Toys R Us, Gears of War Limited Edition ONLY 99.99! YMMV

coldgears

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I took a 50 mile drive to New York to meet some family I have up there (I go up a few times each month). Anyway, I stopped in Toys R Us and I saw they had Gears of War Limited Edition for $99.99!!! I couldn't believe it, so I asked them to scan it. Woah, it was still $99.99. I bought two for $220.

I'm so glad to finally give back to this community i've been a part of for 5 years. Of course, it is YMMV, just hope you get lucky.

Here's some proof (It may be hard to believe!)

2012-04-05202730.jpg

2012-04-05202109.jpg

gears 3 sucked but i was willing to pick up another console to practice modding for $99 since i only use steam/origin (pc) and psn (ps3) to play online anymore.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Pic of receipt please![/QUOTE]
update: oh, i meant to say i was willing to buy it for $99 until i saw this wasn't a real deal.

[quote name='PublikDefender']update: oh, i meant to say i was willing to buy it for $99 until i saw this wasn't a real deal.[/QUOTE]
He's not responding because he's driving back there to do a return :lol:

I can't tell if the OP is being sincere or if he's being really sarcastic and it's just not reaching me. I don't get that first picture at all, you used your phone to take a picture of a note on your ipod? I'm almost as confused as that old man with glasses to the left.

Whatever the case, it's clear that TRUs in NY are dark as hell, it almost looks like he's at a convention or something.

[quote name='iamsmart']I can't tell if the OP is being sincere or if he's being really sarcastic and it's just not reaching me. I don't get that first picture at all, you used your phone to take a picture of a note on your ipod? I'm almost as confused as that old man with glasses to the left.

Whatever the case, it's clear that TRUs in NY are dark as hell, it almost looks like he's at a convention or something.[/QUOTE]

I am also realizing there are like 12 copies at least...most likely more...why so many Epic editions in one store?

lol was hoping it was the console given the price listed and enthusiasm. figured it wasn't, but hey I figure BB will eventually have a fire sale on those things. At least 5 BB's relatively close to me had easily over 20 of the Gears 360 bundles each.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am also realizing there are like 12 copies at least...most likely more...why so many Epic editions in one store?[/QUOTE]

If he's in NY and judging by the pic, he's at the TRU store in NYC, where it'd make sense to have so many as it's a flagship kind of store.

As noted, a non-deal at this point.

When I read the title of the thread, I figured TRU did the same price hike bs on the LE like they did on the original Uncharted for PS3 a couple of years ago where it went from $7 on clearance back to MSRP just so they could lower it to $15 for Black Friday.

But yeah, I've seen tons of the Epic Edition in my TRU stores here. They ain't movin' at $100, at least not around here.

Grumpy Smurf says, 'This deal sucks!'

Odd thing is that TRU is the store (& folks) who marked down the LE to $10; but Epic Edition to $100?

I don't get it; $90 difference for the statue and artbook; in a box larger than most console boxes?

Why this deal is so puzzling to so many = the OP and TRU.

bread's done
Back