Toys R Us 12/7 - 12/13 Ad ---- Whole lotta stuff on sale

DrDarkStryfe

CAGiversary!
Every video game in the store on sale.

- Buy one game for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, or PS2 for $29.99 and up, and get a second game that $29.99 or up for $20 off. Includes software bundled with accessories, discounted game the cheaper one. You can mix and match within this deal.

- Buy any DS or PSP game $29.99 or up, get a second game $29.99 or up for $10 off. Includes anything bundled with an accessory, discounted game the cheaper one. You can mix and match within this deal.

- Buy any game $19.99 or less, get a second $19.99 or less title 50% off. All systems, can mix and match, discounted title the cheaper one.

Incredible bundle promotions.

- Save $40 when you purchase the Playstation 3 bundle. 80GB system, Blu Ray remote control, and your choice of Prince of Persia, Fallout 3, or DC vs Mortal Kombat.

- Save $40 when you purchase the Xbox 360 Pro bundle. Pro console, a second 1st party wireless controller, and your choice of Far Cry 2, Tomb Raider, or Gears of War 2.

- Save $60 when you purchase the Xbox 360 bundle. Arcade system, Guitar Hero 3 software, and the Wired Guitar controller.

- Save $30 when you purchase the DS bundle. Any color Nintendo DS, pink or purple Starter Kit, and your choice of Imagine Fasion, Wedding Designer, or Babysitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they ever had B1G1 50% off on PS3 games? I remember they did it for Wii games, but not other systems.

I just bought a PS3 so I'm looking for good deals, thanks for the info!

Sweet.. I think I have some stackable TRU coupons as well... Presents are always nice when I can get myself a game for $9.99 or free.

I went into my TRU yesterday and most of the good 360 titles were gone. Except Fallout 3 and the Last Remnant, they had a lot of those. =/ When do they normally restock? I might eye the Wii games this time around.

Funny how the sale applies to all the consoles and handhelds, but not PC games. =[

"Every video game in the store on sale." ?

What about the games that are $20 - $29.98? Those don't seem to be included in those promos. =)

WOW. If my calculations are correct, picking up two $29.99 titles and applying the discount comes out to 39.98 -- roughly $20 apiece. That pretty much matches a B2G1 deal.

Please, please, please let my TRU have some decent PS3 titles.

KB

So the 10/20% off thing is the meaning of "every video game in the store is on sale"? Or are the games going to be marked down from retail, AND that 10/20% off applies? I would be in for the marked down + 20% off, but I can get a better deal on eBay with 30% off everything with MS cashback.

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']WOW. If my calculations are correct, picking up two $29.99 titles and applying the discount comes out to 39.98 -- roughly $20 apiece. That pretty much matches a B2G1 deal.

Please, please, please let my TRU have some decent PS3 titles.

KB[/quote]

Problem is, what games priced at $29.99 to pick from?

Average to decent $29.99 PS3 games at TRU on the average, which may vary from store to store looking to clear out titles:

Ridge Racer 7
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Burnout Paradise
Assassin's Creed
Resistance: Fall of Man
Rainbow Six Vegas
The Orange Box
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
Turok
Army of Two
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Skate
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Blacksite: Area 51
Warhawk

i got a 20% off coupon in the mail. if i used that on the 29.99 and up deal, how would it apply? i was thinking of picking up a $29.99 game then get Valkyria Chronicles for $59.99 and hope i could apply the 20% off coupon on VC. but i dont know if it would apply before or after the $20 off deal

[quote name='Wario64']i got a 20% off coupon in the mail. if i used that on the 29.99 and up deal, how would it apply? i was thinking of picking up a $29.99 game then get Valkyria Chronicles for $59.99 and hope i could apply the 20% off coupon on VC. but i dont know if it would apply before or after the $20 off deal[/QUOTE]

yeah... VC looks good... im not sure if this deal is going to be THAT beneficial in terms of doing that coupon and that $20 off deal... the reply above ours is a good list of games... i scored most of those during black friday... if you dont already have them try those instead and wait for VC to pop up like i am on Amazon's 15 deals for 15 days... and hopefully it will show up at 35-40... heh

well I also have a $15 gift card as well, forgot to mention that...i think i could get VC around $20 or so with everything stacked. plus a $30 game...

Save $60 when you purchase the Xbox 360 bundle. Arcade system, Guitar Hero 3 software, and the Wired Guitar controller. wow what a merry christmas
santa.gif

[quote name='shinryuu']I went into my TRU yesterday and most of the good 360 titles were gone. Except Fallout 3 and the Last Remnant, they had a lot of those. =/ When do they normally restock? I might eye the Wii games this time around.[/quote]

We get games everyday from UPS, Fedex, etc.

[quote name='life.exe']We get games everyday from UPS, Fedex, etc.[/quote]
Thanks, guess I'll have to pop a visit again.

I was wondering about this: "Save $60 when you purchase the Xbox 360 bundle. Arcade system, Guitar Hero 3 software, and the Wired Guitar controller"

Does this mean save $60 if you buy an arcade bundle and buy GH3 w/ guitar OR does it mean save $60 off arcade bundle which is normally $199 and get the other stuff included?

- Save $40 when you purchase the Xbox 360 Pro bundle. Pro console, a second 1st party wireless controller, and your choice of Far Cry 2, Tomb Raider, or Gears of War 2.

Anyone think there will be a better deal then this coming before Christmas ?

[quote name='kobeisgod']I was wondering about this: "Save $60 when you purchase the Xbox 360 bundle. Arcade system, Guitar Hero 3 software, and the Wired Guitar controller"

Does this mean save $60 if you buy an arcade bundle and buy GH3 w/ guitar OR does it mean save $60 off arcade bundle which is normally $199 and get the other stuff included?[/QUOTE]
It's a bundle, so it includes all of that. You will save $60 if you buy that bundle rather than buying each one individually. Unfortunately it doesn't say a price, but I would assume its as much as the console itself ($199).

[quote name='shinryuu']It's a bundle, so it includes all of that. You will save $60 if you buy that bundle rather than buying each one individually. Unfortunately it doesn't say a price, but I would assume its as much as the console itself ($199).[/quote]

I hope you are right.

I fear that $139 for all of that is too good to be true.

So if I get $20 Bioshock and $30 Mass Effects with paypal $10 off $50, how much am I saving with this deal? Shipping is $7-8 :(

Anyone who works at TRU wanna help put together a $30 games list? Deal isn't really worth it if you hit games at $50/$60 but at $30 it's pretty solid.

[quote name='Wario64']i got a 20% off coupon in the mail. if i used that on the 29.99 and up deal, how would it apply? i was thinking of picking up a $29.99 game then get Valkyria Chronicles for $59.99 and hope i could apply the 20% off coupon on VC. but i dont know if it would apply before or after the $20 off deal[/quote]

Your 20% coupon would be used on VC, the $20 would come off your $29.99 game.

[quote name='shinryuu']It's a bundle, so it includes all of that. You will save $60 if you buy that bundle rather than buying each one individually. Unfortunately it doesn't say a price, but I would assume its as much as the console itself ($199).[/quote]

[quote name='kobeisgod']I was wondering about this: "Save $60 when you purchase the Xbox 360 bundle. Arcade system, Guitar Hero 3 software, and the Wired Guitar controller"

Does this mean save $60 if you buy an arcade bundle and buy GH3 w/ guitar OR does it mean save $60 off arcade bundle which is normally $199 and get the other stuff included?[/quote]

The ad does list a price of $199.

However, the wired guitar is the same guitar TRU sold during black friday for $10. My store sold out so I don't think we will even be able to sell this bundle at all next week unless we get another shipment of guitars in.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Average to decent $29.99 PS3 games at TRU on the average, which may vary from store to store looking to clear out titles:

Ridge Racer 7
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Burnout Paradise
Assassin's Creed
Resistance: Fall of Man
Rainbow Six Vegas
The Orange Box
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
Turok
Army of Two
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Skate
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Blacksite: Area 51
Warhawk[/QUOTE]

And almost all of these could be had for better prices at some point already.

[quote name='prim4444']The ad does list a price of $199.

However, the wired guitar is the same guitar TRU sold during black friday for $10. My store sold out so I don't think we will even be able to sell this bundle at all next week unless we get another shipment of guitars in.[/QUOTE]

$199 for the system with the Game + Guitar sounds right. $139 sounds like "don't get your hopes up..."

[quote name='prateeko']Anyone who works at TRU wanna help put together a $30 games list? Deal isn't really worth it if you hit games at $50/$60 but at $30 it's pretty solid.[/quote]

I'll try and look around when I go in tomorrow if I remember to, but seeing as I work at 7 am, there's a good chance I'm going to forget. I can tell you right now though that the 360 and PS3 lists won't be that big if every Toys R Us is like mine. I've only stocked games once (I've only worked there like a week and a half), but the general rule is the $30 games are the ones we keep in the hard clear plastic cases that they have to take off at the counter. Games over $30 would be anything that has a display box in the store with the real game kept behind the glass case at the register (which is almost every 360 and PS3 game in my store), and for $20 games or lower we just stick the actual game on the shelf unprotected except for a sticker on the back that makes the alarm go off if it isn't scanned. So, if anyone is in Toys R Us this week and trying to scout out games, that might help you do it quicker. If you're looking in DS games however, know that we don't have any display cases for those. A DS game that is over $30 would still just be in a hard plastic case.

[quote name='needmoney01']- Save $40 when you purchase the Xbox 360 Pro bundle. Pro console, a second 1st party wireless controller, and your choice of Far Cry 2, Tomb Raider, or Gears of War 2.

Anyone think there will be a better deal then this coming before Christmas ?[/quote]

Never mind didn't notice it was a bundle

[quote name='Serpentor']Problem is, what games priced at $29.99 to pick from?[/QUOTE]

PS2 games
Sonic Unleashed
Kingdom Hearts
Dragonball Z Infinate World

[quote name='Serpentor']Problem is, what games priced at $29.99 to pick from?[/quote]
Thats what Im thinking I think ima just pass.

- Buy one game for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, or PS2 for $29.99 and up, and get a second game that $29.99 or up for $20 off. Includes software bundled with accessories, discounted game the cheaper one. You can mix and match within this deal.

So if I buy 2 games that are $60 each, then I would only pay $100?

2 questions

1. will this be available online too?

2.That $25 off $50 paypal code I have expires 12/7. Now, does that mean it expires after 12/7, or on 12/7. I'd like to be able to get in on this deal and use the code too.

Last edited by a moderator:
In our Doorbuster ad for Friday and Saturday, we have

Meet the Robinsons, Rubiks world, Chicken little and cooking mama DS - 4.99ea (50% off)
Buy one Wii or Xbox 360 game and get one half off
End wAr and Pure for 39.99 (all formats)
50% off DS fashion accessories

Also: The DS bundle ad only shows pictures of the general blue/red/black/pink/silver DSes... but Id suspect it working for the bundled mario/BA DSes.

Someone said somthing about buy 2 get 1 free at TRU.

Does anyone know when it starts?

Is it good in Ga. ?

Thanks in advance!!

^The B2G1 TRU deal is happening in Canada right now.
[quote name='dyeknom']In our Doorbuster ad for Friday and Saturday, we have

Meet the Robinsons, Rubiks world, Chicken little and cooking mama DS - 4.99ea (50% off)
Buy one Wii or Xbox 360 game and get one half off
End wAr and Pure for 39.99 (all formats)
50% off DS fashion accessories

Also: The DS bundle ad only shows pictures of the general blue/red/black/pink/silver DSes... but Id suspect it working for the bundled mario/BA DSes.[/quote]
Know if we can stack those two deals? It would end up around ~$60 for those two games. Ugh, I've been going to TRU almost every day to find a game to buy and I might just end up using this deal to flip it at GS.
EDIT: Never mind, the Buy one Wii/360 game, get one half off shows only select titles to choose from. =[

bread's done
Back