Toy Story 3

It's got a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes right now, just like the past 2. This movie looks absolutely incredible. I'll be seeing it multiple times for sure.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']What about Cars?[/QUOTE]

Cars gets shit on all the time, but it's really not that bad of a movie. Sure, it's rather unoriginal, but if any other studio had put it out, it wouldn't be getting kicked around so much. It's obviously not their best, but it's still an entertaining and visually attractive movie.

C'mon. No one else is hesitant? Even just a little? Toy Story 2 felt fairly quick-cash-in to me, and had so little charm of the original. Pixar knows it's a popular series, which only fuels the idea that they could be phoning it in.

I mean I want to see this badly, and will probably do so a few times. Just a hint of skepticism at the moment.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Cars gets shit on all the time, but it's really not that bad of a movie. Sure, it's rather unoriginal, but if any other studio had put it out, it wouldn't be getting kicked around so much. It's obviously not their best, but it's still an entertaining and visually attractive movie.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. It is so underrated. I thought it was OK the first time but after seeing it many many many times it has grown on me and I love it now. Lots of subtle humor and a pretty good story too. I'm not sure why it gets all of the shit - I thought UP and Ratatouille were not nearly as good as Cars (but I still enjoyed them).

I'm really looking forward to Toy Story 3 - my son LOVES Toy Story and Toy Story 2 so it should be fun when we take him on Sunday.

The game is supposed to actually be great too .

The was an article in Game Informer about it recently .
The Toy Box mode looks like GTA for kids .

Yeah I'm tempted to pick it up but I know I won't get a chance to play it a lot with my backlog so I think I'll wait till its cheaper.

As for those of you who saw Toy Story 3...did they have a teaser for Cars 2 attached?

Agree with thread. Looking forward to it, thought Cars was formulaic (and they're making a sequel :( ). However, one bad movie out of a string of knock-outs is damned impressive.

LoL. My friend made the comment the other day:

I've waited 13 years to see this movie, and most people in the audience are 1/2 that age. :lol:

I'm trying to figure out when would be the best time to see it in hopes of having less children in the theater. I can only imagine what the theater is like right now.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I'm trying to figure out when would be the best time to see it in hopes of having less children in the theater. I can only imagine what the theater is like right now.[/QUOTE]

Just came back and it was filled with mostly little kids

but nonetheless, the movie was AMAZING

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']What about Cars?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed both "Toy Story" movies. A LOT. Even enjoyed "Cars."

"Monsters Inc." was my "Cars." Total letdown. Maybe it was just me, though. :)

Man toy story was and always will be my favorite movie of all time. 2 was okay but the whole woody being a collectors item thing was ehhh. I'm going to see it soon. Its one movie I actually want to see in 3D.

Also chiming in that Cars sucked.

I saw the first one way back when, I don't think I ever saw 2 though. Still not sure if I'm really interested in seeing this. I'm very picky about what movies I see in the theaters these days.

Saw it at midnight, loved it. Seeing it again tonight with 2 different friends, anticipate loving it even more. Half of the appeal of this movie is nostalgia for me. I was 10 years old when the first one came out. As for Cars, it's my least favorite Pixar movie, and I'd still give it probably an 8.5/10. It's just as charming and fun as basically any other Pixar movie, it just isn't as great and original as a Wall-E or Up.

looking forward to seeing this. The first one was great, the second one was good but not as great as the first but this one looks to be really good.

Another Cars fan here. I didn't care for it too much in the theatre, but with a 5 year old son I have seen it innumerable times on DVD and it has grown on me. Might not be the most original, but I can sit down and watch it anytime, which is more than I can say for Ratatouille.

Best trilogy of all time.

Better than LOTR and Star Wars. :razz:

About the only thing I was a little annoyed with in this one (not much of a spoiler, if you've seen the trailers):

What's with the *extremely* similar dialogue at the beginning of the movie? These are not verbatim, but:

TS1: "We're getting replaced?!" "No one's getting replaced!"
TS3: "We're getting thrown away?!" "No one's getting thrown away!"

Or something. Seemed like every line in the first 20 minutes or so was very close to what they said in TS1. Dunno if it was just to be funny or what, but it kinda annoyed me.

I saw the movie with the kids and wife yesterday morning (11:35AM).

Toy Story 3 was better than Toy Story 2. I can't say whether it is better than the original. Part of the original's charm is the development of the relationship between Woody and Buzz. This movie was more about an established family sticking together and overcoming impossible obstacles together.

You will be watching the movie in the company of dozens if not hundreds of kids for a few weeks. Get over them or accept the wait.

While I won't watch it again in theaters, I'll be buying the DVD.

Now, back to crapping on Cars. Cars is beneath the Toy Story trilogy, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., Up, The Incredibles and Wall-E. I haven't put enough effort into a Bug's Life to judge it. It came out before my oldest was born and it is old enough neither of my kids pester me to see it. The goal of Cars' protagonist (win a race) is on par with the goal of Ratatouille's protagonist (cook food well) and makes both movies shallow.

I like Cars because up until 1.5 years ago, my grandparents lived in a place that might as well have been called Radiator Springs. So it hit home in a rather personal way, which forced a different sort of response than Pixar films tended to do (until Wall-E and Up, respectively). I think it looks nice and has enough amusing parts to put it firmly in the "ok" category, and easily better than most films from other studios, animation or not.

Besides, I give them props for fleshing out the world in a fairly believable way. I.e., look at Madagascar. It's like they gave up halfway through designing the main characters ("wacky" mane on the lion sliding into fairly generic animal models). Cars, though, has a lot of nice touches to further inject its overall motif into - the "cow" tractors are the most immediate example. Pixar stuck to this design work and it works throughout the entire framework of the movie, where as most other studios would crap out and not care.

Just seems like the movie as a whole garners a lot more hate than I think is warranted, and I'm guessing a lot of that comes solely from The Cable Guy being a voice, despite that he did a competent job, and Pixar - knowing he'd be popular - decided to base most of the advertising around him. Which is a shame, because there's more meaning to the movie than that.

(Note: Madagascar sucks by the way.)

Bug's Life is the worst Pixar movie. No contest. I put Toy Story 2 in the lower echelon as well, hence why I'm still concerned on this new one.

Finally, a note about Ratatouille: the human sections are some of the best things Pixar has ever done. Linguini is perfectly acted and animated, as well as Skinner (the short head chef). You can't tell me those guys are hilarious to watch every time. Meanwhile, I can't fucking stand the shit with the rat family, ESPECIALLY the ending. It makes me want to puke. Same with the "dog"fighting in Up. Yeah, that's kind of a clever thing, but Pixar relies far too heavily on "wacky band of characters doing wacky things." Hell, even Wall-E breaks into that, and it's just a cheap palette switch for Toy Story. They've shown they can be leagues ahead of that trick, and they really should keep that up.

Still, hope to see TS3 soon. Positive reviews on here give me more hope.

Just saw it and it is wonderful. Growing up with the Toy Story movies and being close to Andy's age myself this movie really resonated with me. The entire time I was either laughing my ass off or feeling like I wanted to cry. I have never seen a movie that really made me feel this way. I'm with Rig; Best.Trilogy. Ever.

[quote name='Strell']IBug's Life is the worst Pixar movie. No contest. I put Toy Story 2 in the lower echelon as well, hence why I'm still concerned on this new one.[/QUOTE]

I know this is the beauty of opinions, and I respect one person's opinion on movies as well as another's, but while you consider A Bug's Life the worst, I consider it one of the best. For one, along with Monsters Inc, it's definitely the most underrated Pixar movie. It has some of the most interesting casts of characters in a Pixar movie, including what I consider to be the best villain Pixar has ever done, Hopper, who is voice amazingly by Kevin Spacey.

It's hard to connect with bugs, since they're bugs, but there's something very likable about Flik (the main character), and the Circus bugs are all very great characters, each with their own fun little quirks.

It's definitely not Pixar's LANDMARK BEST FILM OF ALL TIME (I'm pretty sure that's Up or Toy Story), but it was a nice sign of things to come, like Toy Story was them showing up and making a great film, and A Bug's Life was them saying 'We can do other subject matter and still make a movie that's touching and hilarious with great characters and subject matter that you wouldn't normally be entertained by.'

Anybody else pissed off about
them writing Little Bo Peep out like that
? While its completely understandable, don't you think that
Woody and the gang would have done SOMETHING to prevent it
? I don't know, maybe I'm just being petty.

This movie was amazing though. Simply amazing. Definitely better than 2.

[quote name='Strell']Bug's Life is the worst Pixar movie. No contest. I put Toy Story 2 in the lower echelon as well, hence why I'm still concerned on this new one.
[/QUOTE]

No way. Ratatouille is by far the worst Pixar movie.

I'm with Strell; A Bug's Life is my least favorite of everything they've done. I also think Monster's Inc. and Finding Nemo are a little lower on the scale for me. And maybe Cars. That's probably the "low tier" for me. Cars has grown on me after watching it three or so times.

Funny thing is, I don't think any of their movies has been bad. All have been "good to fantastic". Which is an amazing feat for any movie company.

Bug's Life is my least favorite as well. And it's crazy the amount of Cars and Ratatouille hate out there, with those two being in my top 5 favorite pixar movies (Ratatouille being my favorite). And my least favorite being Bug's Life and Up.

Toy Story 3 was a really great Toy Story movie. From all the "masterpiece" reviews though, I was expecting something much different and perfected. But it sticked with the traditional Pixar formula and played it safe. Still good though. I'm probably getting jaded towards Pixar films now though... I'm more impressed by the insane perfection of the visuals.

Just got back from seeing it with my wife and two kids for $7 TOTAL. The tickets were $6 each for the morning special and the counter jockey still applied $8.50 off for each ticket ($17 total). Those Toy Story 1 and 2 Blu-Ray deals from earlier in the year rule.

Movie was really good. I'll be getting it on blu-ray when it comes out for sure.

As far as I'm concerned, its the best movie of the year (so far). Along with some others, I'd place it above the Star Wars and LOTR trilogies as well. I guess it also helps that I cried so much at the end, which just about never happens when I watch a movie.

Personally, I thought The Incredibles sucked major ass... I remember seeing it after it released on DVD and wondering what the heck all the hype was about. I only cracked a smile twice. Saw TS3 on Friday night and thought it was great though... Totally worth the 11 year wait. And yes, I teared up a bit at both the beginning and end of the movie.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Bug's Life is my least favorite as well. And it's crazy the amount of Cars and Ratatouille hate out there, with those two being in my top 5 favorite pixar movies (Ratatouille being my favorite). And my least favorite being Bug's Life and Up.

Toy Story 3 was a really great Toy Story movie. From all the "masterpiece" reviews though, I was expecting something much different and perfected. But it sticked with the traditional Pixar formula and played it safe. Still good though. I'm probably getting jaded towards Pixar films now though... I'm more impressed by the insane perfection of the visuals.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know there was Ratatouille hate, but I almost walked out of Cars. It was so boring and dumb.

The Incredibles was the last Pixar film I saw before TS3. I know everyone says they're not kids movies and are for everyone, but after a certain age I had no interest in Cars, Rat movie, or Up.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The Incredibles was the last Pixar film I saw before TS3. I know everyone says they're not kids movies and are for everyone, but after a certain age I had no interest in Cars, Rat movie, or Up.[/QUOTE]

You have to watch Up at least.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']You have to watch Up at least.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I didn't watch Up in theaters, but it was very good when I watched it on cable.

[quote name='advanced']Anybody else pissed off about
them writing Little Bo Peep out like that
? While its completely understandable, don't you think that
Woody and the gang would have done SOMETHING to prevent it
? I don't know, maybe I'm just being petty.[/QUOTE]
Why didn't she return? Did the voice actress not want to return or want too much money?

I got a little something in my eye when they mentioned
Wheezy being thrown away.
:[

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The Incredibles was the last Pixar film I saw before TS3. I know everyone says they're not kids movies and are for everyone, but after a certain age I had no interest in Cars, Rat movie, or Up.[/QUOTE]

Incredibles is by far the best Pixar film IMO. The characters are so real and relatable, and the dialogue is very "real" also. This alone makes it tops in my book.

[quote name='Rocko']Why didn't she return? Did the voice actress not want to return or want too much money?

I got a little something in my eye when they mentioned
Wheezy being thrown away.
:[[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but it was messed up to watch how they went about it. I mean, I don't know how I would have done it, but I was mad. Like,
Woody wouldn't try to save her? We couldn't have gotten a bit more information than that? Was she in the attic or something?

Oh, and Wheezy getting thrown out pissed me off too. Like, damn. I loved the little guy.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Yep, I cried.[/QUOTE]

No shame in that, brother. I did too. It was a crazy sad movie.

got dragged to the movie with my gf. it wasnt very good. and little kids make movies even more annoying, so that didnt help any.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']got dragged to the movie with my gf. it wasnt very good. and little kids make movies even more annoying, so that didnt help any.[/QUOTE]

Detailed opinion is detailed

bread's done
Back