Toys R Us 3DS: Sunday, buy 1 get 1 half off on all 3DS games

megax11

CAGiversary!
Thought I would post this.

I keep checking here to see if anyone knows of any sweet deals coming next week, for the 3DS, but I see nothing.

I namely am hoping that TRU gives a gift card or something.

I don't know if they are, but I DO KNOW, that TRU is having a promotion with the games next week.

The promo is buy 1 get 1 half off on all 3DS games, starting Sunday.

If anyone catches wind of any places giving away gift cards, feel free to post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, TRU isnt taking Game Pre-orders, just systems =/. And the only one in the area said they probally were barely going to get 3-5 of each game in. (Since they hardly got any pre-orders).

Checked Best Buy and they already had out 6+ Copies of each game that released yesterday. Looks like im gonna have to go for a PM

My plan tonight is to go and pick up two games at TRU and then take back for a price match when I go pick up my 3DS at Best Buy on Sunday morning.

That way I can be sure to get the games that I want (that are part of the early release) and then just have to deal with customer service on Sunday.

If your TRU has already put out Ghost Recon and that's a game you want, I would suggest you pick it up now and adjust later. Limited Quantities for that game. My store only got 3 copies in.

As for Street Fighter, looks like this might be a hard find at TRU. No sign of anything right now. No notice of shipments coming into my store, no stores within 150 miles of my store have any copies. Still a couple days left so hopefully it's shipping late.

At least a dozen copies of all other games.

[quote name='prim4444']If your TRU has already put out Ghost Recon and that's a game you want, I would suggest you pick it up now and adjust later. Limited Quantities for that game. My store only got 3 copies in.

As for Street Fighter, looks like this might be a hard find at TRU. No sign of anything right now. No notice of shipments coming into my store, no stores within 150 miles of my store have any copies. Still a couple days left so hopefully it's shipping late.

At least a dozen copies of all other games.[/QUOTE]

Do the games have to be on the same receipt for the adjustment, cause I want to buy recon, but street fighter is not out yet.

[quote name='Bioterror']Do the games have to be on the same receipt for the adjustment, cause I want to buy recon, but street fighter is not out yet.[/QUOTE]

I think you can just return/rebuy the game if it's not on the same receipt.

Actually we already have the games and some are available for sale.And yes the deal is in the weekly ad.I saw it 2 days ago.It would be best to get there early.
There is no gift card promotion but there is extra trade in value on your ds systems.

[quote name='ColorBlue']Actually we already have the games and some are available for sale.And yes the deal is in the weekly ad.I saw it 2 days ago.It would be best to get there early.
There is no gift card promotion but there is extra trade in value on your ds systems.[/QUOTE]

Just curious is the ad out already? Wanted to grab one to try to PM at Best Buy right at opening Sunday. (And its always YMMV whenever i try to use it from the website)

I stopped by a local TRU and all they had was Sims 3 and Madden for 3DS. No Ghost Recon, the lady said they hadn't gotten them in yet. I guess I'll just have to try my luck on Sunday.

[quote name='prim4444']If your TRU has already put out Ghost Recon and that's a game you want, I would suggest you pick it up now and adjust later. Limited Quantities for that game. My store only got 3 copies in.

At least a dozen copies of all other games.[/QUOTE]

Same at my store. Got a co worker who is closing Saturday and hes gonna let me know if we got any in during the week.

[quote name='Bioterror']Do the games have to be on the same receipt for the adjustment, cause I want to buy recon, but street fighter is not out yet.[/QUOTE]

You can buy Recon now, (if your store is selling any) and go back on Sunday and see if they have SSF4 and if they do just tell them you would like to do an adjustment. Just bring your receipt, or you don't have to, they could always look it up for you if you have the rewards card or paid by credit/debit.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just curious is the ad out already? Wanted to grab one to try to PM at Best Buy right at opening Sunday. (And its always YMMV whenever i try to use it from the website)[/QUOTE]

Nope, unless its floating around on the internet somewhere, ad won't be out until Sunday on the Toys R Us website or in your local newspaper.

[quote name='bigant262']Same at my store. Got a co worker who is closing Saturday and hes gonna let me know if we got any in during the week.

You can buy Recon now, (if your store is selling any) and go back on Sunday and see if they have SSF4 and if they do just tell them you would like to do an adjustment. Just bring your receipt, or you don't have to, they could always look it up for you if you have the rewards card or paid by credit/debit.

Nope, unless its floating around on the internet somewhere, ad won't be out until Sunday on the Toys R Us website or in your local newspaper.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer, I'll take a look tomorrow.

The Target I work at has already gotten 13 of the 16 launch titles. We got 4-5 copies of each game with the exception of Street Fighter and Nintendogs, which we got 10 copies of each. I'm not sure how TRU will fare with this though.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']The Target I work at has already gotten 13 of the 16 launch titles. We got 4-5 copies of each game with the exception of Street Fighter and Nintendogs, which we got 10 copies of each. I'm not sure how TRU will fare with this though.[/QUOTE]
Where is your target located at? Just curious.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just curious is the ad out already? Wanted to grab one to try to PM at Best Buy right at opening Sunday. (And its always YMMV whenever i try to use it from the website)[/QUOTE]

The ad is out but not available to the public.It's suppose to be in your sunday's paper or check the site Saturday night.

And TRU has ghost recon just that some games we were told to hold.

[quote name='ColorBlue']The ad is out but not available to the public.It's suppose to be in your sunday's paper or check the site Saturday night.

And TRU has ghost recon just that some games we were told to hold.[/QUOTE]

So there's a good chance my store is also holding recon and sfvi?

[quote name='Bioterror']So there's a good chance my store is also holding recon and sfvi?[/QUOTE]

yeah, street fighter iv i haven't seen come in yet. Which is scary because thats the only 3ds game i want at launch .
Don't forget some TRU has layaway so try to put some of the games while they are on sale in layaway.

[quote name='ColorBlue']yeah, street fighter iv i haven't seen come in yet. Which is scary because thats the only 3ds game i want at launch .
Don't forget some TRU has layaway so try to put some of the games while they are on sale in layaway.[/QUOTE]

Unless its new this year, games can't be put on layaway, usually just big ticket items, such as bikes, power wheels, etc.. and video game systems if there is layaway for any electronics items.

Picked up Ghost Recon and Ridge Racer 3d today (saw about 20 of each color 3ds in the case at my local tru)- I have a 3ds preordered at gamestop and yet I'm still unsure about the initial $350 investment for the system + a couple games + tax.

[quote name='ColorBlue']yeah, street fighter iv i haven't seen come in yet. Which is scary because thats the only 3ds game i want at launch .
Don't forget some TRU has layaway so try to put some of the games while they are on sale in layaway.[/QUOTE]

My local store said they hadn't received SSF4 yet either - but the rep was kind enough to show me the boxes for Steel Diver, Pilotwings, and both nintendogs.

If it eases anything, I spoke to an employee at my gamestop and they haven't gotten SFIV yet either... pretty sure he said they're expected to come in by Friday.

are there any limits to the offer, i.e. selection of applicable games or limit on # of 1/2 off deals? looking to get 4 games if I can do B1G1 twice.

[quote name='UncleBob']FREE HUGS* to whomever can provide an ad scan.

*Hugs are not actual physical hugs. $5 processing fee applies.[/QUOTE]

I second this request if it is at any way possible. (Through PM or something? Not sure if thats allowed)

On a side note, i decided to get Ghost Recon instead of Ridge Racer, finally saw some Youtube video's of it, and it looked awesome. (Like a mix between Metal Gear Acid, and something like Jeane D' Arc)

[quote name='muumuu']are there any limits to the offer, i.e. selection of applicable games or limit on # of 1/2 off deals? looking to get 4 games if I can do B1G1 twice.[/QUOTE]

Just do two separate transactions.

*Hugs are not actual physical hugs. $5 processing fee applies.[/QUOTE]

Same offer for someone who can confirm that this is happening in Canada. MUST KNOW!

edit:
*sigh* As it turns out, it's not. :(

TRU will receive remaining games not in stock by Friday, including Street Fighter. Saw my store is getting in 2 dozen copies.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dgwillia006']I second this request if it is at any way possible. (Through PM or something? Not sure if thats allowed)

[/QUOTE]

I will find a way to collect my hugs

I'm picking up Pilot Wings for sure, I'm at a bit off a toss up between Rayman, Monkey Ball or GR: Shadow War. I'm really hoping some reviews surface soon of non-first party games (that aren't street fighter).

Note: I'm not a dumbass, I'm already getting SF4 from amazon (I have some store credit to burn).

Nice, still not sure if i want to risk TRU though, wish they were pre-ordering for the games =/. Ran by Best Buy to put down Pre-orders on 3 of the ones i wanted (Since Ghost Recon is already out, looks like they even sold a few copies)

[quote name='prim4444']I will find a way to collect my hugs[/QUOTE]

Whoo-hoo! Thank you!
FreeHugs.jpg

[quote name='JAlbertL']Is the deal only for Sunday or does it run all week?[/QUOTE]

Sunday Only!

[quote name='gsrce']Sorry if it's been asked, any idea if this sale will also be available online?[/QUOTE]

In Store Only!!!

[quote name='JAlbertL']Is the deal only for Sunday or does it run all week?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='w7w7w7w7w7']Sunday Only![/QUOTE]

It's all week

[quote name='bigant262']Hey Prim, any word on Samurai Warriors?[/QUOTE]

Should be arriving in the same shipment with Street Fighter. Not as many quantities, maybe 6-12 copies.

Lol after some game trading and flipping (And my brother giving me a 30 dollar Walmart credit out of nowhere) i ended up getting Ghost Recon today, and ending up with about 60$ Store Credit at both Toys R Us and Best Buy. (Damn TRU's inconsistant trade in values)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol after some game trading and flipping (And my brother giving me a 30 dollar Walmart credit out of nowhere) i ended up getting Ghost Recon today, and ending up with about 60$ Store Credit at both Toys R Us and Best Buy. (Damn TRU's inconsistant trade in values)[/QUOTE]

Lol, you know there is a website you can check right? Heres the link.

http://www.toysrustradeincenter.com/

And thanks Prim.

Picked up Rayman 3D and Ghost Recon today (mainly in case Ghost Recon sells out). They had the least copies for Ghost Recon, about 5-8 compared to about 12 for the other games. I'm gonna get a price adjustment on sunday.

I narrowed it down to Street Fighter 4(which I already own on 360), Rayman 2(never played it before), or Steel Diver.

Or I could just wait on a game.

[quote name='confoosious']no multiplayer on Bust a Move? Damn. Don't buy is right.

Also surprised that Steel Diver is a buy since other reviews have panned it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, plus it's supposedly lacking content.. would've thought they'd say "rent it". Same for pilotwings..

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, plus it's supposedly lacking content.. would've thought they'd say "rent it". Same for pilotwings..[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of getting Steel Diver instead of Samurai Warriors now. I like how you can use the gyroscope on that game, that seems like it will be fun.

Just Street Fighter for me. Although I have considered Samurai Warriors since I've never owned one of those games, and Rayman 3D because I've never played through it.

a ton of don't buys from that list. Man...i guess its just Ghost Recon/Pilot Wings/SSFIV but that leaves me with one more to get. have no clue at this point.

So many of the launch titles would be so much greater if they had Wi-Fi. (Namely Ridge Racer and Bust a Move). Its not like its a COMPLETELY new format, so i dont get why the decision was to not include it......

bread's done
Back