Toys R Us, $5 off $25 coupon

Xenogears

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Haven't noticed this posted anywhere. Not a big deal, but if your planning to buy something from Toys R Us, might as well use this coupon. Should work for video games, but fine print says it excludes video game hardware. Also says it is not valid with other promotions, but worth a try if your picking up Reach with a gift card today. Valid until 9/26

Coupon for $5 off a purchase of $25 or more at Toys R Us: http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/94038709130926_Cpn.pdf

This is a PDF coupon that you are going to need to print to use in store. If you are having trouble printing, right click the link, select Save Target As, then print the coupon from your PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone confirm this working with Halo: Reach and still able to get their gift card? need a response ASAP before I head out.

[quote name='bgame2']Is this an email coupon?[/QUOTE]

Not sure where it originally came from, but I found it being talked about on SD.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BGriffith']anyone confirm this working with Halo: Reach and still able to get their gift card? need a response ASAP before I head out.[/QUOTE]

Chances are the coupon won't be valid with the reach deal, but I haven't seen any info on whether its working or not. If your going, i recommend just printing and taking it with you. Cant hurt, unless printing is difficult at the moment.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']How often do you get told at stores that "internet print-out coupons" aren't valid because you printed them out?[/QUOTE]

Never heard that one. If you have a smartphone, you can always have them scan the coupon from you phone.

[quote name='prim4444']Never heard that one. If you have a smartphone, you can always have them scan the coupon from you phone.[/QUOTE]
I actually got that same response today until I forced them to scan it and it obviously worked fine. Some bullshit about corporate telling them no more internet coupons because they're running so many now. It was the PoP manufacturer coupon that's even advertised in the commercial on TV FFS.

There's no other way to get it other than the internet lol. fucking idiots.

[quote name='Jodou']I actually got that same response today until I forced them to scan it and it obviously worked fine. Some bullshit about corporate telling them no more internet coupons because they're running so many now. It was the PoP manufacturer coupon that's even advertised in the commercial on TV FFS.

There's no other way to get it other than the internet lol. fucking idiots.[/QUOTE]

I think they are just misguided about the whole coupon thing. I know corporate keeps emailing stores to watch out for the fake coupons floating around(those Sony, Microsoft ones that say free points or systems and such). Since they see this, they think it applies to all coupons they see and like to make up their own rules about them.

I have never seen any communication as to stop or limit accepting printed coupons whether it be TRU or manufacturer coupons.

I used to work at Toys R Us, and the problem is that all of the coupons they send out can be used multiple times. Whenever employees wanted to buy something, we'd simply reuse coupons. Most of they time they'd stack, so you could swing something like 20% off any item + $10 off of a $100 purchase.

If these companies want to cut down on fraud/misuse, they need to find a way to make the coupons unique.

Does anyone know where this coupon originated from or how I can get one officially to confirm it's legit?

I dont care if it's hosted by TRU...I have looked everywhere, and all I'm finding is this link everyone is sending around.

I was at a TRU heavily suggesting it was fraudulent, and I didn't know how to explain where I got it from. I want to go back to this TRU with a description of how I got it, without saying it was posted on some website.

Damnit! There's a Babies R Us close by but no TRU! Well there's a couple of TRU but they're @ least half an hour away. Sounds like some awesome deals to be had @ TRU.

I received a email from Tru with a coupon for $5.00 off a $15.00 purchase!!! It say's excluding video games but I got it work with a Manager override!!! So YMMV?? Oh yeah and it's for today only!!!

I also used this today, no problems.
I think I pulled a rare TRU "triple stack" today.
My closest TRU (Tustin, CA) has a couple of game deals running simultaneously, YMMV. But...
Buy one, get one 40% off PLUS buy 2 sub-$20 games, get 1 free PLUS this $5 off coupon EQUALS Lego Batman, Overlord 2, and The Saboteur for $28 and change.
Not a bad consolation, considering I went there to try to get PS3 DJ Hero bundle for $25 (they were out)

[quote name='brianace']I also used this today, no problems.
I think I pulled a rare TRU "triple stack" today.
My closest TRU (Tustin, CA) has a couple of game deals running simultaneously, YMMV. But...
Buy one, get one 40% off PLUS buy 2 sub-$20 games, get 1 free PLUS this $5 off coupon EQUALS Lego Batman, Overlord 2, and The Saboteur for $28 and change.
Not a bad consolation, considering I went there to try to get PS3 DJ Hero bundle for $25 (they were out)[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing, stacked the b2g1+b1g40%off+$5off$25 and left spending $28 and change for Call of Duty: World at War, The Saboteur and F.E.A.R. 2. It was funny looking at the reciept because the amount saved was more than what I spent and thats the whole point right?

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I did the same thing, stacked the b2g1+b1g40%off+$5off$25 and left spending $28 and change for Call of Duty: World at War, The Saboteur and F.E.A.R. 2. It was funny looking at the reciept because the amount saved was more than what I spent and thats the whole point right?[/QUOTE]

You CAN do that? I may have to head back over there... Did they give you any trouble or just do it?

Is the 25% off clearance just on the PS3 games or on all clearance? Got a 360 and there's a few I'd definitely pick up

Thanks OP! Just used the coupon on the Move Bundle + Controller + $25 gift card deal!

Will use giftcard and coupon on Sunday for the B1G1 1/2 off deal on Eyepet and Start the Party!

[quote name='JKSonic']You CAN do that? I may have to head back over there... Did they give you any trouble or just do it?

Is the 25% off clearance just on the PS3 games or on all clearance? Got a 360 and there's a few I'd definitely pick up[/QUOTE]

No questions asked, no managers called, simple transaction. But now that I hear that all clearance games are an additional 25% off I kinda wish I waited until today and see if I could make all 4 offers stack.

Now that's a sweet deal. I'm thinking about going to TRU, but I feel like I should hold out for B2G1 in Oct.

BTW, I think all this triple-stacking and such is what has the TRU employees' panties in a twist. Well, they offered these deals, who are we to not take advantage of their generosity? ;)

The TRU in Buckhead, Atlanta Ga. was not only taking this coupon but also stacking 25% of clearance and buy 1 get 40% off all PS3 games. After ALL these discounts i calculated a $35 PS3 game was about $18 which was ok but still not mindblowing.

[quote name='ddeeaallzz']Does anyone know where this coupon originated from or how I can get one officially to confirm it's legit?

I dont care if it's hosted by TRU...I have looked everywhere, and all I'm finding is this link everyone is sending around.

I was at a TRU heavily suggesting it was fraudulent, and I didn't know how to explain where I got it from. I want to go back to this TRU with a description of how I got it, without saying it was posted on some website.[/QUOTE]

If you're a Toys R Us Rewards member, just tell them you got it as a Rewards email or something.

If it scans, and is legit, why should they care? It's not like this is fraudulent right? It's on Toys R Us's website. If they don't like that, they probably should whine to corporate about it.

bread's done
Back