Toys R us Black friday 2017 HORRIBLE

Man, what a brilliant fall.

Remember when the Sunday ad for Toy-R-Us was just as important as Target and Best Buy?

Those were the days.

Man, what a brilliant fall.

Remember when the Sunday ad for Toy-R-Us was just as important as Target and Best Buy?

Those were the days.
And you knew where you were thennnnnnnnnnnn

Girls were girls and men were men

Mister, we could a man like Herbert Hoover again.

i mean its not terrible.. a lot is the same price as many of the other retailers..
Yep, I don't know what people are comparing them to. It's literally the same pricing on the holiday bundles and many of the games are the same as other retailer ads. I mean I personally am not planning on going to TRU for video games, but some of the toy sales are of interest for the kids.

I wonder why GameStop is taking so long to leak.
Probably because they had to redo the ad due to them "temporarily" killing off the Powerpass program. The holiday catalog had to be pulled from stores according to the GS reddit.

Not bad. TRU price match is pretty liberal in my area compared to walmart and target who have stopped price matching in my area(they price match their own website but that's it).

Not bad. TRU price match is pretty liberal in my area compared to walmart and target who have stopped price matching in my area(they price match their own website but that's it).
I was told by tru that they wont price match any stores at all on black friday. Or do you mean in general?

You mean a company that just filed for bankruptcy isn't willing to risk massive losses to compete with financially solvent competitors?

Yes, but next quarter ala circuit city.

Gutter sewage fire sale
Unlikely. TRU would actually be very healthy but for the bad debt that they incurred beginning over a decade ago. Assuming the bankruptcy goes smoothly, I wouldn't anticipate any major wave of store closings or liquidations.

Of course the only thing that interests me (Persona 5 for $30) isn't even on their website and/or brings up an error.

U1pCqjf.png

Yep, even their b1g1 40% off that they used to do once or twice a month.
They actually just did that a few weeks ago (with glitch and all) though it does happen a lot less than it used to.

I don't think I've ever gone into a TRU on Black Friday. This year will be no exception.

I wonder why GameStop is taking so long to leak.
I with you, have gift cards and trade in credit to use up. Hopefully it's worth the wait.

I agree, not the greatest tru add compaired to last year. I got a bunch of stuff for the new baby but hardly anything this year. They are roughly 5 billion dollars in debt. Who knows what's going to happen.

Unlikely. TRU would actually be very healthy but for the bad debt that they incurred beginning over a decade ago. Assuming the bankruptcy goes smoothly, I wouldn't anticipate any major wave of store closings or liquidations.
There was an article, I believe in the Wall Street Journal, that speculated that the big toy companies would keep Toys R Us afloat themselves if it came down to it. If TRU ceased to exist, they would be pretty much entirely at the mercy of Amazon and Walmart in terms of sales channels, and their profit margins at that point would get squeezed to the bone.

There was an article, I believe in the Wall Street Journal, that speculated that the big toy companies would keep Toys R Us afloat themselves if it came down to it. If TRU ceased to exist, they would be pretty much entirely at the mercy of Amazon and Walmart in terms of sales channels, and their profit margins at that point would get squeezed to the bone.
And as a customer, we will have to do pictures shopping rather than having a place to see them all

It's the only BF sale near me with the Lego Dimensions expansion sets on sale (no Meijers in Maine). If I hadn't just finished my collection at Best Buy I'd be moderately happy about that.

Yep, and don't forget there are many major toy companies (Hasbro, etc) that rely on ToysRUs staying in business. They will do anything in their power to keep it going.

So they will be there next Christmas but not the same ToysRUs we used to know and love.

You're wrong. That same article said that Hasbro only made 10% of their sales through TRU. So they're ALREADY at Walmart/Amazon's mercy, and losing a 10% revenue channel would be painful, but not disastrous. The reason toy companies are helping is because when TRU goes down, they'll take a hit as well (stock price will drop from said 10% of sales loss).

That said, TRU is treading water, and there is no land in sight. They don't have a plan, they don't have a direction, they're just floating in the ocean while CAGs (and other cheap-o's) circle around like sharks, hoping to see the whale die.

Maybe it's the curse of FAO Schwartz. Maybe TRU should have left that brand alone, rather than absorbing it.

Yep, and don't forget there are many major toy companies (Hasbro, etc) that rely on ToysRUs staying in business. They will do anything in their power to keep it going.

So they will be there next Christmas but not the same ToysRUs we used to know and love.
"RELY" is too strong a word. "Use" or "mutually benefit" is more appropriate. TRU has been in decline for a long time, fellas. Most of these toy companies make their profit outside of TRU.

Remember the good old B2G1 free. Tru was the shit!
So many memories. I would never buy any games basically July-October and then go in and make a killing. 6 or 9 games easily. Now GCU has basically made all other vendors obsolete. Combined with hopefully BB's own B2G1 in December and that is the winner.

bread's done
Back