Toys 'R Us.com has Dragon's Peak in stock! Hustle!

I canceled mine. Grabbed it because of those eBay prices, but figured this will be another Mass Effect Platinum Hits/Amazon Effect. Lmao.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I canceled mine. Grabbed it because of those eBay prices, but figured this will be another Mass Effect Platinum Hits/Amazon Effect. Lmao.[/QUOTE]

Good. Let people who actually want to play them buy em. :roll:

thanks OP.

I'm debating it right now but will probably cave. $5 is just gas.

edit: caved. much better than driving to TRU all the time.

If you ordered in less than an hour, you should be able to type in your order# & zip code. If not, you'll have to call and chew their faces off!!!

She was like, it's over the hour mark. I was like...WTF???!!! You %#@&^&** cancelled an order of mine, no explanation and hourssss later, a few days ago.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']If you ordered in less than an hour, you should be able to type in your order# & zip code. If not, you'll have to call and chew their faces off!!!

She was like, it's over the hour mark. I was like...WTF???!!! You %#@&^&** cancelled an order of mine, no explanation and hourssss later, a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the "Item Located In Stock" status is akin to Amazon's "Shipping Soon". Once it hits that you have to call (Amazon lets you make a "request" that may or may not work). Although I kind of wonder if TRU really has people in on a Saturday gathering orders at the warehouse. My Legendary Trigger Happy sat in that status for 3 days before going out, so it's pretty obvious it is just a way on stating they have confirmed one in inventory for you and locking you in.

It's still in stock by the way, either they have a TON of them or everyone that got to set aside one at the store is just waiting to pick it up so no rush now. I believe it's probably a bit of both.

Irony - I tend to flip in small quantities to subsidize our family video game habit, and started flipping Skylanders a few months ago because it was so lucrative. This morning my daughter and I decided to actually play Skylanders, to see what it was all about, and now we're hooked. We could've NOT flipped and just played as a family months ago! It was nice to order Dragon's Peak and not worry about profit.

Thanks for the headsup!!!!! I am at work, and today was much busier than normal, and wasn't able to check all the skylander crap today. I still haven't even played this yet, as I haven't been able to find a ps3 disc only for a good price and he has a wii, but the boy loves it.

[quote name='mathyou']Irony - I tend to flip in small quantities to subsidize our family video game habit, and started flipping Skylanders a few months ago because it was so lucrative. This morning my daughter and I decided to actually play Skylanders, to see what it was all about, and now we're hooked. We could've NOT flipped and just played as a family months ago! It was nice to order Dragon's Peak and not worry about profit.[/QUOTE]

:cry:I bet.

Maybe I should start a personals ad and find someone into the kind of games I like. Online play for some games is cool sometimes, but...

I had the last 3-pack in my hand at a Target store and some type of way it landed on that rock thing(my hand waved over it or it slipped). I must have looked like a cavewoman....Oooo... Ooga booga...magic:shock:! Then, I held each 1 over the rock and saw the pretty colors and characters on the screen...and said...ohhhh, that's why they're popular!!! :D

Geez I'm torn. I'm already hooked on the damn game, now I'm chasing down packs online. Curse you Activision!

But seriously, thanks OP!

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Thanks op.

Anyone know when the new 3 pack comes out? I think it has cynder, zook, and lightning rod? I thought it was already out, but my TRU said they have not had any yet. Is it worth being there at open tomorrow maybe?[/QUOTE]
Amazon did have Cynder (single) in stock yesterday, not sure about the other 2 figures.

Thank's OP got 1.

will used game stores buy these? im wondering if i wait till after the fad is over I will get a crapload of them for a tiny price.... if not ebay will start having them up at a fraction of the price, maybe the entire set at a time.

I found it myself... then I saw this thread and my heart sank. I ordered it while it still said in stock, but since I was late to the party, no idea if I will actually get one.

[quote name='thegame85']Is the official release date for this tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Yep. An employee at the TRU I went to yesterday kindly double-checked this for me. They had Dragon's Peak already in the back, but weren't allowed to sell it.

There are reports of TRUs having sold them earlier this week, but they really weren't supposed to.

Sorry mate, double retail doesn't strike me as pretty cheap ... but I understand you're just looking for help to get out of the auction.

I've managed to grab EVERY released Skylander now except Zook and Lightning Rod. And all items except Volcanic Vault. I hope my kid appreciates this when he grows up. In the meantime, wife and I are playing with them. :D

Just got back from my local target {oak Lawn IL} they were flushed with Skylanders, including all of the adventure packs except for Dragons Peak. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks OP, I was still able to get in on this, and I am always surprised by those of you scared off by an extra $5-$10 bucks. With gas prices creeping over $4 a gallon unless you live super close to a TRU you will spend $5-$10 easy driving around to find these damn things. I live relatively close to a store (about 12 miles) and drive a compact, but it will still cost me $4 to make the trip so if I decide to go tomorrow and end up leaving empty handed, then I will definitely be pissed I didn't jump in on this. For those of you truly trying to hunt these things down, seriously jump on this. I really think once Giants hits this fall, almost all the old stuff is going to get left behind. Lightning Rod and Zook to go.

Toys R Us is giving out $5 Gift Cards with the purchase of any triple character or adventure pack Skylanders starting tomorrow.

Not sure if this promotion will be online but I'd probably wait til tomorrow to order if anything. I'm going to try my luck instore tomorrow though :)

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Thanks OP, I was still able to get in on this, and I am always surprised by those of you scared off by an extra $5-$10 bucks. With gas prices creeping over $4 a gallon unless you live super close to a TRU you will spend $5-$10 easy driving around to find these damn things. I live relatively close to a store (about 12 miles) and drive a compact, but it will still cost me $4 to make the trip so if I decide to go tomorrow and end up leaving empty handed, then I will definitely be pissed I didn't jump in on this. For those of you truly trying to hunt these things down, seriously jump on this. I really think once Giants hits this fall, almost all the old stuff is going to get left behind. Lightning Rod and Zook to go.[/QUOTE]

I live around 10 minutes away from one and it's bad enough it's $25 at Toysrus instead of the $20 price other places have. Regardless, I have that free year of Shoprunner and it's not eligible and I never buy anything from Toyrsus.com cuz of shipping. An extra $11 kills the deal for ME. If I go tomorrow and they don't have it oh well.

eh I bought one, figured I'll head down to Toysrus tomorrow and see what they have in stock, buy something and stockpile them til xmas, then flip em on ebay during the crazy rush by parents. Unless the kid in me caves in by then and makes me open Dragon's peak because it has a phoenix in it lol

tonights take:

2 of each... dragons peak, prism break 3 packs, the boat one (pirate seas?), bash, and legendary trigger happy.

got one stump smash and drobot

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Toys R Us is giving out $5 Gift Cards with the purchase of any triple character or adventure pack Skylanders starting tomorrow.

Not sure if this promotion will be online but I'd probably wait til tomorrow to order if anything. I'm going to try my luck instore tomorrow though :)[/QUOTE]

In the last three years or so I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a deal online that involved a gift card; even when the same deal in store did.

I don't think TRU is set up to issue GC for online deals

[quote name='DaShaka']Not bashing or trolling anyone here, but how old are you guys who are buying these toys?[/QUOTE]

I'm 35 and my son is 5. I think a lot of us are parents but regardless, these "toys" are no different than other collectable or action figure that grown men drool over. They are well-made, reasonably priced, and it's an innovative concept that translates into a very fun gaming experience. This was the first game that my son played with me and he absolutely adores it. Sure it's a cash grab on Activision's part, but it looks like they stumbled onto something huge and I'm willing to bet most anything that every other publisher wishes they had come up with the idea first.

If Activision truly wanted to be dicks they wouldn't be implementing full backwards-compatability into the sequel. Fact is, you don't HAVE to buy any extras to beat the game and only five more if you want to 100% it. The consumers have created the demand, not Activision.

Sorry I went a little off-topic there.

Is this rare or something? It's been in stock all day... I don't follow Skylanders or so maybe I'm missing something here.

[quote name='Vinny']Is this rare or something? It's been in stock all day... I don't follow Skylanders or so maybe I'm missing something here.[/QUOTE]

It's a TRU exclusive and doesn't hit stores until tomorrow, so they should have plenty.

[quote name='dashaka']not bashing or trolling anyone here, but how old are you guys who are buying these toys?[/quote]

25 :)

[quote name='chriscolbert']It's a TRU exclusive and doesn't hit stores until tomorrow, so they should have plenty.[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa where does it say this is TRU exclusive?

Edit: nvm I see it on the website ;d

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thegame85']Whoa whoa whoa where does it say this is TRU exclusive?[/QUOTE]

Dragon's Peak is a TRU exclusive for 30 days. I just read about it on the Internet.

Well that changes things a bit. If its TRU exclusive then I'm stuck paying $25 any way..might just save the gas and buy online. Or I could wait but where's the fun in that?!

[quote name='chriscolbert']I'm 35 and my son is 5. I think a lot of us are parents but regardless, these "toys" are no different than other collectable or action figure that grown men drool over. They are well-made, reasonably priced, and it's an innovative concept that translates into a very fun gaming experience. This was the first game that my son played with me and he absolutely adores it. Sure it's a cash grab on Activision's part, but it looks like they stumbled onto something huge and I'm willing to bet most anything that every other publisher wishes they had come up with the idea first.

If Activision truly wanted to be dicks they wouldn't be implementing full backwards-compatability into the sequel. Fact is, you don't HAVE to buy any extras to beat the game and only five more if you want to 100% it. The consumers have created the demand, not Activision.

Sorry I went a little off-topic there.[/QUOTE]

This post couldve been written by me. I'm 33 with a 4 year old son, and I pretty much feel the same way about the whole situation and buying/collecting anything in general.

Hell from the outside looking in, any non-gamer could and probably would throw out the statement that ANY videogame purchase is a waste of money.

[quote name='DaShaka']Not bashing or trolling anyone here, but how old are you guys who are buying these toys?[/QUOTE]

35. But its for my son in 5 years when he turn 6. At least that is what I keep telling myself. :D

Even at 1 per customer I still cant believe they're still in stock. Wonder how many people outside of CAG even knew they were up for sale today on the site. Like others were saying, unless you live within 5 miles or so of a TRU, the shipping is offset by the gas you'd spend to get there.

Yeah, I couldn't resist - I ordered it, too. It's not really a deal, but considering I'm saving a 20 or 30 mile round trip on my day off to deal with rabid kids and their parents, I'm happy to order it. A bird in the hand and all that ...

I was at a TRU tonight and they said they had "5 or 10" in the back for sale tomorrow. Since I don't want to go back up there tomorrow morning for the possible chance of being able to pay $25, I think the online order is the way to go. I'm surprised they are still in stock, though - maybe the 1 per customer makes that much difference (in that a few people would order 100's otherwise). I'm still keeping an eye on it changing to store pickup option later tonight or tomorrow morning though.

The guy at TRU did say I could call in the morning and have one held for me (he wouldn't do it tonight). But he seemed to have no idea how popular they are and I have a feeling if I do call in the morning they will tell me they either sold out already or have a line waiting for them and won't hold. It's worth a shot though.

to answer how rare these are...

there were 20 on the shelf my first trip, same with legendary trigger happy, then we went to dinner across the street, i swore i saw a waranado (tho i thought the boy had one) then went back after dinner and they had 2 left of dragons peak and about 5 trigger happy.

I think word spreads quick across parents, we def called the neighbor to givd them a heads up

Were all pretty close. 30 here with a 6 & 3 yr old. The 3 yr old plays with the extra figures while the oldest and I Play the game[quote name='JaylisJayP']This post couldve been written by me. I'm 33 with a 4 year old son, and I pretty much feel the same way about the whole situation and buying/collecting anything in general.

Hell from the outside looking in, any non-gamer could and probably would throw out the statement that ANY videogame purchase is a waste of money.[/QUOTE]

Just left TRU in Polaris (OHIO). A bit of a mad house. Picked DP and there were approx 12 more on the shelf. They also have singles. I returned and repurchased 4 3 packs to get the gift card.

I'm 34, and I play with my 3-year-old son, while my 2-year-old daughter plays with the other figures. When they're in bed, my wife and I are having an absolute blast going through the game as completionists (although the speed runs are a bit of a challenge with two people!).

Also, picked up Dragon's Peak at my local TRU this morning. Madhouse here as well. Here's something weird, though. They had all of the packs in a shopping cart. I went to grab one, and an employee snatched it out of my hands -- kinda rudely -- and asked if I had a ticket. I didn't. And then she said, "You need a ticket to buy this." I said, "Oh ..." Then she said, "Do you need a ticket?" And then handed me one and handed the item back to me.

Don't really understand the point of all that, but oh well!

[quote name='Cmw7290']I'm not jumping on this bandwagon yet. I can imagine these going for couple bucks in a bargin bin in a year or so.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt that - they seem to be producing them as needed. It's not like they're hanging around on shelves as it is.

bread's done
Back