Toys R US - Confirmed Yoshi 3DS XL

gecko157

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Here you go, releases 3/14

As far as I know TRS is still offering a free $19.99 game when you buy any 2DS or 3DS system.

jjxNaqA.jpg

****UPDATE****

PO is now available

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31716976&cp=&parentPage=search

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the question is whether I jump on this, or wait for a different LE console. I regretted not getting Pikachu, but all of the other ones didn't do much for me. I still have my original red 3DS, but I've been meaning to upgrade for forever. I can't think of another game that might get the LE treatment besides Kirby.

Yeah these limited edition XLs never cease to amaze me. I bought the Black/Black XL when it came out last August, but the Pokemon ones were enticing, the Zelda one was VERY enticing, and now this Yoshi one looks brilliant.

I cant wait to see the Smash Bros one.....that I might have to get just because of how huge of a Smash fan I am.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

This is a Yoshi 3DS XL, NOT a bundle with a game. If so, OP needs to change the title.

Yeah these limited edition XLs never cease to amaze me. I bought the Black/Black XL when it came out last August, but the Pokemon ones were enticing, the Zelda one was VERY enticing, and now this Yoshi one looks brilliant.

I cant wait to see the Smash Bros one.....that I might have to get just because of how huge of a Smash fan I am.
if you were an actual huge fan you wouldnt even have to think about it, youd just buy it like the rest of us.

Anybody know if the whole ad for this week(3/9-3/15) is viewable anywhere? Would love to see if they are doing anything for Titanfall.

if you were an actual huge fan you wouldnt even have to think about it, youd just buy it like the rest of us.
Umm actually no dude. Im graduating college in May, in 6 months after that I will have to start paying back loans. Ill see what I can do, but im not stupid either with my money. Loans come first, I can always get the Smash 3DS at a later time (although I would have to pay more)

Anybody know if the whole ad for this week(3/9-3/15) is viewable anywhere? Would love to see if they are doing anything for Titanfall.
This, please. So far in this thread it seems someone has access to the tru ad and someone has access to kmart, yet they never seem to get posted. Please post the ad if you have access.

Umm actually no dude. Im graduating college in May, in 6 months after that I will have to start paying back loans. Ill see what I can do, but im not stupid either with my money. Loans come first, I can always get the Smash 3DS at a later time (although I would have to pay more)
um thanks dude for sharing your life story with us.

p.s. youre still not a big smash fan.

um thanks dude for sharing your life story with us.

p.s. youre still not a big smash fan.
Are you really judging a stranger on the web about how much of a fan they are of things? Look, I'm in his boat. Bills come first for me.

But to the user with graduating this May, don't worry man. Those loans are super scary but you'll have an easy time paying them back so long as you work hard. Just try to set the payment low at first even if that goes against your natural instinct to pay them off quickly so that you can manage all your bills well with your post-college starter job. Then get settled in and increase your payments down the line once you figure out everything.

Wow..... this has been reposted 3 times and not a single deal among them.... unless I am missing something? This isn't a bundle with the game included is it? Because that's not how it looks in the ad. But why wouldn't it be bundled, at least digitally?

That's fanboy, not fan. And frankly they are a colossal disservice to the rest of us. Gamers who buy anything just because it has Mario stamped onto it are the reason we keep getting NSMB or Super Mario HD Lands instead of something truly innovative (like Galaxy was for Wii, Sunshine for GC, 64 for the 64, ect). They encourage laziness and reward Nintendo for farting out titles as cheaply/lazily/quickly as possible. So go ahead, give yourself a pat on the back...... and a swift kick in the ass while you are at it.

I consider myself a fan and I'm not going anywhere near this game. Why should I? The original Yoshi's Island was great, no doubts there. Yoshi's Story was fine but a bit simplistic and very short (short to 100%, much shorter if you don't play through everything lol). Yoshi's Island DS was a subpar platformer at best. If the trend continues, this new game will be a disaster. Needless to say I won't be getting any limited edition system either, I will never understand why simply stamping a character on a system or game suddenly makes it so much more valuable in the eyes of the fanboy.

If the reviews say this game is comparable to the original Yoshi's Island, then I'll consider picking it up, but Nintendo's history doesn't favor that. And, after the semi-decent reviews that horrid abortion Yoshi's Island DS get, I'm talking 9/9.5's across the board, anything less and I won't be willing to gamble on this brand again.

Last edited:
Wow..... this has been reposted 3 times and not a single deal among them.... unless I am missing something? This isn't a bundle with the game included is it? Because that's not how it looks in the ad. But why wouldn't it be bundled, at least digitally?
It's more of a "PSA" than anything. If this proves to be as popular as the Pikachu 3DSXL it'll more or less sell out on the first day its available. By posting a thread here you'll alerting fellow CAGers to its existence for anyone who may be interested in purchasing it.

Otherwise it'll come and go and someone who may have been interested in it will have missed out.

Anywho, I dig the simplicity of the design and the green color seems to be okay and not too garish. (I felt the recent gold-on-silver M&L design to be a bit tacky)

Most importantly, the interior appears to be white, which is something unavailable in the US outside of the pink 3DSXL.

But like all 3DSXLs, they're just too big for me.

I super-regret not picking up either the Fire Emblem or Luigi's Mansion bundles, because I would have loved to have the Cobalt Blue 3DS just to mix things up. As it is now I'm rather tempted to grab a purple system just so I can have something different after two years of the red system.

It looks like the system won't be bundled digitally with the Yoshi game.  That is very unfortunate.

Well I was the first to post it, the others are reposts. TRS give you a free $19.99 game when you buy any 2ds or 3ds.

So much for this being a limited release.  Pikachu Limited Edition did not have a possibility for preorders and the store list was very limited.  Wasn't Pikachu only sold at Target, Walmart, and Gamestop with a limitation to 2-3 a store?  This has the makings of the "Limited" Mario & Luigi silver console...

So much for this being a limited release. Pikachu Limited Edition did not have a possibility for preorders and the store list was very limited. Wasn't Pikachu only sold at Target, Walmart, and Gamestop with a limitation to 2-3 a store? This has the makings of the "Limited" Mario & Luigi silver console...
Pikachu was also at TRU and PCRichard and more then likely a few others.

It's available for preorder 10 days prior to release. Not that big of a window.

M&L wasn't available for preorder..... at all.

No real rhyme or reason but I'd expect a non bundle like this to be more limited then a bundle like Zelda or M&L

I can't see myself selling my Pikachu system as I got it for $164.99 at Target during launch. Waiting to see if that ever happens again with one of these systems.

I forgot about TRU and don't even know what PCRichards is.  All I know is that there were 2-3 per store with no pre-order.  Guess we shall see how many are in the stores.  I don't count the Mario and Luigi console as being limited, especially when I can to Walmart.com right now and purchase it.

I forgot about TRU and don't even know what PCRichards is. All I know is that there were 2-3 per store with no pre-order. Guess we shall see how many are in the stores. I don't count the Mario and Luigi console as being limited, especially when I can to Walmart.com right now and purchase it.
The point I was making is that the M&L unit dropped WITHOUT being opened up for preorders and it may be the most common so you can't use that to gauge rarity. Both the Animal Crossing and Fire Emblems were open for preorders and they became difficult to find. Unless someone knows the print size you can't really tell how many will be produced.

Anyone else not seeing in store pickup as an available option at Best Buy? All of the stores in my area show unavailable.

Did the same when I pre-ordered it so I just chose to have it shipped to my home.
Is BB getting better about packing 3DSs? I just recall ordering the Zelda limited edition from them two Christmases ago and getting it in nothing but a small plastic bag and the 3DS box was literally dented in an inch on each side and punctured in places. Needless to say, it got returned to a local store and I ended up having to order from GS.

Is BB getting better about packing 3DSs? I just recall ordering the Zelda limited edition from them two Christmases ago and getting it in nothing but a small plastic bag and the 3DS box was literally dented in an inch on each side and punctured in places. Needless to say, it got returned to a local store and I ended up having to order from GS.
All I can tell you is that I ordered that Luigi's Mansion 3DS during Christmas and it came in good condition. However, a few months back I pre-ordered the AC:NL 3DS XL and that thing came in with a dented corner.

Other merchandise that I've ordered with BB is coming in in good condition though.

bread's done
Back