Toys R Us has GREAT Customer Service

kulsechsky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Toys R Us turned a potential annoyance into a SCORE! I ordered Modern Warfare Game of the Year Edition and Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition using the Buy 1 get 1 75% off deal they have going on right now. Well, they sent me Modern Warfare GH instead which doesn't include the $10 map pack, so I gave them a call. The Rep apologized and told me she would credit the $19.99 back onto my card. I informed her that it was part of a deal and that I got Batman for 75% off, but she said it wasn't a problem and started to hang up. I stopped her again and asked how to return MW to which she replied, "You don't have to send it back. Just keep it."

WOW! So basically I got COD 4: MW and Batman AA for $5. Add the $10 map pack and its still only $15 for both games. I don't know why their policy is to let the customers keep the item if the wrong one is sent. I'm guessing it doesn't make financial sense and they know it makes the customer happy???

Let's just hope Batman AA is the GOTY edition. If they send me the regular one I'll just buy the DLC but my deal won't be brag worthy.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hasn't the map pack expired?[/QUOTE]

They expire??

I know that pre-order bonus DLC codes expire but for a GOTY edition???

[quote name='kulsechsky']They expire??

I know that pre-order bonus DLC codes expire but for a GOTY edition???[/QUOTE]

Yep, though COD4:MW pulled an ultra sketchy and stopped including the map pack altogether about 6 months after release. I got it for Christmas back when and thought it was an error. Called/emailed Activision and they pretty much told me to pound sand.

Dont waste your money buying the map pack. The game is almost unplayable online anymore. And when I say almost, I mean completely unplayable.

[quote name='Ziv']Dont waste your money buying the map pack. The game is almost unplayable online anymore. And when I say almost, I mean completely unplayable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. That's too bad though... I was hoping to get a prestige token for MW3 from MW1.

[quote name='kulsechsky']Thanks for the heads up. That's too bad though... I was hoping to get a prestige token for MW3 from MW1.[/QUOTE]

Well, you still can but you are going to have to face the hacks in that game from time to time. Nothing impossible though.

If you just want to get the token for MW3 by prestiging in COD4, it is doable.

bread's done
Back