Toys N Joys: The Verdict.

Got something from em... earlier this year or maybe late last year, it arrive fast/in good shape, as promised so... my experience was good. Not rich enough to buy a lot from em though.

[quote name='Collectorguy00']Not to derail your thread here, but what's your sig about?[/QUOTE]

Bad stuff.

georox, was it a popular widely available item you got from them?

Nabbed an Ikki Tousen (Battle Vixens) figure. At the time I believe it had just came out, not sure on how widely available they are.

That's probably something they either have a lot of on hand or would have no problems getting. Depending on what figure it was. Some of them are ultra-limited, and others are common as hell. If it was a Kanu figure, it was probably just the flavor of the week. There have been dozens of different Kanu figures...

I heard about stuff being listed as in stock on their site and then, after people order, they find out that it wasn't actually in stock. Then it takes a long time to get a refund if they decide to cancel their order. But I also heard some good stories, too. If I'm going to get something from them, I'll be getting something a bit rarer than the figure you got.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Oh well. I've never gotten anything from them, but I heard they're good. Funny you should mention them, though. I was going to get this doll from them at one point, but they're already sold out :(

[quote name='Chuplayer']Bad stuff.[/QUOTE]

So you're going to boycott something yet not tell anyone why when they ask about it?

That's really gonna get your message across there, champ.

I ordered from Toys n Joys once -- no problems at all. Shipping was pretty quick too, considering it came from Hawaii. I did call to confirm my items were in stock, so I'd recommend just checking with them before you order, but personally I was completely satisfied.

[quote name='Cmosfm']So you're going to boycott something yet not tell anyone why when they ask about it?

That's really gonna get your message across there, champ.[/quote]

Are you blind?

He's saying it in his sig. He's boycotting Digital Press (If you really don't know what the hell that is, do a god damn google search. That's what I did and I discovered the oh so magical site.) because of the blatant antisemitism. How more straightforward can it get?

wow...I knew there was a reason that digipress guy flipped out on me when I decided not to sell him a game... :lol: jk

anyway, I had a pretty bad experience with toysnjoys. I ordered a game that they said they had in stock (Ibara, back when it was more widely available.) They charged my credit card, then a month went by with no updates. I had to call a few times before I got my refund--they kept telling me it was going through, then it wouldn't.

These stories give me the same vibe that the old Buy Rite Games did...

As for the DP thing, really. How much more straightforward can I get? The only thing I have to say to elaborate on it is that they wouldn't have pissed me off so much if they weren't a brick and mortar store.

[quote name='Chuplayer']These stories give me the same vibe that the old Buy Rite Games did...

As for the DP thing, really. How much more straightforward can I get? The only thing I have to say to elaborate on it is that they wouldn't have pissed me off so much if they weren't a brick and mortar store.[/QUOTE]

Putting the story out there would let other people make a decision for themselves. For all we know, they aren't anti-semites, but anti-Chuplayerites. That may or may not be a valid position for them to be in.

I haven't been there in some time, but I remember their site being terribly inaccurate in regards to what's actually in stock.

[quote name='yourlefthand']Putting the story out there would let other people make a decision for themselves. For all we know, they aren't anti-semites, but anti-Chuplayerites. That may or may not be a valid position for them to be in.[/QUOTE]

The next time I go to a McCain rally, I'll be sure to write, in 5000 words, why I think Obama is an Islamic Arab terrorist, all on one side of a piece of poster paper.

Thanks for the response, Allnatural. I've heard a lot about how inaccurate they were in the past. Based on the sheer amount of holy grails I see on their site now, it seems likely they're still inaccurate.

I ordered from them 5 years ago. 3 items were ordered all were shown to be in stock. I got charged for all 3 and only 2 were delivered. I e-mailed them a few weeks later and was told the 3rd item was on backorder and magically get it a few days later. I have to wonder if I never contacted them, would I have ever gotten the item? That was my first and last order, I don't like companies that charge for items before they ship.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I ordered from them 5 years ago. 3 items were ordered all were shown to be in stock. I got charged for all 3 and only 2 were delivered. I e-mailed them a few weeks later and was told the 3rd item was on backorder and magically get it a few days later. I have to wonder if I never contacted them, would I have ever gotten the item? That was my first and last order, I don't like companies that charge for items before they ship.[/quote]
I ordered two games and only received one. I was only charged for the one, but they did overcharge me on the shipping.

Looks like a lot of people don't have recent experiences. Oh well. Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll just stay away from them. They really do seem too good to be true.

Ordered from them a couple of years ago, and the item I bought and paid for was not in-hand. This was an item listed as in-stock, not even a pre-order. I waited six months with still no product, and several emails from an Alex Le assuring me that the items would be there in a "few weeks". Took a while to get them to agree to cancel my order and give me a full refund (they tried to keep the shipping fees).

Avoid.

They tried to keep the shipping fee? For what? They didn't even spend any money to ship anything to you! They sound like asshats.

bread's done
Back