TOYS R US BIG BOOK starts Oct. 28th Notable mentions

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
I've got the Toys R US Big Book. I'm not going to list all the games mentioned because most are listed at full retail. Here is a lists of notable mentions.

19.99 Wii and DS Superbuy games will be 2 for 25.00

Must have cut a deal with Nintendo because a bunch of older DS mario games are listed as TRU exclusive

Free castle case with 100.00 Skylander purchase

Thats Pritty much it.. Not Stellar

Book was just posted online at blackfriday.com

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']2 for 25 on the "Superbuy" games is good. I wonder if Pikmin 2 counts.[/QUOTE]

Most likely not. The stores will be carrying new "super buy" games with green stickers instead of the old red ones. Only the green stickered ones will be part of this sale.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']2 for 25 on the "Superbuy" games is good. I wonder if Pikmin 2 counts.[/QUOTE]

It does.

What is the list of the 'older' Mario games? I'm curious which ones are TRU Exclusives since Super Princess Peach and Yoshi's Island DS are the only ones (that I know of).

Oh boy, have to get on my big boy pants for this one. We're not talking Fisher-Price, either. This shit calls for a Scooty Puff Senior.

(Just wait for Racism Weekday.)

It doesnt look like the Mario DS games are with the superbuy 2 for 25 cause it doesnt show those games with the title or green sticker. Its good though that the older mario ds games got a reprint.

If Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Super Princess Peach are part of this deal, I'll probably jump on it.

My store doesn't carry super princess peach but if someone could pick that up for me I would greatly appreciate it I'll pay for a shipping and a little extra.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']So is Partners in Time one of the games in the 2 for $25 deal? Because that would get me to TRU for sure.[/QUOTE]

I dont think it is. Cause it is not labeled with that on the next page. That and their prices are retail value. At least they are getting reprinted.

Don't even look at the book. Most of the prices are higher than what you can find now. All the videogame deals are crap too. But remember that this isn't a Black Friday deal book, just a holiday suggestion book.

The book is just a mere catalog for children to drool over. Super Princess Peach, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time, and Yoshi's Island DS are not part of the Super Buy sale because TRU holds the exclusive retail rights to sell them at MSRP. The Superbuy games are mostly the "discount" ones you see littering the shelves outside of the usual protective cases or closets.

[quote name='Blade']Oh boy, have to get on my big boy pants for this one. We're not talking Fisher-Price, either. This shit calls for a Scooty Puff Senior.

(Just wait for Racism Weekday.)[/QUOTE]
One of the best Futurama scenes ever.

yea my tru doesnt keep any older games either. once they get older, they drop the price and theyre gone. used to have much better clearance deals but not so much anymore. i never got SPP and i wish i did since i usually get all things mario and mario related

I kept thinking those old mario games like SPP, Hoops 3-on-3, and Yoshi's Island DS were not in production anymore. May have to check on TRU in a couple of weeks.

The Halo 4 console is in there, listed at $350.
Which is good in case it goes back up in price (from what I understand it was a temporary price drop)
So In the even that it does go back up to $400, it should make a price match nice and easy.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']I kept thinking those old mario games like SPP, Hoops 3-on-3, and Yoshi's Island DS were not in production anymore. May have to check on TRU in a couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]
Unfortanutely Hoops 3-on-3 is crap, and Yoshi's Island DS is not far behind. Yoshi's Island in particular was very dissapointing, given what it failed to live up to. Switching babies is far more annoying than fun and all the fun vehicular transformations are nowhere to be seen. The items that you could use to boost your star count or use for watermelons have also been wiped away.

And that little notch between screens is a major annoyance too. I've never tried to play it on anything but my DS Lite back when it launched, but they fixed the game so that the hinge between screens is part of the gameplay window that just isn't shown, so that when you launch eggs it will line up properly. I imagine things will still line up with a 3DS, but whether it will work properly with any of the XL's I don't know. This spacing also allows for tons of cheap enemy placement and makes collecting all the coins/flowers a much bigger pain. I wasn't fond of the design in Contra 4 either but it's an even bigger mess in this game.

So yeah, a warning just in case you are expecting more of Yoshi's Island. Despite the title, it's not nearly as fun, and at this point in time I'd argue it's probably not worth the effort to play.

SPP is ok, I never finished it but it reminded me a ton of Super Mario World. Just be aware during your playthorough that, for some stupid reason, you have to collect every single last toad in order to finish play the final level, which is the reason that I never finished it myself.

Last edited:
[quote name='Octopod']So if you were going to grab one of the TRU exclusives would Partners in Time be the one to get?[/QUOTE]

I would say so. I never completed it but I did enjoy it.

bread's done
Back