Toys R Us: Backyard Fun Coupon Book - 20% off one item (Can be used on SS:BB)

thenockmlb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Not sure if that has been posted, but today in the mail I received a TRU Couponbook, and on the front cover is a plastic card for 20% off one item.

This is valid 3/1-3/22 and is good on a purchase of video games and accessories, but not consoles.

This coupon will knock almost $10 off SS:BB.

Edit: Of note, the couponbook says "Please deliver between 2/27-2/29," so my post office made a mistake in delivering it early. So, watch your mailboxes.

I wonder how they decide what coupon to send. I guess it's when they ask for your phone number so you would think that someone like me wouldn't get the clothing coupon since other than an a $80 Knex set I purchased for $8.50 in 2006, I haven't bought a non video game item at TRU in years.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I wonder how they decide what coupon to send. I guess it's when they ask for your phone number so you would think that someone like me wouldn't get the clothing coupon since other than an a $80 Knex set I purchased for $8.50 in 2006, I haven't bought a non video game item at TRU in years.[/quote]

I think the clothing coupon is on the back of every book.

I got a 10$ off coupon with no minnium required. I have got severa of them too but they only send them to people who sign up for the TRU credit card.

This would be excellent if we could get scans. I dunno if they've cracked down on scanned coupons, but I remember having a field day when DS Lite's had that crazy sale that one time.
It'd also be excellent if this stacked with the upcoming deal for 50% off Wii titles when purchasing Smash Bros

[quote name='Zygote']I got a card that is $10 off a purchase of $50. Same conditions.[/quote]

i got this one as well.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This would be excellent if we could get scans. I dunno if they've cracked down on scanned coupons, but I remember having a field day when DS Lite's had that crazy sale that one time.
It'd also be excellent if this stacked with the upcoming deal for 50% off Wii titles when purchasing Smash Bros[/quote]

Scans would not work. They've switched to gift-card type coupons, with the main details on the front and the fineprint/barcode on the back.

You'd have to find one dumb employee to take a print-out of both sides of that card.

It's too late for me now, but how do you get these mailed to you from TRU? I think I missed where / how to get it (several times actually).

[quote name='sp00ge']Scans would not work. They've switched to gift-card type coupons, with the main details on the front and the fineprint/barcode on the back.

You'd have to find one dumb employee to take a print-out of both sides of that card.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, you have never been to York, PA. I think the main requirement for working at TRU here is you have to be a flippin idiot.

[quote name='exceed19']Obviously, you have never been to York, PA. I think the main requirement for working at TRU here is you have to be a flippin idiot.[/quote]

is that the TRU near Park City? yeah.. those guys are morons

[quote name='ppl']Someone scan the 20% coupon please...[/quote]

Please read the whole thread. A scan will prove worthless with these, as they are plastic and giftcard-like. TRU rarely uses one sided paper coupons anymore, probably due to abuse.

I got a book today also, but it came with $10 off when you spend over $100. So basically, I got a useless coupon since the only thing I wanted to buy today was a PSP, and the coupon didn't work for hardware.

If I get this Toys R' Us coupon book, I'm using the 20-percent off coupon on the remaining 360 Vision bundle. Hehehe...

[quote name='zerosN1s']It's too late for me now, but how do you get these mailed to you from TRU? I think I missed where / how to get it (several times actually).[/quote]

I believe its from the information they collect at checkout (ex. phone number)

[quote name='thenockmlb']Not sure if that has been posted, but today in the mail I received a TRU Couponbook, and on the front cover is a plastic card for 20% off one item.

This is valid 3/1-3/22 and is good on a purchase of video games and accessories, but not consoles.

This coupon will knock almost $10 off SS:BB.

Edit: Of note, the couponbook says "Please deliver between 2/27-2/29," so my post office made a mistake in delivering it early. So, watch your mailboxes.[/QUOTE]

Any way to sign up for this coupon book? I dont think they send it to every household. There must be a sign up sheet somewheres

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Any way to sign up for this coupon book? I dont think they send it to every household. There must be a sign up sheet somewheres[/quote]

It's from the info they gather at checkout. You can sign up for email offers on their website, it's at the top center of the page.

People that want the coupon should check ebay. Search "toys coupon 20%" and a few come up.

I was thinking about using one for a Wii next weekend when they get some in stock but it's not valid for hardware. :cry:

[quote name='beezdeez']People that want the coupon should check ebay. Search "toys coupon 20%" and a few come up.

I was thinking about using one for a Wii next weekend when they get some in stock but it's not valid for hardware. :cry:[/quote]

I'm not paying for a free coupon.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'm not paying for a free coupon.[/quote]

I absolutely agree.

If I don't get it, I don't get it, but I refuse to pay for a coupon.

I got the coupon book, but it looked like all kids toys and other related crap in it. No sign of a card anywhere on the outside or inside of the booklet, so I guess I didn't get it either.

[quote name='lilboo']How do you get these mailings? Is it one of them things where it's sent to "Resident" or "OUR FRIENDS AT"?[/quote]

Resident

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'm not paying for a free coupon.[/quote]

Well, some people didn't get the coupon and would like to save money using the coupon. It's worth it to them to buy the coupon for $2 because they could potentially save more than that.

You don't have do anything. I merely suggested it for the people that want a coupon enough to pay for it on ebay.

[quote name='bonehead848']Can this be used on gaming systems? Like um the ps3[/quote]

No, Video Game Hardware is NEVER applicable with these coupons.

[quote name='quadomatic']I don't think I've ever gotten a coupon book from TRU

Scans maybe?[/quote]

Neither have I. They ask for your phone number so how the hell do you get stuff in the mail?

A lot of people don't even have home phone nowadays.. I seriously doubt if you gave them your cell phone they'd be able to track down your home address to send you a book.

I miss getting this. Not as cool as the Big Fun Book, but still.. I haven't gotten anything from TRU in the mail in years.

I'm not sure how they determine who gets what coupon. I'm a credit card holder, yet I didn't get a coupon at all this time. Last time they did something similar, I got the $10 off $100 coupon, which I never used. Other people got comparatively better or worse coupons.

It's been awhile since I used one, so you'd think they'd want to entice me back, but no dice. At least not this time. Maybe one of my previous purchases flagged me as someone not to sent a juicy coupon to?

Damn. I always give them my home phone number (though I only have a cell at my apartment).

Then again, I do think I get TRU ads sometimes in the mail. Guess I will go check in a little bit.

In an unreleated topic, but concerning Toys R Us - do they still give out those happymeal-like boxes, filled with cereal samples, coupons and little toys at the main checkout counters?

I haven't boughten a non-electronic, non-video game item from TRU in over 10 years, so I have never checkouted outside their R' Zone, and all this talk about Toys R Us and freebies has me wondering for nostalgia's sake.

Good times, good times XD

bread's done
Back