Toys R Us 25th Birthday Oct. 31/Nov 1st Gift Card Give Aways

Yeah, there are 69 Toys R Us in Canada (fun fact: there are as many in Ontario as in all other provinces, minus Quebec, combined), making it about $1800 per store, or $18 per gift card. Wahoo?

[quote name='TripleQ']
Exhibit A: Mandarin Canada Day free buffet
[/QUOTE]

Wow. Obviously, I am a cheapie (I visit this site regularly), but that is just silly. If I get a holiday from work, the last thing I plan to do is stand in line for an $8 meal.

At least the people who come here have one up on those folks in line ... if we save $8 on a game, we can still play it for hours on end, and then either loan it to friends or sell it again. I wonder what happened to all the food they ate? Heh heh ...

[quote name='onemorechanc'] I wonder what happened to all the food they ate? Heh heh ...[/QUOTE]

That video is on a different site, but I can't post it because I'm at work.

Were it not on a Saturday, it *might* be worth checking out, but with it being on a Saturday, you just know it will be bumpin'. Plus I'm not going to wake up early on my day off :p

I just got back from the Thornhill ToysRUs. The good news is there wasn't many people there (around 20-30 when the store opened 10 minutes early). The bad news is I got a $5 gift card, so today wasn't my lucky day :whistle2:(

Oh well. Worth a try, but I think I'll be sleeping-in tomorrow.

[quote name='TheHeeyyy']I just got back from the Thornhill ToysRUs. The good news is there wasn't many people there (around 20-30 when the store opened 10 minutes early). The bad news is I got a $5 gift card, so today wasn't my lucky day :whistle2:(

Oh well. Worth a try, but I think I'll be sleeping-in tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

About the same amount of people at the one here in Fredericton. I was like 3rd in line. Either way, only got $10, but used it for the only "for sure" purchase I was making.

Went today about 30 mins after opening and there was still a person at the entrance handing out cards. Seemed to have a big stack still. Got $10 towards a b-day gift. So not too bad considering I had to go there anyways.

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']I was thinking of going until I saw those videos. That's just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's sad that people really can't be bothered to pay $20 a person for a dinner out (if their means of living allow them to of course, otherwise lunch is like $12 there). You'd spend twice as much for a quarter of the food just about everywhere else.

But in an age of mass self-entitlement (both from the cheap scum at RFD and the young nerds here and virtually everyone from the internet) what can you expect?

I'm glad to hear some CAGs got giftcards, I'm sure the more populated area Toronto ones had RFD retards lining up and bringing their kids and wife (if they found one or flipped for one or some shit :D) abused the deal but as long as some legit shoppers get through I guess it's all we can hope for.

bread's done
Back