bite on this.[/QUOTE]

'Mater's Tall Tales' is a definite "not gonna happen" since it comes out on the same day. ;)

[quote name='pholly']They'll automatically update the price, I shop on Amazon all the time.

I used the $8 coupon that was on Amazon a while back so it'll be $16.99 for me without having to buy anything else, I hope it goes down to $20 :D[/QUOTE]

True but you need to keep an eye on it. There have been many times that Amazon has not lowered there price and I've had to email them to get it adjusted.

the best price for these is always at B&M stores. Disney is pretty awesome and always gives us $10 coupons, and on release week Disney blu-rays are 22-25$, making them 12-15.

amazon isnt the way to go this time

[quote name='postulio']the best price for these is always at B&M stores. Disney is pretty awesome and always gives us $10 coupons, and on release week Disney blu-rays are 22-25$, making them 12-15.

amazon isnt the way to go this time[/QUOTE]

Since you're psychic can you give me the lottery numbers for this week too:bouncy:

[quote name='pholly']Since you're psychic can you give me the lottery numbers for this week too:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Uhm, in this case, postulio is absolutely right-- Disney's coupons have made B&M purchases consistently better for the last year or more for release week Bluray prices. Amazon can have some interesting combos, but for just picking up TS3 it is probably 99% likely that B&M prices will be better.

I (along with a lot of other people) got burned last year when Up and Monsters, Inc were easily obtainable at B&M for like $15-$20 for BOTH and Amazon charged $40ish and wouldn't honor any of the coupons. That was the end of pre-ordering for me on Amazon.

As for the pre-order price guarantee-- keep an eye on your orders; they are supposed to automatically adjust it but I have had a LOT of problems with them doing it and I have to keep on them to give me a refund. (Amazon's latest trick is to wait until day AFTER release to drop the price, which means you're ineligible for a refund) Unless it's something you MUST have on day of release, most of the time you're safest to wait and order on the day after release for the best price.

[quote name='argyle']Awesome, I bit on the deal when they were taking $10 off of both Prince of Persia & this one, so my price will now be $14.99 on this. :)[/QUOTE]

Same here :bouncy:

It didn't auto-adjust yet, so I just finished a quick Live Chat online and they adjusted it for me. after $10 discount, this will make TS3 & Up $16.49 shipped each. TRU can suck it :lol:

[quote name='Justin42']Uhm, in this case, postulio is absolutely right-- Disney's coupons have made B&M purchases consistently better for the last year or more for release week Bluray prices. Amazon can have some interesting combos, but for just picking up TS3 it is probably 99% likely that B&M prices will be better.

I (along with a lot of other people) got burned last year when Up and Monsters, Inc were easily obtainable at B&M for like $15-$20 for BOTH and Amazon charged $40ish and wouldn't honor any of the coupons. That was the end of pre-ordering for me on Amazon.

As for the pre-order price guarantee-- keep an eye on your orders; they are supposed to automatically adjust it but I have had a LOT of problems with them doing it and I have to keep on them to give me a refund. (Amazon's latest trick is to wait until day AFTER release to drop the price, which means you're ineligible for a refund) Unless it's something you MUST have on day of release, most of the time you're safest to wait and order on the day after release for the best price.[/QUOTE]As long as there's a $10 coupon to be had for Amazon, I'll stick with Amazon as long as it's close enough for the B&M price with tax.

I've also had issues with Amazon auto-adjusting items for me, so I always send them an email, note that this is for the pre-order price guarantee and that I have numerous issues with auto-adjusted prices.

As I don't plan to fuck over TRU with making pre-orders and canceling them, I'm more than happy with the Amazon pricing after their $10 coupon.

Was the $8 coupon unique or was it just a codeword you had to enter?

If it was generic, would be great if someone didn't mind sharing it with me. :)

[quote name='mkm1998']Was the $8 coupon unique or was it just a codeword you had to enter?

If it was generic, would be great if someone didn't mind sharing it with me. :)[/QUOTE]
Unique.

I got them to update the price, but I was informed this was a one time deal and they are breaking standard policy to reduce my order $4

[quote name='UberSwiss']I got them to update the price, but I was informed this was a one time deal and they are breaking standard policy to reduce my order $4[/QUOTE]

Wow really they said that? I mean it's part of the pre order policy. Like Strike I had to email them many times to either get money back or to have them adjust it. So don't always believe "Amazon will automatically adjust it."

I usually give them a few days to fix it and if they don't then I either email them or cancel and reorder for the cheaper price.

[quote name='UberSwiss']I got them to update the price, but I was informed this was a one time deal and they are breaking standard policy to reduce my order $4[/QUOTE]It's not a one-time deal and they're not breaking standard policy.

The price is supposed to auto-update within 24-48 hours, though more than 75% of my orders with the pre-order price guarantee on them don't update. I always email them and more times than not, it takes two emails to get them to fix it.

Link to the terms of the Pre-Order Price Guarantee:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AWT354OR7BM1U

Spelled out:
[quote name='From Amazon.com']
Pre-order Price Guarantee
Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date. A pre-order price guarantee message will appear on your Order Summary during the checkout process. If you use 1-Click ordering, pre-order price protection will be automatically applied. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

Terms and Conditions:

• Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site. Does not apply to any products purchased at Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.ca, or any other web site operated by Amazon.com or its affiliates.
  • Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to not-yet-released books, CDs, videos, DVDs, software, and video games sold by Amazon.com. It does not apply to other product lines or to items that have already been released.
  • Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product detail pages. Items that do not display the offer message do not qualify, regardless of the nature of the items.
  • If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.
[/quote]See the bolded section. As it's been more than 24 hours since the drop, anyone's order should have automatically been updated. I'm betting that we have more than a few people that still have it at $28.99.

This is why you always have to email them, since their system doesn't work as advertised.

Here's the complete e-mail:

"Hello,

I understand your concern regarding the recent price change of "Toy Story 3 (Four-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)". I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that your items haven't shipped yet.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and will reduce the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $24.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

Please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy.

More information on our pricing policies can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=468502

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon."

I hope everyone who pre ordered Toy Story 3 emails them, because their system seems to be not working...

Yeesh:

You are now connected to Rajdeep from Amazon.com.

Me:

Hi...I placed an order a while back: XXX-XXXXXXXXXX

Rajdeep:Hello, my name is Rajdeep. I'll be happy to help you.

Me:in it, i ordered Toy Story Blu-ray @ $28.99

Rajdeep: May I have the name on your account?

Me:It has dropped in price, and I would like to use the pre-order price guarantee to have my price adjusted to the lower price --- Rig

Rajdeep:Thank you. Your email address is Rig@rigrigrigrig, is it correct?

Me:Yep.

Rajdeep:Thank you for verification.

Please allow me few minutes so that I can check the information for you.

Me:Thanks.

Rajdeep:Thank you for your patience.
I'd like to inform that, Amazon doesn’t offer a price match guarantee. We do spend considerable effort to ensure our prices are the lowest in the marketplace at any time. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you’ll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

Me:"Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price."

That's on the Toy Story 3 product page
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XKPPOU/ref=ox_ya_os_product#productPromotions

Rajdeep:Alright, I've edit the price to $24.99 for this product.

Me:Thank you very much!

Rajdeep:Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:That should be it...thanks again.

Rajdeep:Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!

:lol: About the *only* issue I ever have with Amazon is on this damn issue. Happens with nearly everything I preorder...

What a coincidence! My E-mail is Kerig@kerigkerigkerigkerig

My experience went much smoother, but then again, I lead the conversion off with something close to:

"My pre-order item is $4 cheaper today, I would like to have the price adjusted on my order with the pre-order price guarantee before it ships out to me".

That spackles up most of the translation/policy holes that can occur when not spelling it out for them.

I emailed amazon the morning the price dropped (since I have an order from the coupon glitch with batb, pop, christmas carol and ts3) and the first guy insisted it would happen automatically. I just emailed them again later on saying I didn't want the price to go back up and miss the cheaper price and that their system didn't do it yet so the guy adjusted it no questions asked

I cancelled my Amazon pre-order because TRU was the way to go! Disney Mfr Coupon w/ a pre-order bonus at TRU...I got Beauty and the Beast for less than $5 when I pre-ordered Toy Story 3. Hoping to do the same with Fantasia. If not, I should still be able to get TS3 for less than $15 with only the Disney coupon.

Why go though the bother of emailing them? If you pre-order and the price drops between your pre-order date and the release date, you'll get the lowest price and you will be refunded the difference from the amount that it was at when you pre-ordered. I've never had a problem with this.

29wsf80.jpg

WTF? Expires 1 week from street date.

hope that $8 coupon goes live soon or worst case i miss the coupon when it was up =(

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Why go though the bother of emailing them? If you pre-order and the price drops between your pre-order date and the release date, you'll get the lowest price and you will be refunded the difference from the amount that it was at when you pre-ordered. I've never had a problem with this.[/QUOTE]That makes sense, until you realize....

[quote name='jacknicklson']Price drops can last hours in which the system might not catch it
Has happened to me several times[/QUOTE]
Same here. I always email them because I've had multiple times where price drops happened, stayed down and nothing happened with the automatic adjustments. I always email them for any drop.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Why go though the bother of emailing them? If you pre-order and the price drops between your pre-order date and the release date, you'll get the lowest price and you will be refunded the difference from the amount that it was at when you pre-ordered. I've never had a problem with this. I've had an order that dropped in price for days before shipping and have had to contact Amazon for an adjustment because it wasn't done automatically. [/QUOTE]

That's what is supposed to happen -- Amazon is supposed to give you the lowest price if the price drops before your order ships. Problem is that Amazon has been bad on that lately. I've already had to message Amazon about this before.

bread's done
Back