Toys R Us B1G1 50% off

My girlfriend just got me a PS3 for Christmas so there's a bunch of games that I may need to look for. I've pretty much got everything for 360.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP.
Now can we please bog this thread down with mathematical arguments about relative advantages of this deal vs. B2G1? :)

They don't have it online, but they could in-store. The last time they had this sale, I bought my girlfriend some DS games, one of which wasn't available online, but my closest store had a few copies.

[quote name='neotheone007']thanks...got some giftcards to use. thinking of uncharted 2 for sure. is tru carrying demon's souls?[/QUOTE]

Yes, please get uncharted 2!!! you will not be disappointed! Man, after a few months, I'm still addicted. The graphics and the gameplay are the things that make this game so good.

I was going to do Quantum of Solace + Riddick PS3 for about $30 + s/h and tax, but nty now.

If it was $20, then yes haha

This deal sucks.

Wii Fit Plus w/Balance Board x2 = $100 + $50 = $150
Shipping $15.92
Sales Tax $13.87
TOTAL $179.77

Amazon:
Wii Fit Plus w/Balance Board x2 = $89.99 * 2 = $179.98
Shipping $0
Sales Tax $0
TOTAL $179.98

How did 50% off become only 21 cents off?

PopCap Arcade and Namco Arcade are both $9.98, which combined would be a good deal... however, Namco is OOS online right now, so I guess I'll be getting nothing in this sale. I already have everything else.

[quote name='JaroldL']Yes, please get uncharted 2!!! you will not be disappointed! Man, after a few months, I'm still addicted. The graphics and the gameplay are the things that make this game so good.[/QUOTE]

yeah this is one of my fav games right now--i was playing it last time n honestly had one of those holy shit this game is awesome moments.

Hmmm...so I called Toys R Us and they said this sale is in their store. I then called Best Buy and asked if they can PM the TRU B1G1-50% off and they said yes. I then asked if this will work on Best Buy's current sale of games (at $39.99) and they said yes. Which means...

:wii:New Super Mario Bros. Wii - $40
:360: Tekken 6 - $40 - 50% OFF = $20
Total for both games = $60 before tax.

Unless I get more confirmations, consider this YMMV. But if you guys have Best Buy gift cards, try PMing the deal.

Nothing I really want now. Plus I have enough games to play for awhile. The only thing I intend on buying immediately in the next few months is Darksiders.

The sale is in stores today, but the two TRU stores I went to both look like they've been looted. Pretty much every A-list or even B-list title was out of stock. A combination of last minute shopping on the 24th and people using up their gift cards today wiped them out.

Aw man, sorry guys. I meant to post earlier but I barely got home. Anyway, good news from workin at TRU.

This deal can be exploited with CoDMW2. MW2 is on sale (today at least, didn't see for how long) for $15 off. If MW2 is your half off game, the register takes the 50% off before the $15. So it's $60 /2 = 30 - 15 = 15.

Some lady got it with AC2 today and MW2 rang up $14.99. That was our last copy of MW2, but if we get more in tomorrow, I'm seeing if I can get 2 copies for $60.

I'll be working most of the day, so if anyone else is going to be out and wants to try and post success/failure stories, I'm sure others would appreciate. Also, I guess it's YMMV if the cashier will even do it, because my manager tried to shoot it down, saying it was one promo or the other. But she didn't have much to say when I already did it for a customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible flip if post above me is true. Amazon is giving $35 for it. I'm sure you can sell it straight up for $40 on CL or ebay.

I too work at TRU and today I rang up two copies of CoDMW2 and the total came out to be $63 and some change, essentially it's two copies of it for the price of one. I don't know why or how the register did this but there ya go!

I went to Toys*R*Us today and ended up paying $39.98 for two 1600 Microsoft Points cards. I'm pretty sure these should have been eligible, but I was in a rush and honestly five minutes of my time was worth more than $10 (which is what I essentially spent just stopping at TRU while I was running other errands without getting into an argument with one of the employees, which would have doubled my waste of time).

[quote name='Gertle627']

This deal can be exploited with CoDMW2. MW2 is on sale (today at least, didn't see for how long) for $15 off. If MW2 is your half off game, the register takes the 50% off before the $15. So it's $60 /2 = 30 - 15 = 15.

[/QUOTE]

If this works.....

*HOLY MUSIC BEGINS PLAYING*

[quote name='neotheone007']is tru carrying demon's souls?[/QUOTE]

Went in looking for this earlier, and my local TRU (Santa Rosa) does not carry it. According to the clerks they "don't carry many M-rated games," for whatever that's worth. Perhaps they meant they don't carry many niche M-rated games, because they had plenty copies of Shoot Your Face Apart 6.

[quote name='getbonus']Went in looking for this earlier, and my local TRU (Santa Rosa) does not carry it. According to the clerks they "don't carry many M-rated games," for whatever that's worth. Perhaps they meant they don't carry many niche M-rated games, because they had plenty copies of Shoot Your Face Apart 6.[/QUOTE]

Shoot Your Face Apart 6 is guaranteed to sell through stock and doesn't have "DEMON" or "SOUL" or other allusions in the title parents would find offensive.

Atlus tends to have small print runs and even though Demon's Soul is an exception, they're probably still just shipping it to the stores they usually do.

I'm sure Shoot Your Face Apart 6 = Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Nothing overtly offensive in that title. Perhaps parents think a modern warfare in all predator drones and fighting Life Model Decoys

[quote name='Vinny']Good. I can finally use that $20 giftcard which expires at the end of the year...[/QUOTE]

Was this the one from ODST? I have two from ODST, and while they don't have any expiration dates written on the back or any fine print... I'm still super scared they'll expire without warning.

Does anyone know for sure, if gift cards with no written expiration date, cannot possibly expire?? Thanks.

[quote name='thanksbetotap']Was this the one from ODST? I have two from ODST, and while they don't have any expiration dates written on the back or any fine print... I'm still super scared they'll expire without warning.

Does anyone know for sure, if gift cards with no written expiration date, cannot possibly expire?? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No, this one is from MW2. If it doesn't have an expiration date written on the front of the card, than see what it says on the back. Most giftcards don't have an expiration date.

[quote name='Vinny']No, this one is from MW2. If it doesn't have an expiration date written on the front of the card, than see what it says on the back. Most giftcards don't have an expiration date.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks a lot. My last two gc's from TRU had expiration dates I think, from Scribblenauts and something else. I think it may be a YMMV sort of thing with what cashiers give you.

Yes folks it is in store. I was there this morning, but the local one was out of anything worthwhile. One of the busier Toys R Us I have ever been to.

[quote name='cheapbastard']Does anyone know if psn cards or wii points cards are eligible?? tia.[/QUOTE]
Nope, I tried MS points myself just to be sure.

[quote name='jamestheaussie']Can anyone confirm that BB are deal matching the B1/G1 50% off?[/QUOTE]
Nope - I tried in 2 different Best Buys and got denied twice. It was worth a shot though.

[quote name='jamestheaussie']Can anyone confirm that BB are deal matching the B1/G1 50% off?[/QUOTE]
Yup. Got two copies of MW2 for $60, and a copy of Assassin's Creed and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen for $30. Used up some reward zone certs to get some stuff to trade in to gamestop to replace my daughter's DS that she broke a month ago and didn't tell anybody.

[quote name='gage006']Getting a better deal from the Gamestop b2g1 but thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

As much as I hate Gamestop, you're 100% correct. Gamestop's offer equates to $40 a game ($60+$60+0/3=$40) while Toys' offer equates to $45 a game ($60+30/2= $45).

bread's done
Back