Toys R Us Coupon mailer: $10 off two games 19.99 or less

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
Got a R-Zone holiday gift guide in the mail today. A couple of good coupns in there:

Save $10 on Sega 2 packs

$10 off an Nintendo purchase $100 or more

Save $5 off any Disney Video Game

The most interesting is one that is $10 off any two Video games $19.99 or LESS. Obviously a misprint but it will be interesting to see if they will honor it. Probably not.

Anyone else get these? The coupons are good starting Dec 3rd

[quote name='suko_32']So the green tag is still going on? I tried FF Tatics PSX a week ago and I coulda swore it was green tagged back then. Oh well, I guess AC it'll be $10 so I'll get it.[/quote]

nope not green tag. still at 14.99 if I remember right.

suko, FF Tactics was taken off green tag awhile ago. Recently a lot of PS1 games were taken off green tag(Crash Racing, Syphon Filter 2 and 3, etc.).

I registered for the Toys R Us coupon mailer by phone on December 1st. To this day, I have not recieved it. When do the coupons expire, and most important, when do I get my coupons in the mail?

You might not get it. They sent these out the last week of November/first week of December. Because you signed up so late you might not get it. But this ad is also only supposed to go to guests who spend X amount of dollars in the R-zone(I forget the exact amount). Every time TRU asks for your phone number, they keep track of which section of the store you spend the most money in that way they can send you ads and coupons based on what you buy.

Dang, I really wanted to get PSone games because I just got a PSone. My PS2 can't play PS1 games for some reason.

I got another question. Could I say, use the coupon for the sega double packs, bringing it down to 19.99, then use the 10 off 19.99 or less coupon bringing down the pack to 14.99? Thanks for your help guys.

[quote name='benboxer']I've got a .pdf file of all the RZone coupons, but I'm not sure how to post it here.[/quote]what's it sourced from? is it official from TRU or a customer sourced scan?I'll host it though, email me at mojimbo at gmail dot com. how leniant would TRU about taking it blatantly printed coupons?

[quote name='tubtub']I'm wondering when this deal is going to be stopped. Today a couple of young girls came in and got over 100 of the value software games(regularly $9.99, then it takes half off so they are $5 each). The total was over $1000, then it went down to around $500, then they used the coupon and magically the total went down to $0. Amazing that no one stopped it.[/quote]

You're such a liar.

how leniant would TRU about taking it blatantly printed coupons?

The coupon states no photocopies accepted, but people have had luck getting TRU to accept it. It depends on the cashier you get plus if its printed out good enough where the coupon UPC will scan.

You're such a liar.
I think people will vouch for me on this board, but that is the honest truth. I'm not gonna make something like that up. They got around 120 games($10 each, making it $1200). But they were green tagged so it brought it down to $5 for each game, then the coupon takes $10 off for every two games making every single game $0.00. They walked outta there with a ton of free games. If only I had a copy of the receipt. It was a HUGE receipt too.

[quote name='tubtub']
how leniant would TRU about taking it blatantly printed coupons?

The coupon states no photocopies accepted, but people have had luck getting TRU to accept it. It depends on the cashier you get plus if its printed out good enough where the coupon UPC will scan.

You're such a liar.
I think people will vouch for me on this board, but that is the honest truth. I'm not gonna make something like that up. They got around 120 games($10 each, making it $1200). But they were green tagged so it brought it down to $5 for each game, then the coupon takes $10 off for every two games making every single game $0.00. They walked outta there with a ton of free games. If only I had a copy of the receipt. It was a HUGE receipt too.[/quote]

I think its true too. It makes sense when you've used the coupon before. I had gotten a copy of Frequency and Mad Maestro down to a total of $2.39 after the coupon was applied. What I don't get is how management didn't question the transaction the whole time? I know the process was legit, but you made it sound like the girls had a very smooth and hassle-free purchase.

The hardest part to believe is that there were actually 100 of these games out on the sales floor for people to pick up.
I know the coupon would work because I've rung up green tag games with the coupons (though the lowest someone's come up with with me was something like $3.24 for MGS2 and Seablade).
But more then likely with these coupons you usually have to pay tax. Even if it negates the whole subtotal, when a coupon denotes to take a certain dollar value off, rather then getting a free item with the purchase of another item, you it usually rings up as a ZERO subtotal, but tax on what it would have been. But from experience I'm not 100% sure if that's the case with this particular coupon (maybe I'll try it out at work tomorrow).
And as I stated earlier, the idea that there were 100 of the value games on the floor for them to get is hard to believe. There's not -that- many value games to take up multiple titles, and if they were mostly all the same titles, there's no way there would be that many of them out at once....
But that's just my speculation....

Man...

I feel like an old CAGer. I remember a time back in the day when I would get all excited about this, and try to finagle a way to get 20 games for free.

But...

I just don't have it in me anymore...

Maybe its because I didn't get the flyer in the mail. I dunno, somebody hype me up for this. Maybe its because getting games for free some how rubs me the wrong way (even if its perfectly legit). Like, paying 2 dollars for a game makes it a FANTASTIC deal, where as getting sacks full of games for absolutely nothing just feels like robbery.

[quote name='evilmax17']Man...

I feel like an old CAGer. I remember a time back in the day when I would get all excited about this, and try to finagle a way to get 20 games for free.

But...

Maybe its because I didn't get the flyer in the mail. I dunno, somebody hype me up for this. Maybe its because getting games for free some how rubs me the wrong way (even if its perfectly legit). Like, paying 2 dollars for a game makes it a FANTASTIC deal, where as getting sacks full of games for absolutely nothing just feels like robbery.[/quote]

Sadly, I'm actually with you on this :(

Also I don't think there are many 19.99 and under games I want anyways. I hate the GH/PH/PC label so all those are out plus I imagine my stores have been picked over anyways.

here's the pdf file. it's hosted on my old homestead account so I'm not sure if it has sufficient bandwith to host it for long. that being said, try to keep it within ourselves(CAG community) if possible, or better yet, if anyone else has reliable hosting it wouldn't hurt to have it hosted elsewhere as well.

http://mojoign.homestead.com/files/trucoupons.pdf

thanks ben + OP, I'll be trying this out later.

It worked...

4 Copies of BG and Evil with each copy 5.48-2 Dollars and change after coupon/tax
6 Copies of Devil May Cry with each copy 5.48-3 Dollars and change after coupon/tax
2 Copies of Rygar-Each copy 4.98=Literal Pennies after tax/coupon
4 Copies of Mark of Kri=4.98 each copy=Literal Pennies after tax/coupon

Picked up 16 games for around 6 bucks..Y Helo that Ebay and Gamerush 4 for 1 deal =/

Printed Coupon worked for me as well. It wouldn't scan but the guy just punched it in and $20 cheaper. Managed to grab Prince of Persia, Arc the Lad, La Pucelle and the whole reason I went in the first place Fatal Frame II for $43 and change. It's understandable they didn't have Katamari Damacy but they lacked NFL2k5 as well sadly, maybe next time. Thank you very much.

I also talked three different kids parents into buying Beyond Good and Evil for them. Everyone needs it, even 7 year olds.

Update, printout worked like a charm, thanks again sanjuro. Even let me use it on the 2 for $30 greatest hits. So I actually got them for about $10, it's not as good as circuit city deal but is still worth it.

[quote name='HOTSHIET']Update, printout worked like a charm, thanks again sanjuro. Even let me use it on the 2 for $30 greatest hits. So I actually got them for about $10, it's not as good as circuit city deal but is still worth it.[/quote]

So the two deals can be combined? Looks like I'm going to be getting some of the Sonic GC titles that CC didn't have.

Many thanks to the OP and those who posted the scan. At my TRU the machine wouldn't read the coupon, but the guy knew about the promotion and just did it manually. Got BG&E and Devil May Cry for $4.xx total.

I'm hecka confused as to how this works exactly? Anyone wanna clarify? Ppl said they bought like 40 games for 6 bucks? How? I thought the coupon is $10 off any two games priced 19.99 or less, so if they're 20 each then its $30 total?

Anyone get denied before? I got denied because the manager was called and said that the coupon was printed out and couldn't be used. I was pissed. But then again, I used poor judgement because I got 8 games that totaled $3.59.

fuck, if I had the real coupon, I'd get my games without worrying about the coupon clause.

oper00, the girls did have no hassle in using the coupon. The manager came over and looked at it and kept thinking what is going on, but read the coupon, looked at the computer and let it go through since they weren't doing anything wrong and they followed everything the coupon said. The only thing that could have been done is limiting how many the girls could get, but I guess he was glad to get rid of the games. And I can't believe your stores don't have any of that Value Software, most stores here have TONS of them. I was checking the computer and theres some stores that have over 200 of these left, so they are out there.

They got multiples of most titles which is why they got so many(there were probably only about 10-15 different titles in stock of these), probably something like this 15-20 MOJO for PS2/XB, 10-20 EJ ClubWorld, 10 Virtua Tennis, Syphon Filter 1 for PS1, 10 Marble something PS1 games, 10 Mad Maestro, PS1 card games, XB Unreal Tournament, GBA Karnaaj Rally and even more. There were some games the coupon didn't work on, so they made the cashier take them off(most PS1s games don't work-only the value software ones do). Also, they took a ton of the new JamPack for PS2, its only $4.99 at TRU(even though it say $7.99 on the package) and the coupon will work on the new JamPack but not the older green tag ones.

They got it for 0.00 because the games are $9.99 each, then the computer marks it down to $4.98 after the green tag discount. Then the cashier scans the coupon which takes $5 off each game as long as you have an even amount of games. Since each game costs you $0.00, the total is $0.00 and thus you will not be charged tax since the total is $0.00. Sometimes with other coupons it won't remove the tax, but this one does. I know people are still skeptical about this, but I'm working on getting a copy of the transaction posted eventually(we can pull it up in store). The total amount saved at the bottom of the receipt was crazy.

Has anyone had a sale of all PS2 and Xbox GH/OH 2 for $20? I remember seeing the back of the current TRU ad, which had 2 for $30, but there were clearly marked signs indicating 2 for $20. If you could use the coupon on that deal, might be hot.

I will probably go to TRU tomorrow afternoon to try this out.

How come the 2 different scans look different? one is on a white background and one is blue? I will probably go to kinkos and print it on like magazine type paper.

[quote name='sanjuro'][quote name='benboxer']I've got a .pdf file of all the RZone coupons, but I'm not sure how to post it here.[/quote]what's it sourced from? is it official from TRU or a customer sourced scan?I'll host it though, email me at mojimbo at gmail dot com. how leniant would TRU about taking it blatantly printed coupons?[/quote]

Where did the source come from? No one answered the question :shock:

edit: after looking at this .pdf, you can see the r-zone and toys r us logo and pictures are pixilated. if they call management, then they'll spot it as an automatic fake. you'd have to pull this off with a n00b cashier :roll:

Used it a third time last night, an obvious photocopy or laser print.

Same store, for a second time. They just don't seem to care about the "no photocopies" rule.

[quote name='Sway']Has anyone had a sale of all PS2 and Xbox GH/OH 2 for $20? I remember seeing the back of the current TRU ad, which had 2 for $30, but there were clearly marked signs indicating 2 for $20. If you could use the coupon on that deal, might be hot.[/quote]

I did it last night. Hot Shots Golf 3 and Final Fantasy X, both netted out at $20.

he answered me through email, forgot to post it here, it's from the internal TRU site. The pixelation is good in that if it was a scan it wouldn't have that and management probably already knows about the coupon so they wouldn't tell you it was a fake. maybe they'd tell you something about the 'no copies' thing, but this isn't really a copy.

[quote name='t65will']Big time thanks to sanjuro for the coupon. I got Xenosaga and Soul Calibur II (PS2) for $3.96+tax.[/quote]

How did you manage to pull that off? Was it green tags + GH + $10 off?

I got Crimson Skies and PGR2 for 20 total. Decent enough for me... none of the bargain bin games seemed all that great, and there was no indication of a green tag sale. Asked the cashier if it was okay if I could combine the offers, and he said it was fine. He asked me where I got the coupon, so I'm guessing that this coupon wasn't available in NY in the first place. Told him I got it online, scanned through perfectly!

Thanks to the people who posted the coupon!

Troy, MI Toys R' Us did not accept the printed copy. they said originals only since it was only ever offered in the rzone flyer.

Hey, can you return green tag clearance games? TRU isn't one of those places that say all clearance items are FINAL are they?

[quote name='sn0b0ards']Troy, MI Toys R' Us did not accept the printed copy. they said originals only since it was only ever offered in the rzone flyer.[/quote]

It depends what you tried to ring up and/or who the cashier was. If you went up to the counter with 30 games that would ring up zero dollars total, that would raise a red flag. If you went up to the counter with some games to an "old" person, then you'd be definately be denied.

It all depends on the condition of TRU. I got denied once and was able to use the printed coupon 3 times by now (same TRU btw)

Hey, can you return green tag clearance games? TRU isn't one of those places that say all clearance items are FINAL are they?

Green Tag stuff can be returned. It falls under the normal return policy. This one guy got 5 or 6 games from me today for $0 and his plan is to return them the day after Christmas since most stores are allowing you to return stuff without a receipt. The return value would be $5 a game, but hey thats pure profit. Pretty sneaky of him.

Ok, I hit 7 different TRU stores today (bought stuff at 6 of them). Basically every store I could hit between Bloomington, IN and Detroit, MI (driving home for christmas break). I'd only printed out 6 copies of the coupon before I left, so the 7th store was it for me.

It turned a 7 1/2 hour drive into a 12 hour drive, but I wound up with about 50 games (made sure to leave plenty for anyone else coming after me, though).

With the exception of some skepticism & initial reluctance to take the coupon at the last store that I stopped at (by 696 & Telegraph in Michigan), everywhere was fine with printouts of the coupon from the PDF.

Some of the non-free highlights:
La Pucelle Tactics - $9
Xenogears - $5
Sword of Mana - $5
Onimusha Tactics - $5
Maximo 2 - $5
Plus lots of bargain games ringing up at $0.00 (haven't figured out what to do with all of them as of yet, though -- I'm probably going to let my mom take a bunch of the sports/puzzle games to use as sunday school prizes, though).

Then there was the sears that I stopped at that still had one of the PSOne LCD Combos left for $40 - $5 coupon.

All-in-all a pretty good haul for 400 miles of driving. Definitely helped to keep the trip interesting.

[quote name='tubtub']

Green Tag stuff can be returned. It falls under the normal return policy. This one guy got 5 or 6 games from me today for $0 and his plan is to return them the day after Christmas since most stores are allowing you to return stuff without a receipt. The return value would be $5 a game, but hey thats pure profit. Pretty sneaky of him.[/quote]

The receipts show the discount taken after the price reduction, so if he got the games for free he would $0 back... I've returned a $5 that was $0.15 after the coupon... I got $0.15 back on my card.

[quote name='evilmax17']Man...
But...
Maybe its because I didn't get the flyer in the mail. I dunno, somebody hype me up for this. Maybe its because getting games for free some how rubs me the wrong way (even if its perfectly legit). Like, paying 2 dollars for a game makes it a FANTASTIC deal, where as getting sacks full of games for absolutely nothing just feels like robbery.[/quote]

I agree with you. I enjoy a good legit sale like the legendary Circuit City $5 summer clearance, but slightly underhanded deals like this just aren't my thing. You and I are suffering from longterm exposure to CAG :)
There's just been such an onslaught of 'daylight robbery' type sales this year, with stacks of great games being picked up for $5 a pop, that a deal like this is just overkill at this point. Its like eating a whole box of cookies...damn its good at first, but as you eat more and more of them, you get sick of them, and bored with them. Picking up another bunch of mediocre games for $2-$3 each doesn't hold much of a thrill at the moment. I've got at least six unopened games right here that I was formerly looking forward to playing, but I don't have much motivation to open them, I've got stacks of other unfinished games that I need to plow through first.

bread's done
Back