Toys R Us 25% off clearance titles (in store this weekend)

I know that's right. The only good games I picked up were Kung Fu Rider and Prince of Persia. Other then that, I didn't want anything else. I probably would've picked up Dante's Inferno.

[quote name='onyzukae']I dont care!!! Amazon tax 8.75 ca damnnnn!!![/QUOTE]

what?

LOL there is no amazon tax for us in CA :bouncy:.... i think i read that in a forum post here on this site

[quote name='onyzukae']I dont care!!! Amazon tax 8.75 ca damnnnn!!![/QUOTE]

There's no Amazon tax in California. Amazon has refused to comply with what they consider to be unconstitutional law.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']All TRU clearance merchandise is actually 25% off until July 16th.[/QUOTE]

Really? All? What's your source on this information?

25% off everything seems tempting to at least look at stuff. That isn't too bad even on those random video games that never go on sale.

[quote name='bojay1997']There's no Amazon tax in California. Amazon has refused to comply with what they consider to be unconstitutional law.[/QUOTE]

Thank fucking Science.

[quote name='Slappybob']Nice sale but my TRU's never have anything decent in their clearance bins :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, TRU clearances have really died down in the past year or two... it's mostly 99% Wii and DS shovelware.

[quote name='imacgod']Really? All? What's your source on this information?

25% off everything seems tempting to at least look at stuff. That isn't too bad even on those random video games that never go on sale.[/QUOTE]

It's not on all video games, it's on All Clearance items in the store are 25% off until then.

All my toys r us has in the bargin bin is garbage like bushwik bowling and those petz games. The ps3 and 360 games in the bin are garbage too

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing good as far as games at my store. Thankfully I scored a storage bin with 160 diapers, both of which i needed, for $26 then used a $4 off coupon to make the final price around $22. :)

I don't know how a store filled with nothing but toys and video games can be so depressing, but I feel like I need therapy after every trip to TRU. I walked in today planning to get some of those 3DS games and look at some clearance stuff and I just couldn't do it. I feel less gross in WM.

[quote name='DerClaw']I don't know how a store filled with nothing but toys and video games can be so depressing, but I feel like I need therapy after every trip to TRU. I walked in today planning to get some of those 3DS games and look at some clearance stuff and I just couldn't do it. I feel less gross in WM.[/QUOTE]

My TRU is always full of clearance games and the workers are awesome.

D: That's pretty lucky then. While the employees are nice at my nearest store, Southgate, MI suffers from the shovelware problem in their clearance bin. So YMMV on good stock.

Happy hunting!

Interesting. If it's an automatic 25% more off EVERY clearance item, then there may be a netbook/laptop at one of my local TRU stores with my name on it now.;)

[quote name='imacgod']Really? All? What's your source on this information?

25% off everything seems tempting to at least look at stuff. That isn't too bad even on those random video games that never go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sale started last Friday at the TRU I was at. Picked up an Imaginarium Train Table complete with tracks and train for $75. Bins all over the store as well as down every isle. Anything with a $xx.98 price qualifies for 25% off the Clearance price.

Thanks for the heads up, picked up Wheel of Fortune for $19.99 and Dreamcast Collection for $12.99 with 40% off at the Blaine, MN location. It was pouring rain.

My store had signs up all over the place (it's the whole store), I was there on Wed so it started at least then...not sure when it ends either (and haven't seen it posted here unless I'm missing it).

Unfortunately my store was cleaned out. There was a few games almost worth it but with the 25% off it's just bringing it down to the price it should be to begin with. Too bad I don't have a PS3 anymore they have tons of PS3 games.

[quote name='strait edge follower']All my toys r us has in the bargin bin is garbage like bushwik bowling ... [/QUOTE]

I'd pay full price for that.

4071789318_5fae6e99e8.jpg

(Little jokey-joke for any fellow old people in here.)

Sadly, my local TRU will only have bottom-of-the-barrel DS fare.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, TRU clearances have really died down in the past year or two... it's mostly 99% Wii and DS shovelware.[/QUOTE]In PA/NJ/DE it seems to be dependant on how new the store is, the Montgomeryville store has tons of clearance all over the place games included but they been there are far back as I can remember & I'm 31. There's also a newly relocated one from & older location that was new the willow grove mall it's selection pales in comparison.
[quote name='JKSonic']My store had signs up all over the place (it's the whole store), I was there on Wed so it started at least then...not sure when it ends either (and haven't seen it posted here unless I'm missing it.[/QUOTE]When I was there everything that was clearance had a red sticker on the price bar all over the store. Even the Snuggie's were cheap too bad they only had pink & that weird one with all the peace signs. Lol

Is this for games only or are console/accessories included too? I saw a recently bumped post about the silver ps2s and I would totally hit one up for 60 dollars, I have a gen 1 model and would like to give it a rest as far as non-FFXI goes.

[quote name='canedaddy']I'd pay full price for that.

4071789318_5fae6e99e8.jpg

(Little jokey-joke for any fellow old people in here.)

Sadly, my local TRU will only have bottom-of-the-barrel DS fare.[/QUOTE]

I acknowledge your reference to Bushwick Bill, sir.

My TRU had the "up to" 75% clearance signs all over the store on Wed. Picked up some Lego blocks 25% off plus B1G1 50% off for a kid's birthday present. Never made it to the video game section though, usually they have dreck at mine, and just spent $60 there last week on Wii Play Motion and Flingsmash.

[quote name='rjejr']My TRU had the "up to" 75% clearance signs all over the store on Wed.[/QUOTE]yeah, mine too basically if the item is on clearance 25% off already it goes to 50% off now & if it's 50% off already with the current extra 25% off it would be 75%. They just show the 75% to get people in the store thinking the last time they where in ___ cost ____ & they didn't buy but if they can now take 75% off of the price they last saw SOLD!!!

I remember taking the happiness right off peoples faces working in retail with these kinda deals. Seeing the price change on a week to week basis & people coming in to get the current "sale" when the same item was $25-$40 cheaper 2-3 weeks prior & knowing the stores sale structure that the item would be once again cheaper in 45 days or less. Once you work in retail shopping becomes a piece of cake.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ very long-winded way of saying stupid shoppers are stupid.

Picked up the Bioshock 2 Project Omega + life-size Splicer mask for $22.50 last week. Been waiting for around $20 on that for about a year now.

[quote name='Kerig']^ very long-winded way of saying stupid shoppers are stupid.[/QUOTE]not always stupid some people don't know how to shop, how business models work or buy on impulse. "SAVE SAVE SAVE come in right NOW before the sale ends" & at the end of the commercial "price valid now thru the end of the July"...guess that means I don't have to go right NOW since I have a full month right? Those people who rush = stupid unless there's limited stock or a truly "great" deal.

[quote name='Enuf']not always stupid some people don't know how to shop, how business models work or buy on impulse. "SAVE SAVE SAVE come in right NOW before the sale ends" & at the end of the commercial "price valid now thru the end of the July"...guess that means I don't have to go right NOW since I have a full month right? Those people who rush = stupid unless there's limited stock or a truly "great" deal.[/QUOTE]

Actually looking at this perspective from a different angle, all the "great" deals would be the first to go in any sales. So those who rush aren't stupid, they're pretty smart because they understand this logic. The stupid people are those who can't control their spending habit and is easily overtaken by impulse buying.

Personally i like to rush to sales, because if i'm planning to get something, why not get it now rather than later? And i also have self control. If i see the most amazing epic deal ever in existence, and if i know i've reached my spending limit, i can honestly say i'll pass.

With TRU, the problem is that you never know when a better deal is going to come along. 25% off isn't bad but they run 30% off sometimes and last month for 2 days they had the B1G1 free on all games $9.98 or less.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']With TRU, the problem is that you never know when a better deal is going to come along. 25% off isn't bad but they run 30% off sometimes and last month for 2 days they had the B1G1 free on all games $9.98 or less.[/QUOTE]

That's when I bought Kung Fu Rider and Prince Of Persia. Not a bad deal. My TRU clearance is decent at best...

bread's done
Back