Toys R Us: 1/4-1/10

[quote name='Terabyte7']they're buy 1 get 1 half off until the 3rd...same value, you just don't have to buy as many[/quote]

I asked two employees about this and they said it only applied to DVDs. Wanted to go on a shopping spree but it does not apply. Anybody was lucky to get this to work?

[quote name='Terabyte7']I stand (or sit) corrected...the ad does specifically say DVD's. :([/quote]

I just got back right now and had them check if the sale applied to Blu-rays by having them ring up two Iron Man BDs but the discount was not applied. So the current sale only applies to DVDs.

I'll have to return Iron Man next week and buy one more along with it to get in on this buy two get one free sale.

[quote name='kyo27']its buy 1 get 1 half off on the website for blu rays, but their prices suck.[/quote]

Yeah, Blu-rays show up at buy 1 get one 50% off on the website.

Anyone know if TRU pricematches their online sales?

The TRU prices are always so extremely high it isn't funny, even for DVDs. I doubt I would be able to find one Blu-Ray movie under $30 there. So even if they were 'Buy 2 Get 1 Free', that would still add up to $20 each going by my $30 price.

This sale sucks. I went to the store and it's actually all Blu-Rays so that's good but barely anything was in stock...and all the prices were like $30. Pass. I'll go for the Amazon sale instead and hopefully they don't jack up the prices.

This was a good deal for me. I got Ratatouille, Cars, and Enchanted. I figure since it's 20 each on amazon each, that would be 60. It was 25 each at TRU, so that was $50 total and I have a $5 off 25 coupon, so my real total is $45.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Would anywhere else match this deal, and if so who has the best prices? I'm looking for Dark Knight, Wall-E, and Transformers.[/QUOTE]

Retail stores don't match Buy2Get1 deals, they only match actual prices.

[quote name='SDC']Retail stores don't match Buy2Get1 deals, they only match actual prices.[/QUOTE]

That's not true. I had Best Buy price match TRU's B3G1 Blu-ray promo last month. As far as I know: Best Buy, Circuit City, and Walmart PM. Stores won't match a promotion if a free item or gift card is given out.

[quote name='JediBaja']That's not true. I had Best Buy price match TRU's B3G1 Blu-ray promo last month. As far as I know: Best Buy, Circuit City, and Walmart PM. Stores won't match a promotion if a free item or gift card is given out.[/quote]

want to say that in a more confusing way?

Best buy will PM a deal such as B1G1 free, BUT WM won't, only PM on price.

I've tried at three and if WM doesn't see a price, they won't PM it.

(unless I have some very stuck up WM)

[quote name='JediBaja']That's not true. I had Best Buy price match TRU's B3G1 Blu-ray promo last month. As far as I know: Best Buy, Circuit City, and Walmart PM. Stores won't match a promotion if a free item or gift card is given out.[/QUOTE]

That's not always true either, though. Best Buy matched Wal-Mart's $100 gift card w/ blu-ray player purchasae over the summer.
I didn't know that BB matched B2G1 sales, though. I may have to look into that.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']Bring back the B1G1 free for Disney movies[/quote]

I think they learned their mistake from that last time...

I had BB pricematch this today, no problems. However, Walmarts claim that they will only pricematch advertised prices lower than theres, not 'promotions'.

[quote name='xycury']want to say that in a more confusing way?

Best buy will PM a deal such as B1G1 free, BUT WM won't, only PM on price.

I've tried at three and if WM doesn't see a price, they won't PM it.

(unless I have some very stuck up WM)[/QUOTE]

I apologize for my confusing post. My suggestion would be to try matching the deal at Best Buy, Circuit City, or Walmart. People's experiences vary (YMMV) so hopefully you get lucky and find a store that will honor Toys 'R' Us' promotion.

bread's done
Back